Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Switch to Forum Live View Economic doom and gloom?
3 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 1:10PM #61
loveontheair

Hello,

Again, my definition may be different but Progressive liberal means to me a *re-writing of History, not progress. My blue-dog Dem Parents despised Progressives. There are no more of these Dems. Secondly, There are reasons why many choose to not put their kids in Public schools and so go to private or home schools. Thirdly, outside of Bnet, most liberals I have come across to include my liberal friends have been racist and anti-Semitic. My father (may he rest in peace) was one.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2012 - 6:24AM #62
paeng

Jun 11, 2012 -- 8:36AM, Bodean wrote:

Sorry Paeng .. I don't consider you the judge of whether or not I'm "right" or "wrong".  There are no flaws in pure capitalism.  Pure Capitalism is what exists naturally.  The problem with "our version" of captialism is that it was highjacked by Liberals back after the Civil War, wherein the authority of Government was interjected into the free market to benefit special interests.

Liberals took advantage of the power vaccum after the war to implement all kinds of B.S. policy that ruined the ideal.  They set the stage for the Federal Reserve and later FDR, who were the true authors of distruction in this nation.

The manner by which government acted in favor of "special interests" IS the result of a capitalist system. And those were not "liberals" or any other nonsense you want to come up with, but people in financial power who used government in their favor. What? You were expecting another government to veto them or for government to act in favor of the populace? Don't be naive.

There's no "power vacuum" or similar nonsense. Those who "set the stage for the Federal Reserve" were industrialists and bankers. Meanwhile, citizens relied on the SAME industrialists, bankers, and government to prop up a middle class lifestyle. Where do you think you that easy credit and tax cuts came from?

Thus, what you see is the result of your "pure capitalist system," where those who have the gold make the rules, and use government and the military in their favor. Why didn't the citizens rebel? Because they were interested in playing along, which very much explains high home ownership, the use of homes as collateral to buy more consumer goods, 70 pct of the economy significantly dependent on consumer spending, 70 pct of workers in the service industry, and four decades of trade deficits amid cries of "We're No. 1"! And while the military was buying attacking one country after another in order to "defend freedom" and other propaganda garbage, and while Wall Street was busy making more money through financial speculation, citizens were busy buying more cars, houses, and consumer goods while gorging themselves on commercial mass entertainment.

And now that everything is falling apart due to heavy borrowing and spending by ALL sectors, they are now blaming each other.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2012 - 10:11AM #63
arielg

To make it more clear, add water to it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook