Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View When Betty White Really Blew It
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 12:22PM #1
Find1Answer
Wow   White really stepped in it this time!    

news.yahoo.com/betty-white-reveals-her-p...
Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 1:15PM #2
mainecaptain

How has she stepped in it? She has spoken honestly about her preference. I see nothing wrong with that.

She actually has a right to do so, so far anyway. I think after 90 years of living a good and honourable life she has a right to give her preference.

Regardless of which side.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 1:23PM #3
TENAC

She is walking into Ellen Dengerse or Oparah territory.

It didnt work out for them.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 1:33PM #4
Find1Answer

May 12, 2012 -- 1:15PM, mainecaptain wrote:

How has she stepped in it? She has spoken honestly about her preference. I see nothing worng with that.

She actually has a right to do so, so far anyway. I think after 90 years of living a good and honourable life she has a right to give her preference.

Regardless of which side.

just a riff on a previous thread that claims Oprah blew it because she endorsed Obama.    it is a silly premise yet Tenac seems to think it valid.

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 1:56PM #5
Fodaoson

May 12, 2012 -- 12:22PM, Find1Answer wrote:

Tenac has been anti- Obama for 6 years and others on this board. Some people think that any opinion that differs from there is invalid, wrong, etc.

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 2:13PM #6
mainecaptain

May 12, 2012 -- 1:56PM, Fodaoson wrote:

Tenac has been anti- Obama for 6 years and others on this board. Some people think that any opinion that differs from there is invalid, wrong, etc.

Unfortunately true. I don't pin my ideas on who to vote for based on celebrities anyway, but I would  like her regardless of her choice. She is a delightful actress. Very entertaining.

I am not the enemy of those who believe differently then myself.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 2:40PM #7
rangerken

Celebrities, like all other US citizens, have every right to support candidates and take part in politics.

And those who don't agree with a celebrity's position have every right to ignore them.

I don't see any problem here at all. What Ms. White thinks and says is totally her business and her political opinions deserve to be heard...and agreed wih or not or ignored.

Again, I see no problem and no issue. And I totally disagree with her...but so what??? We're Americans! We get to disagree and 'fight' to the last 'vote' on election day. Then the winners get to govern and the losers get to play loyal oppposition and 'plot' for the next round!!! What a concept!!!

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 2:55PM #8
Unworthyone

No, no, no! We must punish Betty White! We must boycott her and her TV shows.  We must make her pay for her indiscretions!  Get Hannity and Limbaugh on the phone! Call your cable company!  Demand they remove Golden Girls from the line up! We'll deep six White just like we did the Dixie Chicks! 

Sure, she has been a national icon for more than 60 years, entertaining generations of Americans.  But that is all out the window now.  She must be destroyed!  How dare she express a liberal point of view?  She will live to regret this!

/sarcasm

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 3:06PM #9
TENAC

May 12, 2012 -- 1:56PM, Fodaoson wrote:

Noooo....your and every other liberal on the board's opinions are absolutely valid.

And todate, they are wrong in this regard to the administration of barak obama.  Nothing is better and getting worse.

He owns the economy and the war.  You support him and share in that.

Betty White's opinion is valid as is Oparah's.  And so is every viewer that determines they dont want hollywood dippin' into their politics.

I wonder how her costars are taking it.   They have a good thing and the old gal might just bring 'em down.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 3:10PM #10
TENAC

May 12, 2012 -- 2:55PM, Unworthyone wrote:

No, no, no! We must punish Betty White! We must boycott her and her TV shows.  We must make her pay for her indiscretions!  Get Hannity and Limbaugh on the phone! Call your cable company!  Demand they remove Golden Girls from the line up! We'll deep six White just like we did the Dixie Chicks! 

Sure, she has been a national icon for more than 60 years, entertaining generations of Americans.  But that is all out the window now.  She must be destroyed!  How dare she express a liberal point of view?  She will live to regret this!

/sarcasm

In that part, you might be prophetic.

Why is it the left tends to think it wrong for boycotting of things people dont support is wrong only when it is a conservative doing so? 

Did you feel the same when Limbaugh had his little dust up?  That people should listen to him inspite of his politics?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook