Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Appeals court refuses rehearing on California's Proposition 8
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 3:22PM #1
Druac

(CNN) -- The divisive issue of same-sex marriage in California may become another landmark case taken up by the U.S. Supreme Court after federal appeals court judges refused Tuesday to revisit an earlier ruling.

The 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in San Francisco denied a request to re-examine the constitutionality of Proposition 8, California's voter-approved referendum defining marriage as only between a woman and a man.

www.cnn.com/2012/06/05/justice/californi...

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
---------------------------------------------
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 4:50PM #2
drawout

Normally I would delete any personal attacks but lets let them stand just to illustrate the desperation of the anti LGTG rights mob and the newest low it has sunk to.

Feel free to self delete if any feelings of shame surface.

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 4:59PM #3
Ed.W

My compassion keeps people from dying.  The definition of compassion around here is to facilitate the spread of death. 

Now why on earth would I be ashamed?

Have you got anything I can sink my teeth into?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 5:09PM #4
drawout

No one has ever died from SSM marriage.

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 5:19PM #5
TENAC
I can effectively argue that one Draw.....
Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 5:23PM #6
Ed.W

Was going to copy and paste, but the whole thing is interesting....I like the reference to the "Keep Talking" strategy.

www.ncfpc.org/PolicyPapers/Findings%2009...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 5:25PM #7
mecdukebec

I recall a Wingo on Cincinnati local television going on about, why he opposed "gay marriage," was that 'the gays do 'X'."  Where "X" describes a putative action (per the Wingo Wizard on the tee vee) during sexual relations of "the gays" involving the rectum (not going to say more). 

I really think if one just lets these nutballs "opine" and take off their hoods, one can really see, at least as much as one cares, how wingy their opposition is, and esp.--how they need some serious couch time with a psychiatrist. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 5:27PM #8
drawout

Jun 5, 2012 -- 5:19PM, TENAC wrote:

I can effectively argue that one Draw.....

I could follow up your line of thought by arguing abstinance is the only truly safe path, but then everyones imperfections and lack of  rational behavior would become apparant.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 5:34PM #9
drawout

Jun 5, 2012 -- 5:23PM, Ed.W wrote:

Was going to copy and paste, but the whole thing is interesting....I like the reference to the "Keep Talking" strategy.

www.ncfpc.org/PolicyPapers/Findings%2009...

OH good grief, the Gay Manisfesto that only the right wingers have ever seen. No one else ever reads it. They are out to destroy you....live in fear. You are spreading hatred towards a minority,the kind that could lead to violence. Anyone can search gay rights type web sites all day and never see this. But almost every anti gay hate site has it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 5:38PM #10
Ed.W

Interesting.  Prop 8 was a response to the CA Supreme Court legalizing SS"M" (as done in Iowa i.e.).

So it's possible that the CA Courts took Prop 8 a little "personally".  And there ruling that Prop 8 was "unconstitutional", could be translated as, "How dare you?  We will not be checked!"

That court should have recused itself from deciding the Prop 8 challenge.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook