Switch to Forum Live View Maybe Romney's Best Comment So Far
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 8:05PM #1
TENAC
I think obama is losing it.  No one is happier than me.  He simply can no longer see reality.

What obama said:

It was just six words from a 29-minute news conference, but President Barack Obama's assertion that "the private sector is doing fine" looks primed to play a starring role in this already-fevered campaign season.

"The truth of the matter is that … we've created 4.3 million jobs over the last 27 months, over 800,000 just this year alone," he said in response to a question. "The private sector is doing fine. Where we're seeing weaknesses in our economy have to do with state and local government," which, he said, isn't getting the support it needs from Washington.

Romney's response:

Mr. Obama's Republican presidential challenger, Mitt Romney, called the comment "an extraordinary miscalculation and misunderstanding" by the president. "I think he's defining what it means to be detached and out of touch with the American people," Mr. Romney said at a campaign stop in Council Bluffs, Iowa.

Nicely played Mr. Romney.

LINK

Lets see,

Artur Davis
Bill Clinton
Cory Booker
and now
barrak obama

Whose left to speak on behalf of this administration?
Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 9:09PM #2
catboxer

Well, it's a lot less inflammatory than what he said right after Wisconsin.

“He (Obama) wants another stimulus, he wants to hire more government workers. He says we need more fireman, more policeman, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It’s time for us to cut back on government and help the American people.”

That's what he said; that's what the maaaaaaaaan said.

Oh, Willard, Willard, Willard. Do you really want to try to rally the troops with a battle cry of "fire the cops; fire the firemen; fire the teachers!"? Really? And is this your idea of "helping" the American people?

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 10:06PM #3
teilhard

Mitt also has said -- in Public -- that re: Schools and Education, "Class Size  DOESN'T  MATTER ... " ...

Sure ... How about ONE Teacher with a HUNDRED First Graders ... ???

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 12:35PM #4
Unworthyone

Yeah, Obama's out of touch.  Private sector job growth during his tenure has been dismal.  We should go back to the policies of GW Bush, because his policies are so clearly much better.

Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.”
― Garrison Keillor

A friend is someone who will help you move.  A great friend is someone who will help you move - a body!
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 12:39PM #5
teilhard

Facts are important, aren't they ... ???

Jun 9, 2012 -- 12:35PM, Unworthyone wrote:

Yeah, Obama's out of touch.  Private sector job growth during his tenure has been dismal.  We should go back to the policies of GW Bush, because his policies are so clearly much better.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 1:52PM #6
Do_unto_others

Wow. Call me underwhelmed if that's "Robme's BEST line".

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 5:11PM #7
Iwantamotto

Well, I was poor 4-8 years ago and I'm thinking I must be around at least the low end of middle class now.  I was severely dependent on others and now I'm doing pretty well.  Maybe, as capitalism is fond of saying, if you're poor you're doing it wrong.  There are successful people out there.  If you are not successful, it's your own fault.  :P

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 5:53PM #8
teilhard

That's right ...

I recall a very memorable Line from (the Late) President "Gipper," to the Effect that one of the GREATEST Things about "America" is that, "It's a Place where you can always get RICH ..."

So ... Face it, Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls ... There are only TWO "Kinds" of People in "America" -- The RICH ... and The LAZY ...

Jun 9, 2012 -- 5:11PM, Iwantamotto wrote:

Well, I was poor 4-8 years ago and I'm thinking I must be around at least the low end of middle class now.  I was severely dependent on others and now I'm doing pretty well.  Maybe, as capitalism is fond of saying, if you're poor you're doing it wrong.  There are successful people out there.  If you are not successful, it's your own fault.  :P

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2012 - 3:10PM #9
Jasr

Jun 8, 2012 -- 8:05PM, TENAC wrote:

I think obama is losing it.  No one is happier than me.  He simply can no longer see reality.

What obama said:

It was just six words from a 29-minute news conference, but President Barack Obama's assertion that "the private sector is doing fine" looks primed to play a starring role in this already-fevered campaign season.

"The truth of the matter is that … we've created 4.3 million jobs over the last 27 months, over 800,000 just this year alone," he said in response to a question. "The private sector is doing fine. Where we're seeing weaknesses in our economy have to do with state and local government," which, he said, isn't getting the support it needs from Washington.

Romney's response:

Mr. Obama's Republican presidential challenger, Mitt Romney, called the comment "an extraordinary miscalculation and misunderstanding" by the president. "I think he's defining what it means to be detached and out of touch with the American people," Mr. Romney said at a campaign stop in Council Bluffs, Iowa.

Nicely played Mr. Romney.

"Doing fine" was probably not a good choice of words. But the truth is that the private sector has been responsible for all the job growth, offset by hundreds of thousands of jobs shed by local governments. Even the federal workforce has shrunk during the Obama administration.

Those that believe that teachers, cops, agricultural extension officers, and sewage treatment plant workers do no useful work, add no value, and do not spend their earnings in their communities they live in (thereby increasing the velocity of money and providing employment for private sector workers) think this is a very good thing, and are delighted that President Obama is getting no "credit" for it.

Those with a grasp of reality know that this is a catastrophe...one where the federal government really does have the ability to prime the pump...prime many local pumps in fact...and is not being allowed to do it. Those with a grasp of reality know exactly what the president meant.

Those without...do not have a clue, and think that Mittens was awfully clever to jump all over this. Unfortunately there are an awful lot of them out there.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook