Page 7 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Obama bypasses Congress to declare "Amnesty" for 800,000 illegals
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 6:06PM #61
Mlyons619

when did it become "Christian" to allow illegals to continue to loot our taxpayer funded social services?

Moderated by rangerken on Jun 17, 2012 - 07:49PM
"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 7:09PM #62
arielg

I doubt very much that compassion will drive this country insolvent. But militarism, which some people suport blindly, might very well.  Fences, drones and force measures are more dangerous to a country made up of immigrants,  than people looking for a better life through work and sacrifices. Decline always comes from the inside.

Moderated by rangerken on Jun 17, 2012 - 07:51PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 7:18PM #63
Bodean

Jun 17, 2012 -- 7:09PM, arielg wrote:

Forgive me, however, if I don't share your desire to drive my country insolvent with your compassion...

Decline always comes from the inside.

But that decline from the inside is almost always the result of Policy Decisions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 7:18PM #64
Mlyons619

We are NOT talking about militarism here.

As regards the use of UNARMED drones to surveil ares of the border, would that identify where illegals are placing themselves in danger by crossing dry uninhabited areas so the rescue could get to them more quickly?

Whatever we do, we need to STOP this massive influx across our Southern border.  There will NEVER be effective immigration reform until that happens...

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 7:22PM #65
Fodaoson

Jun 17, 2012 -- 5:57PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

Jun 17, 2012 -- 5:39PM, Armwar wrote:

You will have to choose between Romney who endorses the protection of children in this country and Obama who endorses the protection of children in this country.

Which means that my support for Romney is rather lukewarm.

Romney will at least be doing it via Constitutional means rather than bypassing Congress and doing it via dictatorial executive fiat.

Jun 17, 2012 -- 5:39PM, Armwar wrote:

I can't understand where some people who call themselves Christians believe they have the right to do so, going so clearly against everything Jesus stood for.

So when did you become Christian?

The Constitution of the United States…

Article II - The Executive Branch…

Section 2 - Civilian Power over Military, Cabinet, Pardon Power, Appointments…

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

Okay you do not agree with the  act , and you are a conservative and do not like Obama, but the action he took is constitutional.  Illegal immigration is an offense against the United States.  

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 7:40PM #66
Mlyons619

I see you did NOT note that Obama FAILED to use the word "amnesty" or "pardon," tho he DID tell a federal agency NOT to enforce the law for certain folk.

So the Chief Executive's IGNORING the Law of the Land is "Constitutional," eh?

Obama's GAMBLING that this opportunism to pander to the Hispanic vote won't cost him, tho polling of Americans on immigration sez this move is a LOSING gamble...

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 9:52PM #67
solfeggio

Some of you whine and complain about all those selfish illegals taking all the money you pay in taxes for themselves.  Boo hoo.

But the truth is that a great big chunk of your taxpayer dollars go to fight those unholy ILLEGAL wars that your leaders persist in fighting year after year after year.

You know that the Pentagon gets the bulk of your taxpayer dollars, and you know that that is one of the many reasons why people in America are not getting affordable medical care, and why so many people haven't got enough to eat.  As well, people are out of work because your beloved leaders (the CEOS and bankers) in their infinite wisdom have outsourced just about every industry over the years.

Your big problem is that your far right leaders think this austerity programme works, which it most certainly does not.  (Oh, well, it works for them, if course, and gives them extra billions, but it gives nothing to the rest of the country.)

Don't blame the Hispanics and Asians for your troubles.  You elected the people who have started the slide to banana republic status, not the illegals.

If taxpayer dollars really were equally shared, everybody would have what they need, with lots left over.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 11:42PM #68
Mlyons619

I really appreciate the compassion you show for OUR illegal aliens, considering your country seems have set some stern  income limitation on your's.

IOW do something about YOUR immigration issues before you try to tell us off about ours...

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 11:49PM #69
teilhard

An ACTIVITY may be "Illegal," but no PERSON is "Illegal" ...

SOME Immigrants are "Un-Documented," but those PERSONS are NOT "Illegal" ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 12:21AM #70
Mlyons619

Bullshirtt!!!

If they did not come over here LEGALLY, then they came over here ILLEGALLY.  That makes 'em ILLEGAL ALIENS...

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook