Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann Becomes Swiss Citizen
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 11:16AM #21
mytmouse57

May 11, 2012 -- 10:47AM, farragut wrote:

"We are still far away from the one world government,"

Thank the most merciful gods for that.  Imagine the worst tyranny that we have seen multiplied by about ten, and with nowhere to which you could escape.

That's a bit paranoid. 

Given the logical arc of events, and advancement of civilization, a global society is inevitable. 

I would agree, however, that humanity must first mature quite a bit before a truely "one world" system could work, without forced homogeny and/or governmental tyranny.

The next step is probably more along the lines of a commonwealth of nations. That in itself might take quite a lot of time. Likely far longer than you and I are going to be here. 

But again, that's just a stop along the way to the inevitable conclusion of a truely global society, which will be the crown of humanity's maturity.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 4:08PM #22
arielg

Thank the most merciful gods for that.  Imagine the worst tyranny that we have seen multiplied by about ten, and with nowhere to which you could escape.

Yes, I guess it is hard to conceive of a better world than the one we have today, based on nationalism. A world constantly at war, where the biggest industries  and waste of resources are at the service of militarism and armed conflicts, the environment is trashed, incredible brutalities  are justified in the name of patriotism  and 2/3 of the world go to bed hungry, while a stealth bomber cost a billion dollars. 

How could we possible be better off, eh?

The defense of this wonderful  system, where little  minds feel good about "belonging" to the best tribe,   is what  brings about tyranies.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 4:10PM #23
Ebon

Do you think she can be convinced to emigrate?

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 4:14PM #24
Ebon

The world is, at minimum, fifty years and at least one world war from that. And more likely, a couple of centuries and a couple of world wars.

That said, I've never seen the problem with a one world government. Provided it's constructed in the right way (keeping most of teh power close to the populace), there's no reason it has to collapse into tyranny.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 6:40PM #25
teilhard

No ... Michelle "Stupid" Bachmann has now RENOUNCED her Swiss Citizenship ...

May 11, 2012 -- 10:26AM, arielg wrote:

Good for her. Everybody should get at least several  citicenships and  start doing away with  the stupid 18th century nationalism.

We are still far away from the one world government, so we have to start expanding this way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 7:12PM #26
WannabeTheo

Indeed it seems few are bothering to read the article I posted on her renouncing her Swiss citizenship:

news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/michele-bach...

From the article:

Rep. Michele Bachmann, a Minnesota Republican and former presidential candidate, announced Thursday that she was withdrawing her dual Swiss citizenship, which Politico first disclosed earlier this week.

In a statement, Bachmann said she did not want to leave the impression that she was uncommitted to the United States.

Today I sent a letter to the Swiss Consulate requesting withdrawal of my dual Swiss citizenship, which was conferred upon me by operation of Swiss law when I married my husband in 1978. I took this action because I want to make it perfectly clear: I was born in America and I am a proud American citizen. I am, and always have been, 100 percent committed to our United States Constitution and the United States of America. As the daughter of an Air Force veteran, stepdaughter of an Army veteran and sister of a Navy veteran, I am proud of my allegiance to the greatest nation the world has ever known.

While Bachmann says she automatically became a Swiss citizen when she married her husband, Marcus, in 1978, Politico's Tim Mak reports that the marriage was only disclosed to Swiss authorities this year when the couple registered their children for dual citizenship.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 7:14PM #27
WannabeTheo

BTW, I would have preferred she kept her Swiss citizenship and renounced her U.S. citizenship instead.  Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 4:53AM #28
LeahOne

May 11, 2012 -- 7:14PM, WannabeTheo wrote:

BTW, I would have preferred she kept her Swiss citizenship and renounced her U.S. citizenship instead.  

Amen!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 8:18AM #29
Yavanna

May 11, 2012 -- 4:14PM, Ebon wrote:

The world is, at minimum, fifty years and at least one world war from that. And more likely, a couple of centuries and a couple of world wars.

That said, I've never seen the problem with a one world government. Provided it's constructed in the right way (keeping most of teh power close to the populace), there's no reason it has to collapse into tyranny.

I've always thought it was a pipe dream. We're simply all too different to be governed by a single body. No one force has ever been able to rule the world. How can one entity meet the needs of every group and individual on the planet?

In a few thousand years maybe.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 10:16AM #30
BDboy

May 10, 2012 -- 3:16PM, teilhard wrote:

Her "Ideas" have long been so "cheesey" and FULL of Holes, I guess she decided to make it OFFICIAL ...

>>>>>>>> lol

It only shows the level of crap she was delivering to her supporters. Her "Real face" is very different than what she has been projecting. Let us see how far BS-express goes in her new country!!

If she leaves for Swiss-cheese for good, America will be a better place to live for it!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook