Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Shame: female soldier more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 10:27AM #11
johndavid23

Jun 13, 2012 -- 5:30AM, Fodaoson wrote:

Just as an aside, more soldiers and veterans have died in accidents in the last decade than as a result of enemy. 

Isn't that a penetrating comment on the stupidity of the US military - "accident prone", their own enemy.  That's just what taxpayers love to hear that their money/economy is being ruined/wasted for.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 10:45AM #12
Fodaoson

Jun 15, 2012 -- 10:27AM, johndavid23 wrote:

Just as an aside, more soldiers and veterans have died in accidents in the last decade than as a result of enemy. 

Isn't that a penetrating comment on the stupidity of the US military - "accident prone", their own enemy.  That's just what taxpayers love to hear that their money/economy is being ruined/wasted for.

It not the Military, it is the Hi-ways and streets of American cities.   Just as a reminder , a veteran is not in the military but WAS, and soldiers live and travel off post most of the time

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 11:52AM #13
loveontheair

What a bunch of nonsense posts!  Of course a female soldier is “RAPED” more often by peers than by enemy. She is around the peers more and when around the enemy they are more likely to see an enemy soldier and be trying to kill the enemy soldiers. All rapes are more likely to be perpetrated by someone who knows the victim.   Just as an aside, more soldiers and veterans have died in accidents in the last decade than as a result of enemy. 

Hello,

+1

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 12:05PM #14
rangerken

Fodaoson is, as he so often is, 100% right in his posts.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 1:08PM #15
REteach

I think, personally, this is a guy thing.  Most men do have self control. I think it would be nice if there was  more peer shaming by men.  The rapists give all of you a bad rep, unfortunately. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 2:02PM #16
Nepenthe

What a bunch of nonsense posts!  Of course a female soldier is “RAPED” more often by peers than by enemy. She is around the peers more and when around the enemy they are more likely to see an enemy soldier and be trying to kill the enemy soldiers. All rapes are more likely to be perpetrated by someone who knows the victim.   Just as an aside, more soldiers and veterans have died in accidents in the last decade than as a result of enemy. 

I am not sure what you are talking about here Fod; Peer rape versus Enemy rape is not the premise of this thread.

THe premise of this thread and the OP is that a female Soldier has a greater chance of being raped by a fellow Soldier than they do of being killed by an enemy.  In essence:

Chance of being peer raped > chance of being killed by enemy

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 9:16PM #17
Fodaoson

Jun 15, 2012 -- 2:02PM, Nepenthe wrote:

I am not sure what you are talking about here Fod; Peer rape versus Enemy rape is not the premise of this thread.

THe premise of this thread and the OP is that a female Soldier has a greater chance of being raped by a fellow Soldier than they do of being killed by an enemy.  In essence:

Chance of being peer raped > chance of being killed by enemy

Just commenting  and posting thoughts about the Total subject of combat situation behaviors.  Had to deal with them for many years..  

A male soldier in the U S. Military is more likely to be criminally assaulted while in the US  than being killed in Combat while  in Afghanistan .In Afghanistan Females are not in combat MOS/AFSCs/Ratings , They do leave live among Male soldiers who  do experience combat and  are aggressive. Combat increases the production of male hormones  as a response to danger and those hormone can influence post combat  feelings.   Islam  does not produce   many prostitutes and this war and Iraq are the first American wars that has not produced numbers   brothels close to American camps  and is not producing “war brides”    Vietnam produced 100,000 American-Vietnamese children and thousands of war brides, as did Korea and WWII in Europe
Occupied  Japan produced  thousands of war brides. 

Yes rape is a problem but probably not just in Afghanistan and the social  reasons are myriad.        

edited 6/17

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 11:29AM #18
Unworthyone

And to add to the shame, the House Republicans are working hard to prevent military rape victims from accessing abortion.

So much for supporting our troops.

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 9:00AM #19
Girlchristian

Jun 16, 2012 -- 11:29AM, Unworthyone wrote:

And to add to the shame, the House Republicans are working hard to prevent military rape victims from accessing abortion.

While I disagree with some Republicans on this (from your article not all Republicans oppose the measure), your post is dishonest. The women can access and have abortions. The Republicans are opposing a measure that would allow them to do so using their military insurance (which btw would also allow military dependents to do so) because its tax funded and the Hyde Amendment specifically bars tax payer money from funding abortions.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 9:21AM #20
Unworthyone

Jun 17, 2012 -- 9:00AM, Girlchristian wrote:

Jun 16, 2012 -- 11:29AM, Unworthyone wrote:

While I disagree with some Republicans on this (from your article not all Republicans oppose the measure), your post is dishonest. The women can access and have abortions. The Republicans are opposing a measure that would allow them to do so using their military insurance (which btw would also allow military dependents to do so) because its tax funded and the Hyde Amendment specifically bars tax payer money from funding abortions.

Dishonest? Not at all.

The DoD restrictions are different than the Hyde amendment.  Read the article.

The majority of House Republicans oppose this measure that would specifically allow an exception in the case of rape.  They do not want this exception.  Now, if her fellow soldier simply beats her to a pulp, they are happy to allow her medical attention.  But if he rapes her, she is on her own.  And if she happens to be in a remote post without private medical care available, so much the better.

If a woman in the military winds up having a child as a result of rape from another soldier and it is a son,  I hope she names him Eric Cantor, Jr..  After all, he is as much responsible as anyone.

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook