Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View Where do we go to see happy Arabs and Muslims?
2 years ago  ::  May 25, 2012 - 12:01PM #31
vra

May 24, 2012 -- 9:31PM, Miraj wrote:

May 24, 2012 -- 4:27PM, vra wrote:

Back in 1967, I was offerred a teaching job at the high school in Fairbanks, so I approached my wife and asked her if she was game?  I can still remember her response: "I'll go, but I won't be happy".  I should explain that my wife was born and raised in southern Italy.

Needless to say, I turned it down.

It's too bad you didn't go.  You'd be making 6 figures teaching up there in no time, and your housing would have been free.

Minus the costs for a divorce.  Naw, I did the right thing.  ;)

BTW, I did talk to someone who did teach in Fairbanks at around the same time, and he couldn't wait to get out.  It was a bad time there as they were laying the oil pipeline, which brought in all sorts of transients, plus put the Dami and the Inuit too close together as they look for jobs.  He said there was all sorts of shooting and fights, and he finally had enough after three years there.  I'm sure it settled down after that-- right?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 25, 2012 - 4:04PM #32
Miraj

Not much.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook