Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Switch to Forum Live View EU Castigates Israel Over Settlements, Palestinians
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 4:24PM #61
Shusha

May 23, 2012 -- 2:32PM, SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

May 23, 2012 -- 1:58PM, Shusha wrote:

Sherri,

You really should try to respond to some of my posts. 

Shusha,

I provided the legal analysis of the highest court in our world, which explained and made a finding that Israel is an Occupier in East Jerusalem, the West Bank, and Gaza. As an Occupier, Isreal has no sovereignty over the lands in the OPT. Who has rights in the land? The indigenous  population who was there in 1948, the UN Partition Plan legitimized an Arab State and a Jewish State, and the indigenous people inside the OPT have a right of self determination to have a nation in the land that the UN set aside for an Arab State. Intl law provides no rights in the land to illegal Jewish settlers Israel unlawfully moved into the land since 1948, or their descendants, every single one of them an illegal squatter.

Sherri 

Once again, you have not provided a "legal analysis" which demonstrates Israel is not sovereign over the land in question and is therefore an "Occupier".  Once again, you have only provided documentation that ASSUMES Israel is an occupier.

You seem to believe that UN Resolution 181 is binding and legally authoratative.  It is not, as I have already stated in a previous post.  Please respond to my specific comments and provide a legal framework for sovereignty by a State other than Israel. 

Moderated by Merope on May 23, 2012 - 05:15PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 5:20PM #62
SherriMunnerlyn

May 23, 2012 -- 4:24PM, Shusha wrote:

May 23, 2012 -- 2:32PM, SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

May 23, 2012 -- 1:58PM, Shusha wrote:

Sherri,

You really should try to respond to some of my posts. 

Shusha,

I provided the legal analysis of the highest court in our world, which explained and made a finding that Israel is an Occupier in East Jerusalem, the West Bank, and Gaza. As an Occupier, Isreal has no sovereignty over the lands in the OPT. Who has rights in the land? The indigenous  population who was there in 1948, the UN Partition Plan legitimized an Arab State and a Jewish State, and the indigenous people inside the OPT have a right of self determination to have a nation in the land that the UN set aside for an Arab State. Intl law provides no rights in the land to illegal Jewish settlers Israel unlawfully moved into the land since 1948, or their spawn, every single one of them an illegal squatter.

Sherri 

Once again, you have not provided a "legal analysis" which demonstrates Israel is not sovereign over the land in question and is therefore an "Occupier".  Once again, you have only provided documentation that ASSUMES Israel is an occupier.

You seem to believe that UN Resolution 181 is binding and legally authoratative.  It is not, as I have already stated in a previous post.  Please respond to my specific comments and provide a legal framework for sovereignty by a State other than Israel. 

Shusha,

Once again, you ignore the legal authorities of our world. It is not necessary for me to say anything, we have a legal Opinion by the Highest legal authority in our world telling the world Israel occupies East Jerusalem, the West Bank, and Gaza. Nothing you can say will change that.

I do not care how you classify the UN Partition Plan Resolution, just realize as you are tearing it down, it legitimizes Israel, too.

Israel's legitimacy as a nation depends upon an Arab Nation existing. This is why most other nations in the Middle East very properly refuse to recognize the legitimacy of Israel.

And when Israel was admitted into the UN, Israel agreed to abide by the UN Partition Plan Resolution, Israel also agreed to abide by the Resolution that provided the refugees would be allowed to return to their homes. Israel's first attempt to become a UN Member was rejected, it was only upon agreeing to these Resolutions, in their second application for membership, that Israel was accepted as a member in the UN. And over 60 years later, Israel still refuses to abide by these UN Resolutions.

"On 11 May 1949, one day before the signing of the Lausanne protocols, Israel was admitted to United Nations membership. In a statement to the Political Committee, the Israeli representative declared that his country would observe the principles of the United Nations Charter, and would implement its resolutions. Israel was the only State to have achieved statehood and received territory also through an act of the United Nations. The preamble of the resolution admitting Israel to United Nations membership specifically referred to Israel's undertakings to implement General Assembly resolutions 181 (II) and 194 (III), the two resolutions that formed the centre of the Palestine issue in the United Nations: "

unispal.un.org/unispal.nsf/5ba47a5c6cef5...

Sherri

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 8:05PM #63
LeahOne

"Israel's legitimacy as a nation depends upon an Arab Nation existing. "

That is a strange and unusual interpretation of the UN Resolution with which I was previously unfamiliar.  Incidentally, the source you used appears to be one which makes not even a pretense of being 'objective'.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 2:13PM #64
vra

I would suggest that the solution to this is actually quite simple: have the surrounding countries, Hamas, el-Fatah, and Hezbollah declare Israel to be a sovereign state and stop their attacks.  If that's done, there can be serious negotiations because there's nothing more than what the Israelis want than a permanent peace.  If that's not done, then any agreement of any type ain't worth the paper it's printed on. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook