Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Fix is Certainly In
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 9:43AM #1
Jasr
According to 3-week old statistics, Scott Walker has raised $30.5 million to Tom Barrett's $4 million in a bid to salvage his failed tenure as governor of Wisconsin.

70% of Walker's funding came from out of state, including a quarter million each from Tom Perry and Sheldon Adelson.

And these are the direct donations...not the indirect donations enabled by People's United.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 9:55AM #2
Bodean

Jun 5, 2012 -- 9:43AM, Jasr wrote:

According to 3-week old statistics, Scott Walker has raised $30.5 million to Tom Barrett's $4 million in a bid to salvage his failed tenure as governor of Wisconsin.

70% of Walker's funding came from out of state, including a quarter million each from Tom Perry and Sheldon Adelson.

And these are the direct donations...not the indirect donations enabled by People's United.

Jasr .... consider what these statistics mean.

Barrett has raised 4 million, 70% of which came from in-State.  That equal 2.8 Million

Walker has raised 30 million, [38%] of which came from in-State.  That equals 12 Million.

So .. comparing just apples to apples .. Walker has garnered more than 4 times the contributions from Wisconsin Residents than Barrett.

What does that tell you??

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 10:01AM #3
TENAC
+10

There's no accounting for poor math skills.
Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 11:06AM #4
Bodean

Jun 5, 2012 -- 10:01AM, TENAC wrote:

+10 There's no accounting for poor math skills.

Yet another example of the LIBERAL PRESS trying to "create an impression" that does not exists.

A bunch of lying, deceiving, hypocrits.

I'm almost the point, that we should BAN all "journalistic" news media.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 12:41PM #5
Jasr

Jun 5, 2012 -- 9:55AM, Bodean wrote:

Barrett has raised 4 million, 70% of which came from in-State.  That equal 2.8 Million

Walker has raised 30 million, [38%] of which came from in-State.  That equals 12 Million.

So .. comparing just apples to apples .. Walker has garnered more than 4 times the contributions from Wisconsin Residents than Barrett.

That tells you you have not taken into account any contributing factors.

Walker has been raising money since December. Under Wisconsin law there is no limit on the amount a candidate may raise if he is subject to recall.

Barrett has only had since he won the primary, which took place less than one month ago.

Now looking at some more detailed numbers, go to the detail reports on the Wisconsin summary campaign.

By doing a quick and dirty cut/paste/sort into excel from the table provided, I find that of the funds raised in Wisconsin only by Barrett, $583,166 was the total number of dollars raised from individual contributions above $1000.

Of the funds raised in Wisconsin only by Walker, $3,814,407 was the total number of dollars raised from individual contributions above $1000. This includes a $500,000 donation from one Wisconsin billionaire, and several $100,000 contributions. Hardly a grass-roots triumph.

Barrett did not have a single contribution over $10,000 from within the state.

And this is just the Wisconsin-based fat cats, and only the direct contributions.

So taking into account the enormous fundraising advantage enjoyed by Walker, the fact that he is still fighting for his political life against a candidate who only won the primary one month ago, I would say that even if he wins, he has lost.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 12:43PM #6
Jasr

I'll be happy to send you my spreadsheets. Or better yet maybe you can use your math skills to refute my calculations from the table data.

Good luck...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 12:53PM #7
TENAC

Jun 5, 2012 -- 12:43PM, Jasr wrote:

I'll be happy to send you my spreadsheets. Or better yet maybe you can use your math skills to refute my calculations from the table data.

Good luck...

Well, no point in that.

By your previous post I beleive Bo's claim was sustained?

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 1:09PM #8
Find1Answer

The OP makes a point that Out of State corporate funding is fueling Walker's battle and not Barretts.    Yet Bo and Tenac make hay with in state funding.    They attempt to make an argument of in state corporate funding is a true test of whether Wisconsin real people as opposed to fake corporate people are funding Walker's recall election.    What about the out of state corporate funding,   it that supposed to show that Walker is anything more than a corporate toadie.

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced.
That's why when people lose their sense of humor, their sense of self-importance is enhanced..
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 2:29PM #9
Jasr

Jun 5, 2012 -- 12:53PM, TENAC wrote:

Jun 5, 2012 -- 12:43PM, Jasr wrote:

Good luck...

Well, no point in that.

I'll be charitable and take this to mean that the math is sound and my skills are not deficient, contrary to your previous claim. 

Jun 5, 2012 -- 12:53PM, TENAC wrote:

By your previous post I beleive Bo's claim was sustained?

Bo's claim that Walker raised more money in state than his challenger was never in doubt. It's significance was.

Walker had three times as long to raise money, no legal limit, no primary to fight, and a much larger proportion of very large donors.

Now that is significant.

Also significant, as FOA emphasizes, is that a VERY LARGE amount...and very large proportion...of Walker campaign cash came from very wealthy out of state donors.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 4:20PM #10
catboxer

Jun 5, 2012 -- 9:55AM, Bodean wrote:

It tells me that rich geezers in several states, incuding Wisconsin, want to keep Scott Walker workin for them. "Fine young man doin a fine job" I'm sure they say.

I can hear em now as i listen for the rustle of 1000-dollar bills

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook