Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Both Sides Now......
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 1:45PM #11
Miraj

It's clear that I'm not the one with the tin ear, Rocky.  When the complaint is about how "your side" can't always get good press or exclusive press due to biased reporting, but to continue to support biased reporting for others is an excellent indicator of "tin ear".  Applying that kind of logic, well, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.  Such complaints surely ring hollow.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 1:53PM #12
rocketjsquirell

And since the tin ears still are not repaired . . .

And next on the European Hypocrisy and Obvious Bias Hit Parade  . . .

(please note, in the interests of full disclosure this story is coming to you courtesy of an Israeli newspaper with a conservative slant)

Settlements Trump Syria and Iran as Top Mideast Issue, Says EU
What is the most “urgent” problem in the Middle East? Not Iran and not Syria, according to the European Union. It is the “settlements.”
By Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

The expansion of Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria is the most “urgent” problem in the Mideast, according to European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton.

She said in a debate on the Middle East at the European Parliament plenary session in Strasbourg this week that ending the Palestinian Authority-Israeli disagreement regarding sovereignty over Judea and Samaria remains a “key priority and fundamental to EU interest.”  
. . .
full article:
www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.asp...

How many people here think that stopping infill building in Jewish towns in Judea and Samaria is more important than stopping the killing in Syria or stopping Iran from getting a nuke?  Anyone?  The EU does. would anyone like to explain why that is? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 2:00PM #13
Miraj

Jun 13, 2012 -- 1:53PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

And since the tin ears still are not repaired . . .

Poster, heal thyself.  Complaining about bias while demonstrating how you want bias toward someone else is wack, bro.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 4:20PM #14
LeahOne

So what're you saying about the 'news coverage' by SANA on the Golan wildfire, Miraj?

Do you think it's a 'minor detail' whether the fire was deliberately set or started accidentally?

If so, what is the important part of the story?  

NB:  I'm not trying to 'pick on' you, it's just that you seemed - excuse me if I'm mistaken! - to think neither article had 'bias'.  I'm trying to get clarification here.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook