Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Switch to Forum Live View A new anthem for Israel?
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 1:37PM #121
Miraj

May 24, 2012 -- 7:25AM, habesor wrote:

Miraj,

I read the article and I was just wondering if the author actually believes what she wrote. There certainly can be a Jewish culture outside of the State of Israel. But when she cited an Israeli author who mentioned that he could not be a whole Jew outside of Israel, he was echoing what is written in the Babylonian Talmud and by a great many Jewish scholars, rabbis and philosophers in the diaspora. The example provided by the article of a Hebrew writer who wrote in Europe, who was not widely read and who ended up being murdered by the Nazis in a concentration camp does not seem to me, at least, much of an example of a rival for the kind of vibrant Hebrew culture that exists in Israel today.

The author of the article you cited, seems to me to be very weak in the kind of historical lessons to be drawn from her chief example and is probably equally weak on her prophecies about Israel's future; prophecies, I might add, that are not factually based.

Habesor

You may be right, bro, but that never stopped anyone here from having an opinion :-)

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 4:23PM #122
habesor

Miraj,

Your answer in message #120 is, in my opinion, not serious. It seems to me that given your advocacy of a one-state solution you should be making a more serious attempt to answer.

Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook