Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Glenn Beck Vows to Extinguish Glee
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 11:36PM #21
withwonderingawe

Mmarcoe; No, I think he'd rather see young people put on expensive suits and find ways to join the 1%…..

Yes he would like all young people to be able to enjoy the American dream.

You sound like a very bitter man who is drowning in self pity.

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 12:45AM #22
davelaw40

Jun 16, 2012 -- 9:13PM, catboxer wrote:

Moaning and groaning along with the faithful and the good ol Faith & Freedom Coalition Conference, radio host Glenn Beck has declared a fatwa and pronounced a jihad against the HBO series "Glee."

“A year ago I was watching the show ‘Glee’ with my wife and we watched it like this,” Beck said making the motion of his jaw dropping. “It’s horrifying some of the things that they’re teaching high schoolers.But it’s brilliantly done. It’s brilliantly done.”

2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/06/glenn...

I have no idea what this nutjob is rambling about, or what his objections to it are, as I'm TV-less and have never seen it. There's also a video at the link in which Beck I suppose explains how he's going to do this coup de fois gras to his own satisfaction, at least, but I didn't watch that either.

What grabbed me about this story was the paragraph at the very end: Beck has faded from the national stage following his departure from Fox News in 2010. But he’s still extremely popular among many in the conservative community. Since leaving Fox, Beck has established his own online media empire. This week he announced a $100 million contract to keep doing his nationally syndicated radio show. At FFC Friday, the line stretched around the lobby when Beck sat down to sign books. About 40,000 people have already signed up for Beck’s three-day “Restoring Love” extravaganza at Cowboy Stadium in Texas, where he plans to debut his Oedipus Project material, according to Buzzfeed.

That's a five-year contract for 100 million. The old one was five years for 50 million. He's now got enough money to make himself look real foolish.

Glee is Fox

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 9:57AM #23
catboxer

The Fox entertainment network is not the same thing as the Fox News Network.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 10:26AM #24
davelaw40

Its all Murdock-its just not Roger Ailes

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 3:07PM #25
catboxer

I know they're owned by the same company, but they have different entertainment objectives and different target audiences.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 6:31PM #26
davelaw40

divide and conquer

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 9:40PM #27
Roodog

I had just read that a couple of the actors in"Glee" are gay.

I wonder if this might have something to do with Beck's crusade. If that is so, then evry show on TV will come under fire.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook