Page 1 of 17  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next
Switch to Forum Live View It Simply Wont Die-Where Was He Born?
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 7:52PM #1
TENAC

Obama’s Lit Agency Used 'Born in Kenya' Bio Until 2007

Archive.org shows that the Dystel website used the following biography for Obama as of April 3, 2007:

BARACK OBAMA is the junior Democratic senator from Illinois and was the dynamic keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. He was also the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Kenya to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book, DREAMS FROM MY FATHER: A STORY OF RACE AND INHERITANCE, has been a long time New York Times bestseller.

Obama launched his presidential campaign in February 2007.

By April 21, 2007, the Obama bio had been changed to state that Obama was born in Hawaii:

BARACK OBAMA is the junior Democratic senator from Illinois and was the dynamic keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. He was also the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Hawaii to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book, DREAMS FROM MY FATHER: A STORY OF RACE AND INHERITANCE, has been a long time New York Times bestseller.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 9:08PM #2
catboxer

Breitbart.com, whence this mess comes from, says:

Andrew Breitbart was never a "Birther," and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of "Birtherism." In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.
     Yet Andrew also believed that the complicit mainstream media had refused to examine President Obama's ideological past, or the carefully crafted persona he and his advisers had constructed for him.

"Andrew believed" should be "Andrew knew," as we all do.

So assuming this booklet of bios of 90 authors with forthcoming books, put together for distribution within the publishing industry, is genuine, it still doesn't add up. What I'm getting at is this doesn't explain the rise of birtherism long before this obscure publication came to light.

It does make sense that the lit agent was looking for a sexier back story than "Nice young man, born in Hawaii," and also it makes sense now that we know Obama, that he would go along with the deception.

I'll also go along with the contention that the corporate-controlled media decided early on that McCain was a grouchy old curmudgeon and a dick (and they were right), and that Palin is a clueless bimbo who would drown if she fell into a think tank (right again). Plus they were entranced by Obama who talks so much prettier than Gee Dubya can. They hardly "refused to examine" Obama's cover story, any more than they "refuse to examine" anything else, since they're mostly a bunch of knuckle-dragger stenographers.

And despite the disclaimer, the editors of Breitbart.com, knowing full well that many of their readers are called that mostly out of charity because they skim rather than read, intend to stir up the birther pot again, by inducing emotional meltdown in the deluded and suffering victims of Obama Derangement Syndrome, most of whom will be down on their hands and knees howling and trembling like psychotic Chihuahuas from now until election day.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 9:32PM #3
TENAC

Cat, I think what this says is obama throughout his life has never been what he appears to be on the surface.  That guy couldnt fit in to every situation or certainly be loved by all.

Just as he writes in composites, he himself is a composite of everyone he has every met and no one.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 9:38PM #4
Find1Answer

regardless of the info or misinfo in the lit catalog,  the author of the bits is a poor writer.    Obama was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii and Chicago?    I thought by the time he reached Chicago he was already raised up.

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 10:55PM #5
Unworthyone

Gawd, I hope the right runs with this.  I hope this is all they talk about for the next six months.  Forget the economy, forget unemployment, forget the housing crisis.  We can only hope that a lit agent's bio sketch is the flame that these nutjob moths can't get enough of.

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 11:16AM #6
Jasr

You are correct, TENAC. It will not die as long as there is a significantly large group of paranoid, hateful crypto-racist knuckledraggers for the Republicans to exploit for votes and breathless blog posts.

I can't believe any Republican of intelligence and good faith would not be thoroughly embarrassed by this phenomenon.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 12:53PM #7
mecdukebec

May 18, 2012 -- 11:16AM, Jasr wrote:

You are correct, TENAC. It will not die as long as there is a significantly large group of paranoid, hateful crypto-racist knuckledraggers for the Republicans to exploit for votes and breathless blog posts.

I can't believe any Republican of intelligence and good faith would not be thoroughly embarrassed by this phenomenon.

I think that there are preciously few Republicans "of intelligence" left in the GOP. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 2:32PM #8
Do_unto_others

It won't die because YOU won't LET it die, TENAC.

Reasoning, thinking people have moved on from this nonsense long ago.

Feel free to wallow in it all you like. It kinda suits you to be associated with those pathological liars/haters.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 2:33PM #9
Do_unto_others

May 18, 2012 -- 11:16AM, Jasr wrote:

Wish we had "favorite" button or 'thumbs up' icons.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 3:14PM #10
arielg

May 17, 2012 -- 9:32PM, TENAC wrote:

Cat, I think what this says is obama throughout his life has never been what he appears to be on the surface.  That guy couldnt fit in to every situation or certainly be loved by all.

Just as he writes in composites, he himself is a composite of everyone he has every met and no one.

And how is this different than anyone else? 

How would it be better if he was born in a neighborhood  (somewhere in Amurica, of course)  and  lived there his whole life?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 17  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook