Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Ahmadinejad: Islam forbids atomic weapons
2 years ago  ::  May 25, 2012 - 3:16PM #1
BDboy
This is not exactly new from Iran but new from Ahmadinejad. The religious council did talk about a "Fatwa" about this. Muslim nations should watch the council shortly.

Ahmadinejad: Islam forbids atomic weapons

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 25, 2012 - 3:22PM #2
rocketjsquirell

Right. Which is why Pakistan has them and why KSA has stated that they will develop them in the event Iran does. 

Yup!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 25, 2012 - 3:27PM #3
vra

Well, when Ahmadinejad and the ruling imams repeatedly have declared they will destroy Israel, I doubt very much that they were referring to kisses.  Also, it's important to realize that stating one's intent to destroy another country has long been interpreted as a declaration of war.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 26, 2012 - 1:19AM #4
SherriMunnerlyn

May 25, 2012 -- 3:27PM, vra wrote:

Well, when Ahmadinejad and the ruling imams repeatedly have declared they will destroy Israel, I doubt very much that they were referring to kisses.  Also, it's important to realize that stating one's intent to destroy another country has long been interpreted as a declaration of war.

vra,

I am sorry, but what you say here is simply not supported by intl law.

Further, no officials in Iran have said they intended to destroy Israel. 

A comment directed to the OP, Ahmadinejad is not the one making decisions about atomic weapons, but the Supreme Leader has made comments similar to this comment in the past.

Sherri

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 26, 2012 - 9:40AM #5
Dostojevsky

Sherri, it is a popular lie first used by Bush and since used to serve a purpose and anyone wo wants to make a point repeats it.

It is just amazing that when truth is told no one hears.

(general point nothing to do with you vra unless you identify with it)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 26, 2012 - 3:06PM #6
LeahOne

Sherri, please provide the citations to demonstrate that one nation declaring 'we intend to destroy you' to another is *not* regarded as tantamount to a declaration of war by 'international law'....

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 26, 2012 - 3:09PM #7
LeahOne

Dos,  I assure you I am not fond of any of the Bush clan.  However, I do not think your blaming a Bush for 'being the first' to claim A'jad said something is accurate. 

As much as there is to blame either Bush for, I don't think that one is actually part of the list.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 26, 2012 - 3:22PM #8
LeahOne

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ahmadineja...

There appears to be considerable dispute about the 'truth' of the remarks made by A'jad and what they mean.

A reading of the full article discloses that A'jad has a considerable history of making outrageous and disgusting hateful remarks.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 26, 2012 - 3:36PM #9
arabianwitch

We don't trust Iran one bit. My relatives in Kuwwait distrust Iran even more. My husband's relatives in Lebanon both distrust and hate Iran. If Iran's leaders said the sky is blue we'd wonder if our eyesight was deficient if we agreed!

Salaam,

Aisha

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 26, 2012 - 4:02PM #10
rangerken

Uh OH!!!!!

iran-enough-uranium-five-bombs

This is not good. This is very, very NOT good!

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook