Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Switch to Forum Live View About That Individual Mandate
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 5:29PM #61
teilhard

Really ... ???

So ... You're suggesting that The New Generation ISN'T willing to start-out in a Starter Position and work UP to higher Salaries and Benefits ... while OTOH a Middle Age Worker SHOULD be content to just be laid-off, down-sized and out-sourced and take a Job Any Job flipping Burgers or Greeting at WalMart ... ???

huh ...

Jun 9, 2012 -- 3:00PM, aarroottoonn wrote:

Jun 9, 2012 -- 9:59AM, teilhard wrote:

And ... MANY "new hires" are of fresh young People just out of School who are already Life-long IMMERSED in various Electronic Tech Skills, are properly satisfied with entry-level (LOW) Pay and Benefits ... And THEY don't HAVE a Mortgage to pay, Children in College, etc., etc. ...

Jun 9, 2012 -- 8:59AM, Girlchristian wrote:

Jun 9, 2012 -- 8:33AM, amcolph wrote:

Jun 8, 2012 -- 11:02PM, aarroottoonn wrote:

However, my empathy ends far before 99 weeks of unemployment happen, for there is no reason for anyone to not being working within that time frame.

Many of those now unemployed will never work again, simply because there will be no jobs for them.

This is already known to be the case in manufacturing, which has bounced back past pre-recession levels without adding a significant number of jobs.

If you like to believe that anybody who really wants a job can get one because it makes you feel better, go ahead--but it isn't true.

Part of the problem is that people expect to get the same type of job and the same type of pay when job hunting and that is no longer realistic especially in manufacturing where we're moving to fewer jobs that need more skills.

I would be interested in seeing these people that are satisfied with low pay and benefits, because I pay a lot of attention, and haven't seen one. Most are angry, frustrated, and seeking to better themselves, and may see the job they have now as better than not having one, but that is a far cry from the statement you have made.

I will say, that if your statement is somehow true, than the US is in far worse shape than I ever dreamed, for we have raised a generation of children that don't seek greatness, only survival.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 5:43PM #62
CharikIeia

Jun 8, 2012 -- 10:53PM, aarroottoonn wrote:

One cannot build a smart welfare state using government. The govt is inherently conflicted, corrupt, and blind.

As Teilhard also already proved by way of counterexample, this is ideological bullshit.

There are many working welfare states, by definition "using government".

Conflicted and corrupt and blind is an ingredient that comes from low ambitions, government-wise. You can do better than that, as a nation. I am happy to see that your personal attitude here, aarroottoonn, is not the norm in your country.

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 6:36PM #63
drawout

We have people here that blame Obama for not creating jobs and blame the unemployed for not being able to find a job.

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 6:50PM #64
mecdukebec

Jun 5, 2012 -- 3:34PM, Jasr wrote:

OK political junkies: who wrote this?

Some of my libertarian friends balk at an individual mandate. But is it libertarian to insist that government pick up the tab for those without insurance or means to pay? An uninsured libertarian might counter that he could refuse the free care, but under law, that is impossible -- and inhumane.

Answer: Mitt Romney, in 2006!

...in an e-mailed first draft of WSJ Op Ed he penned in 2006. His staff deleted e-mails from a server when he left the Massachusetts governor's mansion...thinking that with one high-tech shake of the etch-a-sketch they could invent a new Mitt. But they reckoned without server backups and public records requests...

And now that Mitt wants everybody to forget he ever was the governor of Massachusetts, I am sure he is chagrined to see this Freudian slip come to light, as his cynical Republican colleagues attempt to sabotage health care reform with help from the activist court that elected George W. Bush for us.

I heard that on NPR and wondered how Wingoworld would explain Willard's musings away.   Apparently, the article in the WSJ stated, Willard's Team paid $60 some per hard-drive to erase Willard's past records.  Interesting.  Rush will have to tell them what to say. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 7:25PM #65
TENAC

Jun 9, 2012 -- 6:50PM, mecdukebec wrote:

Some of my libertarian friends balk at an individual mandate. But is it libertarian to insist that government pick up the tab for those without insurance or means to pay? An uninsured libertarian might counter that he could refuse the free care, but under law, that is impossible -- and inhumane.

...in an e-mailed first draft of WSJ Op Ed he penned in 2006. His staff deleted e-mails from a server when he left the Massachusetts governor's mansion...thinking that with one high-tech shake of the etch-a-sketch they could invent a new Mitt. But they reckoned without server backups and public records requests...

And now that Mitt wants everybody to forget he ever was the governor of Massachusetts, I am sure he is chagrined to see this Freudian slip come to light, as his cynical Republican colleagues attempt to sabotage health care reform with help from the activist court that elected George W. Bush for us.

I heard that on NPR and wondered how Wingoworld would explain Willard's musings away.   Apparently, the article in the WSJ stated, Willard's Team paid $60 some per hard-drive to erase Willard's past records.  Interesting.  Rush will have to tell them what to say. 

Oh wait!  

Can Willard not evolve?  Is he not capable? 

Perhaps only obama may evolve in such a manner......

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 7:31PM #66
amcolph

Jun 9, 2012 -- 7:25PM, TENAC wrote:

Oh wait!  

Yeah, but Romney is trying to pretend that he was the same tough conservative then as he is now.

He would do better to come clean and start testifying like a convert from his previous moderate position.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 7:32PM #67
mecdukebec

Jun 9, 2012 -- 7:25PM, TENAC wrote:

Jun 9, 2012 -- 6:50PM, mecdukebec wrote:

Oh wait!  

Well, the Wingos, as I understand them, deny evolution.  Thus, the Wingo-irony. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 7:49PM #68
teilhard

And the very same Folks complain that The Already Ultra-Wealthy STILL don't have ENOUGH Money ...

This is "Catch-22" SQUARED ...

Jun 9, 2012 -- 6:36PM, drawout wrote:

We have people here that blame Obama for not creating jobs and blame the unemployed for not being able to find a job.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook