Page 8 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Obama bypasses Congress to declare "Amnesty" for 800,000 illegals
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 1:08AM #71
solfeggio
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 1:18AM #72
Mlyons619

Jun 18, 2012 -- 1:08AM, solfeggio wrote:

My, my: you show such compassion for people only looking for a better life.

Hmmm.  So your country would be willing to take in 11-12 million illegals?  Most of them unskilled laborers?  That's NOT what I'm reading about your quotas.  Wanna talk to me about YOUR immigration restrictions?

Wonder how "compassionate" you'd be if it were your social programs being sucked dry...

As it happens, many of the so-called 'illegals' do pay taxes

So do many foreign tourists?  Does that give 'em the right to stay when the visa ends?

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 8:15AM #73
arielg

Jun 18, 2012 -- 1:18AM, Mlyons619 wrote:

Jun 18, 2012 -- 1:08AM, solfeggio wrote:

My, my: you show such compassion for people only looking for a better life.

Hmmm.  So your country would be willing to take in 11-12 million illegals?  Most of them unskilled laborers?  That's NOT what I'm reading about your quotas.  Wanna talk to me about YOUR immigration restrictions?

Wonder how "compassionate" you'd be if it were your social programs being sucked dry...

As it happens, many of the so-called 'illegals' do pay taxes

So do many foreign tourists?  Does that give 'em the right to stay when the visa ends?

If you read Solfeggio's links above you woudn't go on with the nonsense that they just take, abuse the system and give nothing back. 

Your only argument is that they are illegal.  Yes, they are  and are on shaky ground because of that. But the problem is not as black and white  and the redneck solutions you keep advocating are not realistic, but kneejerk reactions that make some people think that just "applying the law" will make the problem go away.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 9:22AM #74
loveontheair

Jun 17, 2012 -- 11:49PM, teilhard wrote:

An ACTIVITY may be "Illegal," but no PERSON is "Illegal" ...

SOME Immigrants are "Un-Documented," but those PERSONS are NOT "Illegal" ...

Hello,

Just what planet do you come from??

I personally know two *illegal-aliens in LA who are from the UK.

Ill-legal-aliens are Law breakers. If their Visa expires and they decide to stay then they are breaking the Law. It doesn't matter the color of their skin.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 9:39AM #75
Nepenthe

My thoughts on this are pretty much summed up as thus:

...today the president said that if you were brought to this country at a young age, by no choice of your own, which is to say that if the United States has been your home for as long as you can remember . . . . we will no longer put you handcuffs, put you on a bus or plane, then dump you in a country where you might have been born, but that is otherwise completely foreign to you.

Somehow, this is controversial?

In a humane, sane world, the country’s collective reaction to today’s announcement would have been, You mean until now, we were actually doing this to people? What the hell is wrong with us?

That is pretty much the viewpoint if you actually believe in limited government and somehow identify as prolife.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 1:22PM #76
Erey

I didn't read alot on this but when I first heard this story I was under the impression that it was for the kids brought here at an early age but also they needed to be students.  Is that right?

I have no hesitation if the people we are giving amnesty to are finishing or finished their k-12 education.  I do hesitate if they are capable of doing that and they are not.  Kids who don't finish school typically are a big burden on the system and more apt to crime, etc. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 4:50PM #77
Druac

Jun 15, 2012 -- 11:15PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

This gives me some hope.  This poll seems to indicate that a CLEAR majority of Americans are tired of the Democratic circus and are ready to make some changes in November...

In favor of what, the Republican Circus? LOL

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 4:59PM #78
Mlyons619

Yup.  Obama's clown act  keep doing the same ole' cr@p over and over and is becoming tiresome.  A change of venue will, at the very least, give us a new act to be entertained by...Wink

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 8:08PM #79
TENAC

obama decides he doesnt like a law,

so he doesnt enforce the law.

What did his oath say?

And this isnt the first time. 

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 8:14PM #80
rangerken

Jun 18, 2012 -- 8:08PM, TENAC wrote:

obama decides he doesnt like a law,

so he doesnt enforce the law.

What did his oath say?

And this isnt the first time. 

There is no moral difference between the above and not obeying a law one doesn't like.

Obama wishes he was a dictator not bound by a pesky consstitution.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook