Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Christians call to end the U.S.-backed Israeli occupation
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 6:58PM #1
ted08721
Christians in Palestine and here in the U.S. call for ending U.S. support of the Israeli occupation!

ncronline.org/blogs/road-peace/us-church...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 7:52PM #2
LeahOne

And that would be startling or surprising *why*?  I refer to the exclamation point at the end of your sentence.....

Seriously, I know of no 'organized' religion which is immune to politics.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 8:52PM #3
ted08721

Jun 19, 2012 -- 7:52PM, LeahOne wrote:

And that would be startling or surprising *why*?  I refer to the exclamation point at the end of your sentence.....

Seriously, I know of no 'organized' religion which is immune to politics.

I would say it has to do more with the outrage people feel about our government supporting and OUR MONEY going to such an evil endeavor.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 11:09PM #4
LeahOne

Yes, *you* would - but that has no bearing on whether such words would be accurate or even partially correct.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 11:19PM #5
rangerken

A lot of Christians, the large majority of us I believe, support Israel Ted, and damn well do NOT support the Palestinians, and won't as long as they allow Hamas to exist among them.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2012 - 9:39AM #6
Dostojevsky

Jun 19, 2012 -- 6:58PM, ted08721 wrote:

Christians in Palestine and here in the U.S. call for ending U.S. support of the Israeli occupation!

ncronline.org/blogs/road-peace/us-church...

About time, the mass hypnothism is lifting?

I can't open the link for some reason**

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2012 - 10:14AM #7
LeahOne

Dos, "mass hypnotism" ????   Surely you are not the least bit serious!!!!

If you are - it belongs on the 'conspiracy' board.  (Or in the garbage:  take your pick!)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2012 - 10:15AM #8
ted08721

Jun 19, 2012 -- 11:19PM, rangerken wrote:

A lot of Christians, the large majority of us I believe, support Israel Ted, and damn well do NOT support the Palestinians, and won't as long as they allow Hamas to exist among them.

Ken

Large majority? I don't think so.
A Christian that sincerely follows the Gospels can in no way support what is happening to the Palestinian people regardless of what their opinion is of the leadership that is in power.
There has been 7 Palestians killed in the past 24 hours including  a 2-year-old Palestinian child  , and her brother was injured, after the army bombarded their home in Gaza.

I don't think Jesus would approve

www.imemc.org/article/63764

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2012 - 10:31AM #9
Miraj

Most of the Christians I know don't support Israel, not because they hate Israel, but because they question its insistance to be a Jewish nation.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2012 - 11:17AM #10
ted08721

I know out of those alledged Christians that support Israel there are many that only do so because it fits into their fantasy of the "End Times" and a conflict in the Middle East will will bring about the end time and the return of Christ; it kind of reminds me more of the Jamestown
"Kool Aid" cult than it does any legit Christian viewpoint.
But there is money to be made from books and movies I remember reading and seeing the book/movie "The Late Great Planet Earth" by Hal Lindsey.

Moderated by Stardove on Jun 20, 2012 - 01:03PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook