Post Reply
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View Other Residuals of Canadian Health Care
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 11:29AM #51
Do_unto_others
Posts: 9,002

Jun 22, 2012 -- 5:02PM, TENAC wrote:

Those that moved up werent contributing in the first place.



Another HUGE lie from the pit of Hades. ALL Canadians "contribute".


Like I've always said about your posts, if you have to LIE to make your point, you've already lost the argument. You do it on the same-gender marriage threads too.


 


You. Are. NOT. Believed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 11:32AM #52
mecdukebec
Posts: 14,714

Jun 25, 2012 -- 11:14AM, Do_unto_others wrote:


Jun 21, 2012 -- 8:08PM, mecdukebec wrote:


Jun 21, 2012 -- 6:06PM, TENAC wrote:


Jun 21, 2012 -- 5:28PM, Jasr wrote:


Jun 21, 2012 -- 4:54PM, TENAC wrote:

Ed, the Left on this board will argue to their death there is no waiting line in Canada for health care




I don't know whom you are referring to, but I have never argued that ther is no waiting line in Canada for health care.


The waits in Canada are well documented because The Canadians document them.


Here in the US of A we do not.


We do not have a clue of the correlation between waiting for care and the ability to pay, and how the statistics would be distorted by the people who need care and never get it because they can't afford it.


We certainly don't have a clue what the impact is on American worker productivity.


And the Republicans and their insurance paymasters like it that way.


In Canada's case, wait time statistics are very public...right out in the open for far-right think tanks like the Fraser Institute to write articles about, and they can and do affect public policy.


The costs of health care are very public too. So the voters and taxpayers can make informed decisions about how much health care expenditures they want to support and what the impact will be...on population health and comfort, and on productivity.




Well, we know govt run health care in Canada leads to long lines and a less productive society.




I enjoyed a flight today.  I saw on the "What to do in case of emergency landing." card in the seat pouch, and the plane was identified as a "Bombardier." I don't know where this free Wingoassociation stuff comes from, other than the collective reptilian unconscious, but "less productive" is one of the Wingothings that is, well, a thing. 





Ditto.


TENAC's usual fibs and slurs do not go unnoticed. He seems to have ignored the fact that his selective interpretation just might possibly have been affected by the fact that the Fraser Institute is a right-wing libertarian "think"-tank.  
 
For the most up-to-date info:  
www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Fras...  
They are funded in part by the JohnBirch Koch Bros.  
 
The Fraser Institute has been sending out it's false message about the healthcare system in Canada in the hopes they can privatize everything there.


AND by the fact that  the study makes the assumption that 11% of patients "were adversely affected by their wait for non-emergency surgery."


And the fact that the latest 2012 information regarding healthcare wait times in Canada:  
www.cihi.ca/cihi-ext-portal/internet/en/...  
 
shows that new analysis from the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) reveals that about 8 out of 10 Canadians receive priority-area procedures—including hip and knee replacements, cataract surgery, hip fracture repair and radiation therapy—within the medically recommended time frames.  


And, almost all (97%) patients receive radiation therapy within the recommended time frame of four weeks;  
Similar proportions of patients receive hip replacement (82%), hip fracture repair (79%) and cataract surgery (82%) within these procedures’ respective time frames; and  
Knee replacements have the longest wait times, with 75% of patients receiving care within the benchmark time frame.  
 
These results are largely similar to last year’s findings....  
 
And here for more info on Fraser Institute/Koch Bros.  
www.vancouverobserver.com/politics/2012/...


Pesky little things these facts. They get in the way of a good rightwingnuterati invented slur.




These are the Wingos who still believe in the IRQ war (but never served); the Good Book talks about God sending a "strong delusion" on those who are deceived.  Ironic, I would say. 

*******

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 11:42AM #53
Do_unto_others
Posts: 9,002

Jun 22, 2012 -- 5:49PM, TENAC wrote:


Going to try and be instructional here.



You're going to have to "try" harder.


Jun 22, 2012 -- 5:49PM, TENAC wrote:

Canadians today grew up with government povided health care.  They know no other health care system.



Patently untrue. Between my family and my 3 sisters' families, three out of the four of us have had direct contact with the US system. (We're 'snowbirds'.)


Last year, my husband spent 4 days in St. Petersburg General Hospital getting an anti-biotic drip. No surgery was involved. The bill came to $85,000.00. In Canada there would have been NO bill. At all. It would have crippled our retirement if we had not purchased out-of-country medical insurance (which, btw, was less than $700 - for five months of coverage!!!).


My sister's husband was treated for a cyst- original quote"$6,000. But because they chose not to purchase insurance, the doctor then haggled and in the end it cost less than $1,000. (And, again, it would have been $0.00 in Canada.) But who wants to have to haggle for medical treatment? (Same thing happened with a friend who needed back surgery in the US while on holidays. Original quote: $30,000. Final price? $6,0000. That's just screwy in my oipinion.)


Jun 22, 2012 -- 5:49PM, TENAC wrote:

  There is a dependency inherent in that.  Not saying AT ALL its wrong.



I'd say it's BLARNEY.


Jun 22, 2012 -- 5:49PM, TENAC wrote:

  My observation doesnt see the advantages.



There are none so blind ...


Jun 22, 2012 -- 5:49PM, TENAC wrote:

Canadians have had govt health care for generations.



You type that like it was a bad thing. It isn't.


Jun 22, 2012 -- 5:49PM, TENAC wrote:

I dont fault any Canadian for resisting that change. 



Since "that change" isn't even happening, you'd be (even more) absurd to do so.


The rest of your post is just blathering anti-poor nonsensical diatribe unworthy of serious response.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 11:44AM #54
Do_unto_others
Posts: 9,002

Jun 22, 2012 -- 7:32PM, TENAC wrote:

As regards the early fire fighters, I understand each was to pay for its service and if you didnt pay your house might go up in flames as the fire fighters watched.






This very thing happened just last year. In America.


Clue.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2012 - 4:23PM #55
Jasr
Posts: 11,795

Here is an excellent example of some residuals of the US "system."


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook