Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Israel Discovers New Giant Off-Shore Oil and Gas Field
2 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2012 - 10:05AM #11
BDboy

Jun 5, 2012 -- 8:41PM, rangerken wrote:

I think that the results politically will depend a lot on who has the ability to exploit this discovery. Right now the Israelis have the ability. So do several Arab countries. However, Egypt and Lebanon, the countries that are on the Med close to the find do NOT have the ability...though I'm sure they could get assistance. We also need to consider Gaza, which is on the Med, which has zero ability to do much of anything, but will surely demand some benefit from this find since Gaza seems to border on it.

Ken

>>>>>>> Exactly. Fair practices bring fair results. Unfair practices and policies bring unfair results.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 9:11AM #12
ted08721

This is terrible news, it will just give Israel more money to buy weapons and spread their terror through the Middle East.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2012 - 12:12PM #13
BDboy

Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:11AM, ted08721 wrote:

This is terrible news, it will just give Israel more money to buy weapons and spread their terror through the Middle East.

>>>>>>> You probably forgot that Israel get a good portion of it's weaponary for FREE!!

Either case, I hope Israel uses this "Extra pile of cash" to make peace. Forcing people did not work well for last 60 years, maybe they should try different less violent methods.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2012 - 3:11PM #14
browbeaten

Jun 11, 2012 -- 12:12PM, BDboy wrote:

Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:11AM, ted08721 wrote:

>>>>>>> You probably forgot that Israel get a good portion of it's weaponary for FREE!!

Either case, I hope Israel uses this "Extra pile of cash" to make peace. Forcing people did not work well for last 60 years, maybe they should try different less violent methods.

Maybe you should get your facts straight, since you obviously have no idea how Israel gets its weaponry and funding.  Personally, I would use the extra cash, declare Gaza as the Palestinian state and move all those who don't swear allegiance/fealty to the Jewish State into Gaza.  But, that's just me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2012 - 4:03PM #15
rocketjsquirell

BDboy

There is no such thing as a free lunch. Israel most certainly does not get anything for free, much less weapons.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 5:30PM #16
BDboy

Jun 11, 2012 -- 4:03PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

BDboy

There is no such thing as a free lunch. Israel most certainly does not get anything for free, much less weapons.

>>>>>>> Again this is not my personal view. It is view of experts. Let me quote a little for you.

One does not normally see this truth stated so starkly in places like Time Magazine — from Michael Scherer’s interesting article on AIPAC’s current strategy to “storm Congress”:

The third “ask” that AIPAC supporters will make of Congress on Tuesday is to once again pass the $3 billion in U.S. aid provided annually to Israel. “It’s a very tough ask this year,” [AIPAC lobbyist Steve] Aserkoff admitted, noting the U.S. domestic budgetary and economic challenges. Among other major purchases, the Israeli government has announced plans to replace its aging fleet of F-16 fighter jets with new, American-made F-35 fighters, a major cost that Israel hopes will be substantially born for [sic] by American taxpayers.

Those would be the same ”American taxpayers” who are now being told that they have to suffer cuts in Medicare and Social Security because of budgetary constraints, who are watching as the most basic social services (the hallmark of being a developed country) are being rapidly abolished (from the 12th Grade to basic care for children, the infirm and elderly), and are burdened with a national debt so large that America’s bond ratings are being degraded by the minute.  Why should those same American taxpayers bear the enormous costs of Israel’s military purchases (as Israel enjoys booming economic growth)?  Especially if the issue is presented as cleanly and honestly as Scherer did here, and especially if Israel continues to extend its proverbial middle finger to even the most basic U.S. requests that it cease activities that harm American interests, how much longer can this absurdity be sustained? 

On a related note, a new Rasmussen Poll found that only 58% of Americans now view “Israel as an ally” – down from 70% just nine months ago. ...................

[ Source: Time says of AIPAC's key goal: Israel's new weapons systems "will be substantially borne by American taxpayers" ]

Guess TIME magazine will think twice before giving us bogus information on an important issue like aid to Israel. Since most politicians are strangely bending over backwards to ignore American concerns and address Israeli concerns.

Hope this helps Rocket. :-)

Shalom!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 4:14PM #17
LeahOne

BDBoy, that post made no sense to me whatsoever.  Didn't help at all.

Half the info contained in articles you linked to, could as easily support conclusions far different from what you present.

IE:  the Republican party's Jewish contingent - tiny and virtually ignored! - trying to paint Obama as 'unfair to Israel' by cutting the missile defense system assistance. 

I absolutely agree with you, BDBoy that many US pols are 'setting aside US interests'!!! BUT it hasn't got 'jack' to do with Israel or anything but their political 'ambitions'.

Moderated by rangerken on Jun 13, 2012 - 11:16PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 7:04PM #18
rocketjsquirell

What Leah said

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 1:22PM #19
BDboy

Jun 13, 2012 -- 4:14PM, LeahOne wrote:

BDBoy, that post made no sense to me whatsoever.  Didn't help at all.

Half the info contained in articles you linked to, could as easily support conclusions far different from what you present.

IE:  the Republican party's Jewish contingent - tiny and virtually ignored! - trying to paint Obama as 'unfair to Israel' by cutting the missile defense system assistance. 

I absolutely agree with you, BDBoy that many US pols are 'setting aside US interests'!!! BUT it hasn't got 'jack' to do with Israel or anything but their political 'ambitions'.

>>>>>>>> I only gave access to information to all of my B-net friends. I have no wish to take any side blindly.

As far as Israeli influence on American politics is concern, it is a fact. So is Saudi influence. Not too many people know about that.

Saudis work with both Israelis and US in many projects where they have common interest. For example, Syria. Saudis are interested to remove Shia influences from Syria and Israel/US are interested to install a more Israel friendly administration in it, so they are working as a team.

The creation of Al-quida, Hamas etc are example of this "Team work" in the past.

Most people do not know that, in last 1400 year history, Muslims stayed away from commiting suicide. This is a politic driven recent phenomenon. But most people think it is religiously motivated.

The influence of AIPAC is well known. The influence of Zionist lobby on "Born again Christians" are well known. These born again are die hard republican (Most of them) and fanatically zionist.

Take care.

Moderated by rangerken on Jun 14, 2012 - 06:17PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook