Post Reply
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 10:12AM #1
catboxer
Posts: 13,684
Thanks to the actions and inactions of the Obushma administration, unemployment in the US is flatlining at 8 percent.

Thanks for nothing, Demolicans and Republicrats.

Your run of making history is over. You're soon going to BE history.
Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 5:59PM #2
Bodean
Posts: 8,707

May 17, 2012 -- 10:12AM, catboxer wrote:

Thanks to the actions and inactions of the Obushma administration, unemployment in the US is flatlining at 8 percent.

Thanks for nothing, Demolicans and Republicrats.

Your run of making history is over. You're soon going to BE history.



What's so sad, is that there are people who actually think the unemployment rate is flattened at 8%.  Reality, It's much higher than that.


The goof balls we have running this nation are not in it for us, they are in it for themselves.  Of course, we can all still hope for ol Helicopter Ben to start dropping the Tbills from the black helicopters.  They won't be worth anything ... but it's the "intention" that counts .. right??


 


"An alternative measure calculated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U-5 rate, one of six measures calculated monthly that incorporates many of these individuals, reports a jobless rate of 9.5 percent.


The U-5 rate specifically calculates those who are considered “marginally attached” to the workforce, meaning these individuals are not in the labor force, but are available and ready to work. Since these individuals are not recorded as looking for work in the weeks preceding the monthly jobs survey, they are not counted in the official unemployment rate."


www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/8/...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 6:13PM #3
Druac
Posts: 9,905

What cracks me up is that anyone thinks any Republican or Democrat administration can do anything to actually change this.


You can't bring back jobs that don't exist or that were exported. The best you can do is create new ones...if the private sector doesn't do this, there is only one thing left to do, create them in the public sector...IF your only goal is to bring the numbers down.


In case anybody forgot, there are industries that jobs are NOT coming back to ANY time soon, if EVER.


What really needs to happen, between the two parties, is compromise. My honest opinion is that it will take a very balanced and concerted effort, not to mention some real sacrifice, to create these jobs that don't currently exist. For that reason, compromise and balanced measure are the tools needed. We don't have either of those in our government right now. Until we do, there isn't an administration that can make that happen.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 7:45PM #4
catboxer
Posts: 13,684

All I know is nobody ever bailed us out.


They got bailed out, and we got foreclosure, even though nobody knew who holds title.


They got bailed out, we got an unemployment duration cut.


They got bailed out, and we got abandoned to the tender mercies of Republicans who have plans for our Social Security trust fund.


They got bailed out, we got the door shut on the doctor's office with Medicare cuts.


They got bailed out, we got austerity.


They got bailed out, and we got sold out.


Sold out by Obushma and Co., and by the parliament of millionaire whores.


Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 9:59PM #5
aarroottoonn
Posts: 3,128

May 17, 2012 -- 6:13PM, Druac wrote:


What cracks me up is that anyone thinks any Republican or Democrat administration can do anything to actually change this.


You can't bring back jobs that don't exist or that were exported. The best you can do is create new ones...if the private sector doesn't do this, there is only one thing left to do, create them in the public sector...IF your only goal is to bring the numbers down.


In case anybody forgot, there are industries that jobs are NOT coming back to ANY time soon, if EVER.


What really needs to happen, between the two parties, is compromise. My honest opinion is that it will take a very balanced and concerted effort, not to mention some real sacrifice, to create these jobs that don't currently exist. For that reason, compromise and balanced measure are the tools needed. We don't have either of those in our government right now. Until we do, there isn't an administration that can make that happen.




Obama has brought the numbers down by having a few jobs created, while watching the participation rate plummet. So you can bring down the numbers by not doing anything.


You will never have "balance" when the two sides are so far apart amongst their supporters. Now what they do when they get elected is the real problem. I am not a huge TP supporter, but they are holding the Repulicans feet to the fire on backtracking. OWS has the potential to do the same. Then we can really decide what type of country we want to live in, and move on.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 7:46AM #6
Bodean
Posts: 8,707

May 17, 2012 -- 6:13PM, Druac wrote:


What cracks me up is that anyone thinks any Republican or Democrat administration can do anything to actually change this.


You can't bring back jobs that don't exist or that were exported. The best you can do is create new ones...if the private sector doesn't do this, there is only one thing left to do, create them in the public sector...IF your only goal is to bring the numbers down.





Yes yes ... loet's borrow another couple of Trillion so we can create do nothing jobs in the public sector that create nothing.


Yep .. that'll do it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 8:48AM #7
amcolph
Posts: 16,238

May 18, 2012 -- 7:46AM, Bodean wrote:


Yes yes ... loet's borrow another couple of Trillion so we can create do nothing jobs in the public sector that create nothing.


Yep .. that'll do it.




Exactly.  Lets not spend any money on roads, bridges, port facilities, power grids, IT infrastructure or anything like that.


For one thing, a lot of the money spent on such projects  is given out as wages to the working class--in other words, wasted.


For another, building up national infrastructure is a long-term investment in productivity which is of no interest to Conservatives who are scheming to cash out the country and run--just like Romney learned how to do at Bain Capital.  Funny coincidence, that.


 


 

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 10:30AM #8
Nepenthe
Posts: 2,537

May 18, 2012 -- 8:48AM, amcolph wrote:

Exactly.  Lets not spend any money on roads, bridges, port facilities, power grids, IT infrastructure or anything like that.


For one thing, a lot of the money spent on such projects  is given out as wages to the working class--in other words, wasted.


For another, building up national infrastructure is a long-term investment in productivity which is of no interest to Conservatives who are scheming to cash out the country and run--just like Romney learned how to do at Bain Capital.  Funny coincidence, that.




Yes, but there is a difference in spending money we have, and borrowing money we never intend to pay back.


 

Gary Johnson 2012
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 9:24AM #9
catboxer
Posts: 13,684

New unemployment claims this week: 370,000 -- not good news.


And no, the rocket scientists creating this ongoing catastrophe are not doing so because the confidence fairy didn't leave a nice, shiny new dime under their pillow. They're doing it because they don't give a shit about ordinary people.


So the captains of finance and industry keep telling each other that TEH DEFICIT is the main problem, which lie is echoed by the administration they appointed, but nobody actually believes it any more.


They all know as well as John Maynard Keynes did that cutting spending during a depression makes things worse. They simply don't care.


This is the fifth year of the depression. Unemployment is stuck at slightly above eight percent. Where's our hope and change?


Dump Obama.


But don't vote for that poorly-programmed idiot robot running against him. You'll be sorry if you do.


This is going to be difficult.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 10:05AM #10
arielg
Posts: 9,088

There aren't enough useful things to do in the world to keep 7 billion people occupied, specially when robots and heavy machines do  most of the work today.   The only way to "create" jobs in more advance societies is to invent ever new frivolous ways to keep people doing something, for the hell of it.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook