Page 4 of 14  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Obama bypasses Congress to declare "Amnesty" for 800,000 illegals
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 7:16PM #31
amcolph

Jun 16, 2012 -- 4:57PM, Bodean wrote:

Yes .. I can't wait to read your post when they try to secede, and return the land back to Mexico.

LOL!  You're just jealous because you guys tried it once and lost.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 7:48PM #32
teilhard

U. S. Guv'Mint Treaty Obligations to Native American Nations and Tribes is a DIFFERENT Question ...

Jun 16, 2012 -- 7:05PM, TENAC wrote:

Jun 16, 2012 -- 2:52PM, teilhard wrote:

History MOVES in a Direction ...

During The War of American Imperial Expansion of 1846-48, The United States of America seized about HALF of The Territory of Mexico ...

At now an accelerating Pace, The People of Mexico are slowly-surely taking BACK their Territory by PEACEFUL means -- Immigration -- and there's not much that be DONE about it ...

Yes .. I can't wait to read your post when they try to secede, and return the land back to Mexico.

Will you support the Federal Governments agression to keep its land, .... or will you support the secessionist?? .. citing it was their land before it was the US's land?  Equal rights ... social justice ... and all that jazz.

No, no, no......

The seminoles will reclaim Florida, the Cherokee and Woodland much of the southeast.  We shall return to Englans and Black Americans to Africa.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 8:13PM #33
TENAC

Jun 16, 2012 -- 7:48PM, teilhard wrote:

U. S. Guv'Mint Treaty Obligations to Native American Nations and Tribes is a DIFFERENT Question ...

Jun 16, 2012 -- 7:05PM, TENAC wrote:

Jun 16, 2012 -- 2:52PM, teilhard wrote:

History MOVES in a Direction ...

During The War of American Imperial Expansion of 1846-48, The United States of America seized about HALF of The Territory of Mexico ...

At now an accelerating Pace, The People of Mexico are slowly-surely taking BACK their Territory by PEACEFUL means -- Immigration -- and there's not much that be DONE about it ...

Will you support the Federal Governments agression to keep its land, .... or will you support the secessionist?? .. citing it was their land before it was the US's land?  Equal rights ... social justice ... and all that jazz.

No, no, no......

The seminoles will reclaim Florida, the Cherokee and Woodland much of the southeast.  We shall return to Englans and Black Americans to Africa.

We paid the $25 for Manhatten.....

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 8:28PM #34
catboxer

Jun 16, 2012 -- 8:13PM, TENAC wrote:

We paid the $25 for Manhatten.....

Oh, gloat gloat. How very un-PC.

For that I'm reporting you to the "authorities" (you know who I mean), and will suggest to them that you be made to work for a month in Michelle Obama's organic White House garden of enforced communistic healthiness.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 8:29PM #35
TENAC

If this were a repub president, the left would be screamin' for impeachment.

Obama's policy strategy: Ignore laws...

WASHPOST: Young illegal aliens' amnesty to tighten competition for jobs, college...

'Are We in Revolutionary Times?'

Unchecked presidential power?

Moderated by Merope on Jun 17, 2012 - 01:41AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 8:39PM #36
catboxer

Jun 16, 2012 -- 5:30PM, Find1Answer wrote:

so all those young hispanics that are affected by this proposal are being bribed with a green card in order to vote for Obama?      Only U.S. citizens can vote in a federal election.    Registering or voting will result in deportation and kill any paperwork started for citizenship.

www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem...

True, those most affected, unintentional illegales, won't vote for Obama, but others in their communities, will do so. And the recent presidential action will influence the voting.

And that's a good thing. It's building a constituency among people, not Goldman-Sachs.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 8:49PM #37
solfeggio

Even though it is obviously a political move by the president to garner Hispanic votes, I still say good for him.  But the people better enjoy it whilst they can, because if and when Romney is elected, one of his first acts will be to rescind the measure.

Considering that the ancestors of every single American (other than the indigenous people, of course, and even they came to North America over a land bridge from Asia 11,000 years ago) living today came into the country in the last hundred or so years as aliens - legal or illegal - from some other country, I always find it astounding that so many Americans bitch and scream about 'illegals' coming into the so-called 'land of the free.'

Whatever happened to 'give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free'?

And this, when you realise that the Hispanic population of the U.S. is over 50 million, and the latest figures show that there are more minority (black and Hispanic) babies being born in the U.S. than white babies.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 9:15PM #38
TENAC

"Beyond the pandering, beyond the politics, beyond the process is simple constitutional decency. This is out-and-out lawlessness. You had a clip of the president himself say months ago 'I cannot do this on my own because there are laws on the books.' Well, I have news for the president: The laws remain on the books, they haven't changed," syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer said on "FOX News" tonight.

"He proposed the DREAM Act of which the executive order is a variation. He proposed a DREAM Act. The Congress said no. The Congress is the one who makes the laws. What the administration does is it administers law. And in fact, what it's pretending to do is to use discretion, that's what the Homeland Security Secretary said," Dr. Krauthammer said.

"This is not discretion," he said. "Discretion is when you treat it on a one-by-one basis on the grounds of extenuating circumstances. This is the declaration of a whole new set of criteria, which is essentially resurrecting the legislation that the Congress has said no to." 

I will tell you the really bad thing about the reign of this president.

When the pendulum swings the other way, when he is out of power and if the repubs come into power, and use the 51 vote majority rule (slide laws in under reconciliation), when they begin to rule by fiat

you (the left on this board) will scream and jump up and down

and I will be there with you

we are losing it.

Little by little we are losing respect more and more on an ever escalating pace of our governing instituions.  Congress is held on the same or lower level than used car salemen, and I apologize to used car salemen everywhere.

The office of the president.

We went from a president who wouldnt take off his suitcoat in the oval office out of respect for it, to a president who had an affair in it, to president who totally holds the Constitution in contempt.

Our country is out of orbit.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 9:18PM #39
withwonderingawe

Solfeggio; Whatever happened to 'give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free'?

Hey we don’t mind that they come we just want them to sign the registry and get their shots as they come in the door just as our forefathers did.

I was listening to some of the commentary people on Fox this morning and one of them pointed out that this maybe worse for them for they still remain in limbo without green cards and unable to work.

Rubio’s plan will make them legal and give them a path to citizenship.

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 9:22PM #40
catboxer

Jun 16, 2012 -- 8:49PM, solfeggio wrote:

Even though it is obviously a political move by the president to garner Hispanic votes, I still say good for him.  But the people better enjoy it whilst they can, because if and when Romney is elected, one of his first acts will be to rescind the measure.

Actually, his very first act will be to unzip his human skin.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 14  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook