Switch to Forum Live View Republican Congresswomen Create A Caucus
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 3:15AM #1
Kwinters
Coverage, plus link to roll out ad here.

Just wondering if GOP supporters think this is a good idea, or just a feminist conspiracy that has tained the GOP, and that GOP women don't need a 'victims group' so they can sit around and complain about men.
Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 4:13AM #2
Kwinters

PS and if anyone was in any doubt that the female body is still a highly contested object in the social sphere, check out the dichotomy between the repression of Afghan women to the other extreme of women taking off their close to raise political awareness in this media round-up 

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 8:16AM #3
Kwinters

Mia Love: she is African-American, she is Mormon, and she is Republican (US)

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 10:51AM #4
Bodean

May 22, 2012 -- 4:13AM, Kwinters wrote:

PS and if anyone was in any doubt that the female body is still a highly contested object in the social sphere, check out the dichotomy between the repression of Afghan women to the other extreme of women taking off their close to raise political awareness in this media round-up 

Is that what you call it??

According the article, her campaign wasn't getting much notice, ... so she put up a billboard with a bunch of topless covered women to raise awareness for her campaign.

I was always under the impression that "raising political awareness" was involved in getting people's attention regarding a particular issue .... not getting the attention of a political candidate.

OTOH .. I fully support the Rebubican Women forming a caucus.  Why wouldn't I??  Liberal Women have a caucus, why not conservative women.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 11:33AM #5
Kwinters

May 22, 2012 -- 10:51AM, Bodean wrote:

May 22, 2012 -- 4:13AM, Kwinters wrote:

Is that what you call it??

According the article, her campaign wasn't getting much notice, ... so she put up a billboard with a bunch of topless covered women to raise awareness for her campaign.

I was always under the impression that "raising political awareness" was involved in getting people's attention regarding a particular issue .... not getting the attention of a political candidate.

OTOH .. I fully support the Rebubican Women forming a caucus.  Why wouldn't I??  Liberal Women have a caucus, why not conservative women.

I guess the contradiction between controlling women's bodies in Afghanistan vs women using their bodies to raise awareness of political campaigns or issues was simply too subtle and utterly lost on you.

Next time I'll thick draw lines in Crayola to connect the dots for you, shall I?

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 2:22PM #6
Roodog

May 22, 2012 -- 3:15AM, Kwinters wrote:

Coverage, plus link to roll out ad here.

Just wondering if GOP supporters think this is a good idea, or just a feminist conspiracy that has tained the GOP, and that GOP women don't need a 'victims group' so they can sit around and complain about men.

I wonder if the GOP might not just expel these women from the Party.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook