Switch to Forum Live View 'Fatah has secret bank account in Jordan'
2 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2012 - 6:30PM #1
rocketjsquirell
I know everyone will be shocked by this. I suppose that there are a number of different ways you could look at this: you could say it is corruption, you could say it is selective diversification, you could say that it is a slush fund, etc... I think I will call it an unexpected investment in the Jordanian economy.

'Fatah has secret bank account in Jordan'
By KHALED ABU TOAMEH
06/09/2012 19:39
Former Arafat advisor reveals that he has all necessary documents to prove existence of account with $39 million.

Yasser Arafat's former financial advisor, Mohammed Rashid, revealed over the weekend that Fatah has a secret bank account in Jordan with $39 million.

Rashid said that the original sum was $44 million, but dropped after the Fatah leadership spent $5 million on the faction's sixth annual conference.
. . .

"According to my documents, $13 million came for the US, while the remaining sum came from  friendly Arab countries," Rashid said. He challenged Abbas to deny the existence of the account, saying he would then reveal the identity of the two associates and the name of the bank and the Arab countries that deposited the money.

Rashid pointed out that Abbas had long been denying the existence of such a bank account for Fatah.
. . .
full article
www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id...
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook