Page 6 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Obama bypasses Congress to declare "Amnesty" for 800,000 illegals
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 4:25PM #51
Armwar

what am I, chopped liver?  an inconvenient soothsayer?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 5:04PM #52
Mlyons619

Jun 17, 2012 -- 4:25PM, Armwar wrote:

Does "compassion" mean that I as an American taxpayer am required to fund the welfare benefits, food stamps, and education, of  approximately 11 to 12 MILLION unskilled FOREIGN NATIONALS who illegally crossed our borders?

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 5:06PM #53
teilhard

The CHILDREN ... ???  Yes ...

Jun 17, 2012 -- 5:04PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

Jun 17, 2012 -- 4:25PM, Armwar wrote:

Does "compassion" mean that I as an American taxpayer am required to fund the welfare benefits, food stamps, and education, of  approximately 11 to 12 MILLION unskilled FOREIGN NATIONALS who illegally crossed our borders?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 5:14PM #54
Mlyons619

Why don't we save OUR OWN KIDS before we go off and save the rest of the World's?

Of course if you ANTI-BORDER TYPES want to sponsor ALL the illegals and foot their entire bill, then I'm alright with that. 

But funding YOUR compassion with MY tax dollars?  WRONG!!!

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 5:24PM #55
TENAC

What obama did makes zero logical sense except in the world of politics.

Pandering for votes.

There will be 800.000 illegal, ILLEGAL mexicans either taking jobs that Americans could take or we will have 800.000 on the unemployment dole.

That is the math.  Cut it anyway you like.

Gosh I cannot wait for Novemeber 6.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 5:39PM #56
Armwar

You will have to choose between Romney who endorses the protection of children in this country and Obama who endorses the protection of children in this country.

I can't understand where some people who call themselves Christians believe they have the right to do so, going so clearly against everything Jesus stood for.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 5:50PM #57
arielg

There will be 800.000 illegal, ILLEGAL mexicans either taking jobs that Americans could take or we will have 800.000 on the unemployment dole.

OK, get off you ideological box and come back to the world of reality: what are you going to do with them?  Where do you want to send them?.  Keep them in the closet? They came here as kids and grew up here.  They have nothing in Mexico.  

800.000 on the unemployment dole is hyperbolic nonsense.  If they are working now, why would they stop working when they become semi-legal?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 5:56PM #58
TENAC

Jun 17, 2012 -- 5:50PM, arielg wrote:

OK, get off you ideological box and come back to the world of reality: what are you going to do with them?  Where do you want to send them?.  Keep them in the closet? They came here as kids and grew up here.  They have nothing in Mexico.  

800.000 on the unemployment dole is hyperbolic nonsense.  If they are working now, why would they stop working when they become semi-legal?

Then theoretically if an illegal has a job, there is an American without a job whose 99 month unemployment is running out.

I have no problem with working legislatively to do something.  But this stroke of a pen, law of the land has got to stop.  For all parties concerned.

obama had two years of complete control to work this out.  The Mexicans should be pissed. 

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 5:57PM #59
Mlyons619

Jun 17, 2012 -- 5:39PM, Armwar wrote:

You will have to choose between Romney who endorses the protection of children in this country and Obama who endorses the protection of children in this country.

Which means that my support for Romney is rather lukewarm.

Romney will at least be doing it via Constitutional means rather than bypassing Congress and doing it via dictatorial executive fiat.

Which means that my support for Romney is rather lukewarm.

Romney will at least be doing it via Constitutional means rather than bypassing Congress and doing it via dictatorial executive fiat.

Jun 17, 2012 -- 5:39PM, Armwar wrote:

Moderated by rangerken on Jun 17, 2012 - 07:47PM
            --Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 5:59PM #60
Mlyons619

Jun 17, 2012 -- 5:50PM, arielg wrote:

I wonder how many will REMAIN employed now that they NOW have to be paid minimum wage and tax records kept on them?

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook