Page 5 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Obama bypasses Congress to declare "Amnesty" for 800,000 illegals
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 9:31PM #41
TENAC

Jun 16, 2012 -- 9:18PM, withwonderingawe wrote:

Solfeggio; Whatever happened to 'give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free'?

Hey we don’t mind that they come we just want them to sign the registry and get their shots as they come in the door just as our forefathers did.

I was listening to some of the commentary people on Fox this morning and one of them pointed out that this maybe worse for them for they still remain in limbo without green cards and unable to work.

Rubio’s plan will make them legal and give them a path to citizenship.

Exactly

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 10:21PM #42
teilhard

President O'Bama's well-conceived Immigration Reform Plan was deep-sixed by The GOP in Congress ... This is especially GALLING since Barack Hussein O'Bama is himself an Immigrant from Ireland by Way of Kenya ...

Jun 16, 2012 -- 9:31PM, TENAC wrote:

Jun 16, 2012 -- 9:18PM, withwonderingawe wrote:

Solfeggio; Whatever happened to 'give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free'?

Hey we don’t mind that they come we just want them to sign the registry and get their shots as they come in the door just as our forefathers did.

I was listening to some of the commentary people on Fox this morning and one of them pointed out that this maybe worse for them for they still remain in limbo without green cards and unable to work.

Rubio’s plan will make them legal and give them a path to citizenship.

Exactly

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 12:10AM #43
Mlyons619

Why is it a "well conceived" immigration reform plan FAILs to address the ongong influx of illegals, or to improve border enforcement while including some sort of amnesty?

A TRULY well-conceived plan will:

(1) ENFORCE OUR BORDERS

(2) STOP ILLEGALS FROM ACCESSING TAXPAYER-FUNDED SOCIAL SERVICES

(3) SANCTION EMPLOYERS FROM KNOWINGLY HIRING ILLEGALS

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 12:19PM #44
catboxer

It's worth noting that on CBS's Face the Nation this morning, Mittens refused to commit to repealing Obama's immigration order.

Sounds like he had his tap shoes on.

news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romney-face-...

So it sounds like this order has traction.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 12:33PM #45
Armwar

I am in favor of this order, and I am glad to hear Rubio is also.  BTW, Romney's equivocation may imply some consideration of Rubio as his running mate.  Rubio is by far my favorite for #2.  I am really very, very happy with Romney as the leader of the Republican party.  He seems fiscally conservative, which is what our country needs, but more moderate socially, which is mandatory, as many Republicans are stubbornly backwards, frankly, when it comes to being compassionate towards minorities, Gays, etc., positions which are anachronistic and inhumane.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 1:34PM #46
arielg

Jun 17, 2012 -- 12:10AM, Mlyons619 wrote:

Why is it a "well conceived" immigration reform plan FAILs to address the ongong influx of illegals, or to improve border enforcement while including some sort of amnesty?

A TRULY well-conceived plan will:

A TRULY well-conceived plan exists only in the imagination of the one who conceives it

(1) ENFORCE OUR BORDERS

There are more illegals leaving the US than coming in. The best BORDER is the economic situation.

More illegals pay into a fund they will never have access to than use public services. A TRULY well-conceive plan should be based on reality, not the repetition of umproven cliches.

Yeah, I am sure there are lots of people waiting to take the jobs illegals do.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 2:56PM #47
Mlyons619

Jun 17, 2012 -- 1:34PM, arielg wrote:

(1) ENFORCE OUR BORDERS

There are more illegals leaving the US than coming in. The best BORDER is the economic situation.

Really?  You want to provide a link for that?

Illegals will stop coming when (1) Employers quit hiring them and (2) They are no longer able to access "free" public services.

More illegals pay into a fund they will never have access to than use public services. A TRULY well-conceive plan should be based on reality, not the repetition of umproven cliches.

Really?  Is that why ERs all over the Southwest are closing?  Is that why education funding has DECREASED despite the INCREASE in school population.  Illegals pay into this secret fund?  I'd really like to see you prove THAT.

Absolutely.  Landscaping.  Caregiver.  Custodial.  Maid.  Unskilled contruction.  All paid BELOW minimum wage, and "below the table," so no payroll tax for the employer to worry about.  Why else would an employer want to hire an illegal? 

IOW certain businesses are promoting a permanent sub-class in the US, and you are OKAY with that? 

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 3:46PM #48
Mlyons619

Another view of Obama's "Legislating by Executive Order"

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 3:53PM #49
teilhard

IOW, Corporate CORRUPTION is THE Problem ...

Jun 17, 2012 -- 2:56PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

Jun 17, 2012 -- 1:34PM, arielg wrote:

(1) ENFORCE OUR BORDERS

Really?  You want to provide a link for that?

Illegals will stop coming when (1) Employers quit hiring them and (2) They are no longer able to access "free" public services.

Really?  Is that why ERs all over the Southwest are closing?  Is that why education funding has DECREASED despite the INCREASE in school population.  Illegals pay into this secret fund?  I'd really like to see you prove THAT.

Absolutely.  Landscaping.  Caregiver.  Custodial.  Maid.  Unskilled contruction.  All paid BELOW minimum wage, and "below the table," so no payroll tax for the employer to worry about.  Why else would an employer want to hire an illegal? 

IOW certain businesses are promoting a permanent sub-class in the US, and you are OKAY with that? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 4:08PM #50
Mlyons619

Yup.

In many cases, yes.  Same folks who export jobs to Mexico, hire illegals and pay 'em "under the table to avoid the payroll tax.

If one had to keep payroll tax for illegals and pay them minimum wage, there would be no incentive to hire illegals.

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook