Switch to Forum Live View New Trade Agreement
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 7:48PM #1
ted08721
 It does not look good for us, what is happening to our country?

www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/the_trans-...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 10:40PM #2
rangerken

While this is indeed alarming, Ted...and typical of what Obama would like to sneak throuugh...fortunately no treaty has any force without the approval of the Senate. And I seriously doubt that eveen the Democrat controlled senate would even think about approving this piece of nonsense.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 7:23AM #3
arielg

Globalization means that petty nationalistic  divisions give way to more inclusive and universal trade rules and guidelines. 

Countries cannot  reap the benefits of global trade and keep their tribalistic sovereignities.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 8:38AM #4
CharikIeia

Jun 15, 2012 -- 7:23AM, arielg wrote:

Globalization means that petty nationalistic  divisions give way to more inclusive and universal trade rules and guidelines. 

Countries cannot  reap the benefits of global trade and keep their tribalistic sovereignities.

It's irritating to have to explain this simple fact to avowed capitalists, isn't it?

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 8:39AM #5
ted08721

Jun 14, 2012 -- 10:40PM, rangerken wrote:

While this is indeed alarming, Ted...and typical of what Obama would like to sneak throuugh...fortunately no treaty has any force without the approval of the Senate. And I seriously doubt that eveen the Democrat controlled senate would even think about approving this piece of nonsense.

Ken

Well considering congress is owned by the corporations I wouldn't be surprised if they do rubber stamp it, I would be more surprised if they didn't.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 9:13AM #6
Bodean

Jun 14, 2012 -- 7:48PM, ted08721 wrote:

It does not look good for us, what is happening to our country?

www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/the_trans-...

Wow .. Ted .. we agree on something.

I tend to agree with Ken .... this will never make it through the Senate.  In fact, I expect it will go down 100%.  I don't think Liberals or Conservatives like this.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 12:00PM #7
loveontheair

Jun 15, 2012 -- 8:38AM, CharikIeia wrote:

It's irritating to have to explain this simple fact to avowed capitalists, isn't it?

Hello,

Char...

Let me shovel some hyperbole your way:

I for one do not want anything to do with Europe or Globalization. This liberalization is corrupting the Financial institutions throughout Europe. America stands alone and the leader in this cesspool and as one country goes down it takes another with it. Reminds me of some pot-heads sitting around taking bong hits dreaming up how to control the world--and weaken America. Please explain your views to North Koreans.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 12:03PM #8
rangerken

Ariel and Chari, since I'm both a nationalist and a capitalist I obviously don't agree with either of you Laughing. However, I do recognize that a lot of people who desire a one, world giovernment do agree with both of you.

Fortunately, as I said earlier, I'm sure our senate will not agree witth this 'plot'.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 1:39PM #9
Nepenthe

No, it does not have to mean that.  Not at all.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook