Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann Becomes Swiss Citizen
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 2:03PM #1
rocketjsquirell
I do not have a problem with dual citizenship, but when someone calls for an investigation of her fellow members of Congress and accuses them of not being true Americans, and then obtains foreign citizenship . . . well that just stinks to high heaven.

Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann Becomes Swiss Citizen

Former presidential candidate and congresswoman Michelle Bachmann became a Swiss citizen March 19th according to government officials in Switzerland. Her husband, Marcus Bachmann was eligible for Swiss citizenship due to his parents and recently filed for it and was approved.

Bachmann's children also wanted to become dual citizens and also filed for their Swiss citizenship. According to a statement from Bachmann's office, they did it as a family.

As a Swiss citizen, Bachmann is now eligible to run for office in Switzerland. She will also become a EU citizen, allowing her to live and work throughout the Euro-zone.

www.thefloridanewsjournal.com/2012/05/08...

Maybe they did it so that Marcus could finally come out of the closet. 
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 2:17PM #2
WannabeTheo

I find this very odd.  I wonder how this will affect her re-election prospects?  This can't help.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 2:22PM #3
mainecaptain

May 10, 2012 -- 2:17PM, WannabeTheo wrote:

I find this very odd.  I wonder how this will affect her re-election prospects?  This can't help.

Her followers aren't going to care, They follow blindly the banner of theocracy, lies and hypocrisy.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 2:28PM #4
WannabeTheo

May 10, 2012 -- 2:22PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Her followers aren't going to care, They follow blindly the banner of theocracy, lies and hypocrisy.

Maybe, but the tea party is, among other things, nationalistic.  It might be different if she had dual citizenship since she was a kid, or just for a very long time.  But to adopt dual citizenship this late, when she is supposedly representing this ultra-nationalist group...

She may not be doomed, but I still think this will hurt her.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 2:41PM #5
rocketjsquirell

I think she decided to go with it so that she can visit Mittens' money in Switzerland. It makes hare a much stronger prospect as Mittens' running mate. 

Lets hear if for the "All American Presidential Ticket": Outsourcer and Outrageous!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 2:43PM #6
mainecaptain

May 10, 2012 -- 2:28PM, WannabeTheo wrote:

May 10, 2012 -- 2:22PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Maybe, but the tea party is, among other things, nationalistic.  It might be different if she had dual citizenship since she was a kid, or just for a very long time.  But to adopt dual citizenship this late, when she is supposedly representing this ultra-nationalist group...

She may not be doomed, but I still think this will hurt her.

You think these people actually think. I doubt they do. If she keeps up with her deplorable rhetoric, I doubt she will suffer very much.

Also, please forgive me if I sound hostile, I am not hostile, and if I were it would not be aimed at you at all.

I apologise if it sounded that way.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 2:46PM #7
WannabeTheo

May 10, 2012 -- 2:43PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Also, please forgive me if I sound hostile, I am not hostile, and if I were it would not be aimed at you at all.

No worries.  I detected no hostility at all.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 2:47PM #8
mainecaptain

May 10, 2012 -- 2:46PM, WannabeTheo wrote:

May 10, 2012 -- 2:43PM, mainecaptain wrote:

No worries.  I detected no hostility at all.

Thank you. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 3:16PM #9
teilhard

Her "Ideas" have long been so "cheesey" and FULL of Holes, I guess she decided to make it OFFICIAL ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 3:19PM #10
teilhard

In HER District, it won't make any Difference at all ...

However ... Her DFL Opponent, Jim Graves, is a STELLAR Candidate ... the REAL Deal ... Self-made millionaire Businessman, devout Roman Catholic, Labor Supporter, VERY well-spoken ... 

I think he MAY be able to turn her OUT of Office ...

May 10, 2012 -- 2:17PM, WannabeTheo wrote:

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook