Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View "Jesus Would Not Approve Of Abortions" President Carter
3 years ago  ::  May 14, 2012 - 9:26AM #11
Jasr

Getting back to the OP:

Jimmy Carter need not worry. I am a pro-life Democrat and I have never had trouble finding a place in the tent.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 14, 2012 - 11:39AM #12
Druac

I wonder what Santa or the Tooth Fairy think about it.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 14, 2012 - 12:47PM #13
independentDEM

there use to be a time in (not so long ago) when Americans participated in the primaries of both Parties. Unlike most countries that have multiple Parties to reflect the peoples' true views we are only stuck with 2.
Couple that with the fact that almost no one in this country votes (we historically have the lowest voter turn out) and you are left with both Parties essentially being controlled by fringe elements & big corporate business. 
The poor of this nation need the Democratic Party. There will always be those who are downtrodden and disabled. And in a country separated by church & state and with a growing number of atheists who reject the Church we must have a Party that espouses the issues of the poor.... 

Pro Lifers please sign the petition below affirming you support a Pro Life Democratic Party

www.ipetitions.com/petition/bigtent/

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 14, 2012 - 1:00PM #14
mainecaptain

What Jesus would and would not approve of is irrelevant in politics. Religion should stay far away from politics. In spite of what so many want to believe this is not a Christian country. It is not a theocracy. I do not want to live in a theocracy. And for those who do. Iran is available.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 14, 2012 - 1:23PM #15
Find1Answer

May 14, 2012 -- 1:00PM, mainecaptain wrote:

What Jesus would and would not approve of is irrelevant in politics. Religion should stay far away from politics. In spite of what so many want to believe this is not a Christian country. It is not a theocracy. I do not want to live in a theocracy. And for those who do. Iran is available.

you know what?    Jesus does not have to obtain an abortion if he doesn't want one.    no law saying he has to.        I would think that Saudi Arabia,   favored nation that it is is a better example than Iran.     

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 14, 2012 - 1:42PM #16
Jasr

May 14, 2012 -- 12:47PM, independentDEM wrote:

Pro Lifers please sign the petition below affirming you support a Pro Life Democratic Party

www.ipetitions.com/petition/bigtent/

It is my opinion that the Democratic Party is already pro-life. It policies aim to make abortions safe and as rare as possible.

Democratic policies are also more likely to be supportive of poor women who elect to give birth, as opposed to Republican policies which revere fetal life but show no interest in the well-being of poor babies after they are born.

The petition's wording is very ambiguous. It appears to address the existence of language in the Democratic platform that favors taxpayer funding of abortions. Then it goes on to insert a vague statement which does not address taxpayer funding at all. But it is irrelevant anyway since there is virtually no chance of ever returning to taxpayer funding of abortions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 14, 2012 - 1:48PM #17
amcolph

May 14, 2012 -- 1:42PM, Jasr wrote:

Democratic policies are also more likely to be supportive of poor women who elect to give birth, as opposed to Republican policies which revere fetal life but show no interest in the well-being of poor babies after they are born.

Rich women have always had access to safe abortions and always will, whether they are legal or not.

The pro-life movement is about denying this privilege to the 'lower orders.'

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 14, 2012 - 4:12PM #18
mainecaptain

May 14, 2012 -- 1:48PM, amcolph wrote:

Rich women have always had access to safe abortions and always will, whether they are legal or not.

The pro-life movement is about denying this privilege to the 'lower orders.'

I have been thinking this lately. All these laws are against poor and middle class women who can not leave the country to have their abortion. Although I am sure the very wealthy don't even have to do that. Nor do I think,  wealthy women,  would have to go through a transvaginal ultra sound before having an abortion, so that she is properly and thoroughly humiliated.

These law don't apply to the rich.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook