Switch to Forum Live View Could it be? Is Assad losing Damascus?
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 8:21PM #1
LeahOne
www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2012/06/...

Watch the video.....  it's very interesting.  Of course nothing can be verified as of now...... 
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 11:25PM #2
Amin21

Unfortunately

Kafr Sousa is more of a suburb and has seen a lot of clashes...

Midan protests but has never been outside of government control.

Both are mostly Sunni areas...

Mezzeh clashes this weekend were new two months ago and renewed this weekend

This is in the center of Damascus.

Mezzeh protests are the most promising.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 11:42PM #3
LeahOne

The fact that so many 'ordinary' people are willing to risk their lives just to organize and participate in these protest rallies - which seem to  be non-violent - suggests to me that things are very very very wrong inside Syria.  And that what's wrong inside Syria is coming from inside Syria - from the Baathist 'government'.

It seems very obvious to me that this Syrian 'opposition' is every bit as 'grass roots' a phenomenon as the protests in Egypt were. 

I am saddened and dismayed by the behavior of the few posters here who seem to be finding excuses to support Assad's tyrrany and human rights violations against his own citizenry. 

The level of 'sectarianism' within Syrian society  is shocking to me:  how can one ethnic group be 'worthy' of government protection and another not?   There seems far more 'racism' inside Syria than so many other troubled nations.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 11:55PM #4
Amin21

Indeed... how can one group be worthy of medicine, hospital access, propane and kerosine... for cooking, heating and staying healthy/alive... and another not?

How can one ethnic group be allowed freedom of movement and another afraid of getting shot or raped from the government at night?

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook