Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Women don't belong in Ranger School
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 8:15PM #41
REteach

Jun 22, 2012 -- 2:30PM, amcolph wrote:

Jun 22, 2012 -- 1:48PM, Roodog wrote:

I do not like the idea of endangering women by sending them into combat or combat support roles such as flying troops and supplies in a war zone.

However, if the full equality for women aspired for by feminists is to be achieved, women are going to have to pay for it with own blood.

Presumably, then, you don't approve of endangering men in that way either, right?

Good point.  Possession of a penis doesn't suddenly make one better cannon fodder.  Families love sons

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 12:53AM #42
Roodog

I do not like the idea of endangering women by sending them into combat or combat support roles such as flying troops and supplies in a war zone.

However, if the full equality for women aspired for by feminists is to be achieved, women are going to have to pay for it with own blood.

Presumably, then, you don't approve of endangering men in that way either, right?

I had joined the Army, therefore, I willingly chose to take such risks.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 8:36AM #43
amcolph

Jun 23, 2012 -- 12:53AM, Roodog wrote:

So why not allow women to make the same choice?

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 4:44PM #44
Roodog

Jun 23, 2012 -- 8:36AM, amcolph wrote:

So why not allow women to make the same choice?

I had not said that they shouldn't. I merely said I disliked the idea which is strictly a preference.

My point was that if women are to become full equals in a martial society, then they have to take all the risks that men have to take. Furthermore, women will have to be able to endure the tough infantry training that Ranger School encompasses.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 6:26PM #45
REteach

I work with a female pediatrician who is currently in the USNR.  Her opinion is that the purpose of the military is to be able to run up a hill, shoot a gun at somebody, and run down the hill again.  She thinks if you are physically or mentally incapable of this, even as a female pediatrician, you shouldn't join the military.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 6:28PM #46
davelaw40

I would say kill people and break things.

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 9:47PM #47
Roodog

Jun 23, 2012 -- 6:26PM, REteach wrote:

I work with a female pediatrician who is currently in the USNR.  Her opinion is that the purpose of the military is to be able to run up a hill, shoot a gun at somebody, and run down the hill again.  She thinks if you are physically or mentally incapable of this, even as a female pediatrician, you shouldn't join the military.  

The military is absolutely no place for a pacifist at all. In fact, Government is no place for a pacifist. Governance is force and coercion. If you are not willing to impose Government policy onto the individual, stay the hell out of Goverment work.

The context of the thread is women in Ranger school which is infantry training. It is among  the most rigorous physical and mental training in the US miltary.

St. Thomas Aquinas

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook