Switch to Forum Live View HBO: Bush's head on a stick
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 12:57PM #1
Ironhold

Sharp-eyed viewers noted that one of the many severed heads that kept being shown in HBO's adaptation of "Game of Thrones" was actually that of G. W. Bush with a wig thrown on top.

Both HBO and the show's producers are claiming that they merely rented assorted body parts as props for the various scenes in which deaths and dismemberments are shown, and that apparently nobody noticed just whose head was on display until complaints started rolling in.

Anyone else thinking that someone actually did mean something? Like perhaps one of the prop guys or someone at the prop rental facility?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 1:10PM #2
nnsecu

Using W's head is just good clean fun, however if they had used an Obama head it would have been a clear sign of racism.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 1:27PM #3
TENAC

This type of campaigning is going to work against obama.

Carry on HBO.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 4:14PM #4
Druac

ROFLMAO...HBO is one of my favorite content providers...much more so than ANY network TV. GO HBO!

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 4:42PM #5
loveontheair

Hello,

On purpose and intentional. Another reason why I fast and abstain from TV. This is right up there with MSNBC and CNN. What if it was POTUS' head? All hell would break loose.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 5:45PM #6
mecdukebec

Jun 14, 2012 -- 4:14PM, Druac wrote:

ROFLMAO...HBO is one of my favorite content providers...much more so than ANY network TV. GO HBO!

HBO does some fairly artistic, and intellectual shows.  I can see why it would not go well in Wingoland.  "Taking Chance," with Kevin Bacon, resonates to my experiences.  

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 8:26PM #7
stitch813

I'm gonna surprise you all but I think it's disgusting.  It's not funny, it's not entertaining, it's down right ugly.  Shouldn't be done for any living anything and shown on television. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 5:24PM #8
Hatman

Jun 14, 2012 -- 12:57PM, Ironhold wrote:

Sharp-eyed viewers noted that one of the many severed heads that kept being shown in HBO's adaptation of "Game of Thrones" was actually that of G. W. Bush with a wig thrown on top.

Both HBO and the show's producers are claiming that they merely rented assorted body parts as props for the various scenes in which deaths and dismemberments are shown, and that apparently nobody noticed just whose head was on display until complaints started rolling in.

Anyone else thinking that someone actually did mean something? Like perhaps one of the prop guys or someone at the prop rental facility?

Sic Semper Tyrannis comes to mind...even only if in effigy, Bush's figurative beheading and display brings to mind, once again, that the international criminal court will arrest his oathbreaking, criminal behind for war crimes if he ventures into the wrong country.

Not in favor of beheading as a punishment, though i think that a VERY heavy fine(NOT to go to the US Treasury, but earmarked for his victims[if still alive; their families, if not] in foreign lands as well as here at home) followed by, say, 30 years at hard labor ougtta help a lot of people's families heal, both here and in countries the US had no business in.

In fact, i'd certainly favor an Israeli commando-style Nazi kidnapping-type of "extradition," too.

With goodwill to all the People(save oathbreaking, vile, despicable criminal-types)-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 5:43PM #9
catboxer

All I have to say about any of this is "Impeach Earl Warren." That, and get the US out of the UN. We don't need some coven of internationalist grannies sniveling about poverty and compromising our sovereignty.

But first impeach Earl Warren. Then bring me his head. On a stick.

And just one more thing: if those godless, atheistic, communist reds over there in red Russia think we're going to sit still and lose Egypt to a bunch of Muslim fundamentalist hillbilly snake handlers, they ought to think again.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook