Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Green is the New McCarthy
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 10:30AM #1
Bodean
wattsupwiththat.com/2012/06/11/climate-s...

It seems that if you are not on board the CAGW story ... you'll lose your job.

This is the second professor fired or pushed out of OSU for not supporting the CAGW story.   

Funny how Leftist engage in the very behavior they mock, that was used against them in the mid 20th century.  Whether you believe CAGW or not, personal position on a controversial subject is no grounds for firing professors.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 11:11AM #2
Unworthyone

I find this story highly suspect.

First, the university is not at liberty to publicly discuss personnel issues  To do so opens them up to litigation.  Therefore, we are only getting one side of the story.  He claims he was given "no warning" and states he was given "no reason" for his dismissal.  Nevertheless, he concludes it is because of his skeptical approach to climate change issues that he was dismissed.

It is just as likely that he was caught boinking the freshman granddaughter of a major alumnus donor that got him canned. 

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 11:50AM #3
catboxer

Fulks was an academic advisor to the Cascade Policy Institute, an Oregon-based libertarian think tank, funded by (among others) the Chicago-based Sam Adams Alliance, which in turn gets its money from the Claude R. Lambe Foundation. Charles Koch sits on the board of that foundation.

Whenever one of these oil industry whores starts trotting out the "global warming is a hoax" routine, keep your hand on your wallet, and look for the money trail.

There's not a reason in the world why OSU needs to give equal time to bought spokesmen for the flat earth society.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 1:13PM #4
teilhard

Yes ...

A Devotee of "Flat Earth 'Theory'" likely will NOT receive a Tenured Full Professorship in a University or College Astronomy Department ...

That's a GOOD Thing ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 2:12PM #5
CharikIeia

Jun 12, 2012 -- 10:30AM, Bodean wrote:

This is the second professor fired or pushed out of OSU for not supporting the CAGW story.   

OSU, being one of the three largest universities in the USA, and being tax-funded, has a very high staff turnover rate. By mere chance, you'll find the occasional AGW denying nutcase among them, who of course (because conspiracy theory addict) suspects that his "courageous stance displeasing shadowy higher powers" was behind losing his job, and not sheer own ineptitude coupled with economically hard times...

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 3:56PM #6
MMarcoe

I don't know anything about this case, but I do know that profs in positions like these are usually fired because their science is very sloppy. Like with creationists.

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 6:48PM #7
teilhard

Bingo ...

Jun 13, 2012 -- 3:56PM, MMarcoe wrote:

I don't know anything about this case, but I do know that profs in positions like these are usually fired because their science is very sloppy. Like with creationists.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 11:27PM #8
Bodean

And while you guys make excuses .... you obviously support this new form of McCarthism.

Good ol Left .... "the means justifies the end".

Pathetic ... I mean really ... pathetic.

Even I, and avowed social conservative stop short of blaming Obama for our economic woes, simply because I realized a long time ago, when leftist were blaming Bush and rightist were blaming Clinton, and as Obama is now, that PRESIDENTS don't have much power over the economy.

The Left can't bring itself to seek the truth for any reason.  That's really sad.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 11:30PM #9
teilhard

Nope ...

It's about GOOD "Science" vs. "Junk 'Science'" ...

Jun 13, 2012 -- 11:27PM, Bodean wrote:

And while you guys make excuses .... you obviously support this new form of McCarthism.

Even I, and avowed social conservative stop short of blaming Obama for our economic woes, simply because I realized a long time ago, when leftist were blaming Bush and rightist were blaming Clinton, and as Obama is now, that PRESIDENTS don't have much power over the economy.

The Left can't bring itself to seek the truth for any reason.  That's really sad.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 11:33PM #10
Bodean

FIFY ... again

Jun 13, 2012 -- 11:30PM, teilhard wrote:

Nope ...

It's about POLITICL ACTIVISM" ...

Jun 13, 2012 -- 11:27PM, Bodean wrote:

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook