Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 9:58AM #1
catboxer
When the Green Party convention meets in Baltimore next month, delegates will choose Dr. Jill Stein as their presidential candidate. The Massachusetts physician may not be a serious candidate (she has no chance of winning), but she does offer voters an alternative to "the lesser of two evils."

Never mind that Stein promises to be the only candidate with a rational plan for dealing with the country's future, starkly threatened by a rising tide of plutocracy, militarism, and an evolving police state. The ABC story this morning covering her candidacy notes that third-party candidates "don't get much respect from the political establishment," which is enough by itself to motivate me to vote for her. Third-party nominees, if they get any attention at all, threaten the Demolican/Republicrat duopoly of our one-party system, and party honchos like Karl Rove and Obama have no intention of surrendering their stranglehold on the political process.

Dr. Stein's campaign will also suffer a lack of money, since she doesn't accept donations from any person or organization that employs lobbyists, and at this point her party is on only about half the state ballots. Her biggest asset is the widespread and intense disgust much of the American public feels toward the country's politics and establishment politicians.

I'm not even certain I'll vote this fall, but if I do I'll pull the lever for Doc Stein. Ultimately, however, we're not going to win the battles we've been forced into  by voting, but by taking to the streets in such numbers and with a degree of ferocity that will ruin the sleep and digestion of those who rule. They've given us economic collapse, war, unemployment, and foreclosure, and it seems to me the least we can do to repay their efforts is to give them a Maalox™ moment that lasts a long time.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 10:14AM #2
Jasr

Cat, whatever you do, do not fail to vote.

That goes for everybody else who is reading this.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 10:45AM #3
ted08721

Cat we must vote for Stein to  show we give a damn, although it is highly unlikely that she could pull an upset a stronger than expected showing could set the stage for bigger better things down the road.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 1:05PM #4
ted08721

I know I intend to have a Jill Stein lawn sign and every chance I have I will spread the message to neighbors, UPS, Fedex, mailman etc.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 2:02PM #5
ted08721

"at this point her party is on only about half the state ballots."

I think I read that she intends to be on all but 2 state ballots bcause of cost they are not friendly towards third party candidates.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 2:33PM #6
catboxer

Nobody in the political establishment of Repucronies and Democronies likes thirdish parties. No establishment of any kind likes them, especially the business establishment, because people like Doc Stein, Ron Paul, Nader, Lyndon LaRouche, etc, are not bought.

Establishments of all types use the strategy of trying to keep third parties too feeble to bargain with, since their interest is maintaining the status quo. Therefore they say things like, "What? Vote for Nader and waste your vote?" and other idiotic veshches. My favorite establishment trick is the constant spinning of this ridiculous and pathetic fable which paints the Republicans as "hard right" and the Dems as the "far left," then leaps to the remarkable conclusion that the "correct" place to be is right in between those "two extremes," as if that's the "right answer." 

When in reality the Republicans are straight-ahead establishment fascism USA, and the Democrats are all "gimme the money, Joe, and we'll work sumpin' out for ya." There's no space between them because they're not really opposed to one another. The Republicans need hippies to punch and blame everything on, and the "Democrat Party" will do, in the absence of hippies. The Democrats need somebody they can point to and say "You'd have medical care, unemployment benefits, lower house payments, two-dollar gas, and a free Toyota Celica Chevy for life, if it wasn't for those bastards over there."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 2:46PM #7
Nepenthe

www.isidewith.com/

I scored a 91% with Gary Johnson and 88% with Ron Paul, which wasn't too surprising, but I also scored a 83% with Jill Stein.  Nice, I will have to look into her as a candidate.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 3:27PM #8
rabello

Eyes wide open, especially after the let down that followed the hype from the last campaign.

Just about nobody's vote "counts" because of the Electoral College.  Except, of course, in the "swing states". 

I doubt Dr Stein will be allowed to participate in the presidential debates so most won't even get to hear her. 

Voters could make a difference in turning Congress around by electing better representatives. but when something like 30% of union members vote for an anti-union candidate because of things like NRA advertisements that warn them about getting their guns taken away from them, there's not much hope anymore that the swing states will step up to the plate.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 7:17PM #9
Armwar

www.isidewith.com/results/9116453

I sided with Fred Karger ??? , Johnson, and Romney on more than 80 % of the questions, but who the heck is Fred Karger?  I agreed with BO 43% of the time.

And some of you thought you  knew me...

but you don't.

Still, it is a matter of priorities, which this quiz won't show you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 7:37PM #10
catboxer

OK, there's a message there somewhere, but I'm not sure where, or what.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook