Post Reply
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Switch to Forum Live View Settlers Set Fire to Olives, Attack Youth Center in Hebron
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 5:22PM #71
browbeaten
Posts: 3,146

Jun 12, 2012 -- 4:58PM, BDboy wrote:


Jun 11, 2012 -- 12:36PM, LeahOne wrote:


www.haaretz.com/news/settlers-throw-ston...


"The Committee of the Jews of Hebron Committee said that the stone-throwing incidents were triggered by provocations by Palestinians and monitoring organizations recently active in Hebron. However, the Palestinians say that the Jews initiated the stone throwing without any Palestinian provocation, and that passers by were hurt."


From the Ha'aretz article linked to earlier.  It appears there is some dispute over how this happened.  Perhaps the Palestinian 'provocations' were no more than the 'provocative hats' worn by recent Jewish visitors to Jordan who were stoned by Jordanians?  And perhaps not.....


You seem to have arrived at a conclusion so quickly as to preclude serious consideration that the 'settlers' could possibly not be in the wrong.  I wonder why that is?




>>>>>>>> By definition "Settlers" are the one who are acting outside the law or outlaws. They are stealing land from native non-Jews and implanting themselves.


On top of that, when they throw stones and disrupt lives of native non-Jews, it gives me little scope to support the fanatical settlers.


Palestinians are ONLY defending themselves and their lands and settlers are stealing land from them. What do you expect? Rose?




Who are they stealing the land from.  Do these "Palestinians" have deeds to the land?  I suppose that you continue to believe that ALL the land belongs to the Palestinians?


Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 5:35PM #72
BDboy
Posts: 5,659


From people living in Negev, West bank and Jerusalem...


Click here to see how they do it.


[Source: BBC ]

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 5:51PM #73
browbeaten
Posts: 3,146

Jun 12, 2012 -- 5:35PM, BDboy wrote:



From people living in Negev, West bank and Jerusalem...


Click here to see how they do it.


[Source: BBC ]




I see you didn't answer my questions. Wonder why that is?


Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 7:05PM #74
Shusha
Posts: 4,614

By definition "Settlers" are the one who are acting outside the law or outlaws. They are stealing land from native non-Jews and implanting themselves.



Palestinians are ONLY defending themselves and their lands and settlers are stealing land from them.




Cops and robbers.  Cowboys and Indians.  The settlers, "by definition" are the bad guys and the Palestinians are the good guys.  The actions themselves (such as rock-throwing) are not moral or immoral -- the only thing that matters is who did it.  If the action is performed by the "good guy" it is moral (defending themsleves) but if the action is performed by the "bad guy" it is immoral (acting outside the law).



Is that your argument, BD?  Because that is a very slippery slope.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 7:15PM #75
Miraj
Posts: 5,021

Jun 12, 2012 -- 5:22PM, browbeaten wrote:


Jun 12, 2012 -- 4:58PM, BDboy wrote:


Jun 11, 2012 -- 12:36PM, LeahOne wrote:


www.haaretz.com/news/settlers-throw-ston...


"The Committee of the Jews of Hebron Committee said that the stone-throwing incidents were triggered by provocations by Palestinians and monitoring organizations recently active in Hebron. However, the Palestinians say that the Jews initiated the stone throwing without any Palestinian provocation, and that passers by were hurt."


From the Ha'aretz article linked to earlier.  It appears there is some dispute over how this happened.  Perhaps the Palestinian 'provocations' were no more than the 'provocative hats' worn by recent Jewish visitors to Jordan who were stoned by Jordanians?  And perhaps not.....


You seem to have arrived at a conclusion so quickly as to preclude serious consideration that the 'settlers' could possibly not be in the wrong.  I wonder why that is?




>>>>>>>> By definition "Settlers" are the one who are acting outside the law or outlaws. They are stealing land from native non-Jews and implanting themselves.


On top of that, when they throw stones and disrupt lives of native non-Jews, it gives me little scope to support the fanatical settlers.


Palestinians are ONLY defending themselves and their lands and settlers are stealing land from them. What do you expect? Rose?




Who are they stealing the land from.  Do these "Palestinians" have deeds to the land?  I suppose that you continue to believe that ALL the land belongs to the Palestinians?





You'd be surprised at how many of us still possess the deeds to the lands confiscated from us by Israel.  I have several of ours in a box at home.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 7:43PM #76
Shusha
Posts: 4,614

You'd be surprised at how many of us still possess the deeds to the lands confiscated from us by Israel.  I have several of ours in a box at home.



Many posters have expressed an agreement of validation for these claims, and a willingness (in the moral sense) to honor these claims or provide compensation for them. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 7:54PM #77
Miraj
Posts: 5,021

Jun 12, 2012 -- 7:43PM, Shusha wrote:


You'd be surprised at how many of us still possess the deeds to the lands confiscated from us by Israel.  I have several of ours in a box at home.



Many posters have expressed an agreement of validation for these claims, and a willingness (in the moral sense) to honor these claims or provide compensation for them. 




If only the compensation was coming from our fair minded posters . . .

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 8:10PM #78
LeahOne
Posts: 16,386

Jun 12, 2012 -- 7:43PM, Shusha wrote:


You'd be surprised at how many of us still possess the deeds to the lands confiscated from us by Israel.  I have several of ours in a box at home.



Many posters have expressed an agreement of validation for these claims, and a willingness (in the moral sense) to honor these claims or provide compensation for them. 





just to clairfy my own comments, Miraj - I have no doubt that SOME Palestinians have had their land and/or other property confiscated without compensation, unjustly.


But I'm not willing to assume that ANY time ANY Palestinian makes such a claim that it's automatically totally accurate or properly informed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 10:00PM #79
rocketjsquirell
Posts: 16,040

There are many people in many places who have deeds to lands. Some of those deeds are valid, but many are deeds to land which the persons who hold the deed have sold. Remember each transaction produces a new deed. It is one of the reasons why land claims are frequently denied.


In certain areas, there are also loads of forgeries. Many people hold forgeries which they do not know are forgeries. Some people have even paid value for forgeries.


It is a good thing that we have courts to sort this stuff out.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook