Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Fred Karger for President
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 6:56PM #11
Armwar

Would you vote for a Gay person if you disagreed with his or her positions?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 6:57PM #12
Armwar

I'm going to say that I actually would, as the greater good...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 7:06PM #13
Armwar

news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gay-republic...

Ariel G...what are you saying?  In what way does this candidate offend you, if that is the right word?  I would love to hear an elaboration from you

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 7:42PM #14
arielg

Jun 13, 2012 -- 7:06PM, Armwar wrote:

Ariel G...what are you saying?  In what way does this candidate offend you, if that is the right word?  I would love to hear an elaboration from you

One's sexuality is a private affair.  He is running for public office. He seems to have an agenda about things related to his sexuality. That is why I say he is hung up on his sexuality. I don't care about his activism or preferences.   I would rather have someone whose mind is on more general  issues. That is all.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 2:52AM #15
Find1Answer

Jun 10, 2012 -- 7:04PM, mecdukebec wrote:

"Karger Karks Mitt's Mittens in Vanillaland, Utah."  The Wingopossibilities are endless, in the Primary Wingobytes, this election cycle.

Karger made a trip to Utah and got his hat handed to him.

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced.
That's why when people lose their sense of humor, their sense of self-importance is enhanced..
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 12:41PM #16
Armwar

One's sexuality should be a private matter, but when there are discriminatory laws, and outright discrimation based upon one's sexual orientation, then it becomes necessary to be open about it.  It is naive to think that it should be kept confidential.  Politics these days must include gender and race topics.

So what if he got discriminated against in Utah?  There will be no progress unless these prejudiced ideas are held up to the light of day.  Would you have put up the same post concerning MLK's visit to Mississippi? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 1:21PM #17
Find1Answer

Jun 17, 2012 -- 12:41PM, Armwar wrote:

One's sexuality should be a private matter, but when there are discriminatory laws, and outright discrimation based upon one's sexual orientation, then it becomes necessary to be open about it.  It is naive to think that it should be kept confidential.  Politics these days must include gender and race topics.

So what if he got discriminated against in Utah?  There will be no progress unless these prejudiced ideas are held up to the light of day.  Would you have put up the same post concerning MLK's visit to Mississippi? 

I agree that there will be no progress unless these prejudiced ideas are held up to the light of day and I think that linking to Mrs. Billing's email (especially tagging on to Mec's Utah vanillaville post)  is a good dose of sunlight.    She opened herself up for all the world to see with that silly email.       in that context if I came across an article that illustrated prejudicial treatment to MLK visit to Mississippi I would post that too.       I do not agree with Mrs. Billings and think she is an idiot.    her husband is probably a developer. 

That's why when people lose their sense of humor, their sense of self-importance is enhanced..
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 4:18PM #18
Armwar

I was speaking to ariel G whose views I often do not understand and rarely share.  Homophobia is present in many of the world's religions, sadly, especially many of the Abrahimic, and though they speak with the tongues of angels (or on the behalf of angels, which is arrogant enough) and have not love...etc. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 5:03PM #19
mecdukebec

Jun 14, 2012 -- 2:52AM, Find1Answer wrote:

Jun 10, 2012 -- 7:04PM, mecdukebec wrote:

"Karger Karks Mitt's Mittens in Vanillaland, Utah."  The Wingopossibilities are endless, in the Primary Wingobytes, this election cycle.

Karger made a trip to Utah and got his hat handed to him.

Right-wing Wingos in UT:  That's like nuts in a nut factory. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 11:39PM #20
Find1Answer

Jun 17, 2012 -- 4:18PM, Armwar wrote:

I was speaking to ariel G whose views I often do not understand and rarely share.  Homophobia is present in many of the world's religions, sadly, especially many of the Abrahimic, and though they speak with the tongues of angels (or on the behalf of angels, which is arrogant enough) and have not love...etc. 

I can see where you were replying to Arielg in the first paragraph. but the second paragraph addresses my post and I only mention it because apparently the Sister Billings story has been picked up nationally.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook