Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Women's voting was 'a mistake'
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 3:43PM #11
mainecaptain

I am not ashamed of my own gender for fighting for the right to have affordable health care, and not having government in the doctor office.

I am very proud of women for fighting too keep and gain civil and human rights, men do not have to think about.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 4:18PM #12
Find1Answer

May 10, 2012 -- 2:43PM, k-bearsmom wrote:

YAWN.....and I'm not being callous nor unsympathetic..just a big ho-hum!  Perhaps I have been spoiled....I have always had the men in my life respect, care for and encourage me! On my working years I had terrific male counterparts and 'bosses' who treated and PAYED me wonderfully.

Almost every single one of my female friends are strong, accomplished and respected woman...and ALL of us could care less what some strange, insecure, far away male person 'thinks' of our gender!

Sometimes I am truly ashamed of my own gender who insist on going on and on and ON concerning this manufatured 'war on women'!

Talk about insecure!

I too have had good worktime experiences yet I find myself self employed these days.     I generally like and respect the men in my life and like men just fine.    It is these weinie state legislators that are getting my goat these days.    What mandate are they legislating from to get all upside inside women's issues.    These male legislators are strange, insecure, far away male person and apparently they think a lot of our gender!

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 4:24PM #13
catboxer

The voting rights struggle was a heroic time, and Mrs. Pankhurst as great in many ways as Gandhi.

But the big one is still to come, and before it's over, individual women must have absolute control over all decisions regarding conception and birth. And it's not just a women's rights issue, because our future as a species depends on it.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 4:28PM #14
mainecaptain

May 10, 2012 -- 4:24PM, catboxer wrote:

The voting rights struggle was a heroic time, and Mrs. Pankhurst as great in many ways as Gandhi.

But the big one is still to come, and before it's over, individual women must have absolute control over all decisions regarding conception and birth. And it's not just a women's rights issue, because our future as a species depends on it.

This is very true.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 5:09PM #15
k-bearsmom

I just want to say a little about this defunding of PP....(with our tax dollars).

For 20+ years I worked,volunteered, for our local Crisis Pregnancy centers...those unheralded places that aid, help, feed, encourage, support the moms who decide to keep their babies and THEN supply clothes, formula, more support,(financial and emotional) for the moms and babes. They also, in SO many instances, pay for the Drs., the hospital, and adoption if that is the desire!

OK...here's my objection to  PP....over these many years 'we' have struggled to keep afloat 'cause NO ONE will give 'us' one cent of your tax dollars....and in truth, that's been OK!  Mostly because that releases us from any 'government' restrictions.

BUT....we sweat and work for every penny brought in...yard sales, bake sales, spaghetti dinners,(oh my...the dinners!)...fund raisers, dances, even bingo nights and so much more and it's all year...every year.

So WHY cannot PP call upon all their liberal, wealthy, Hollywood, media buddies,(who loudly proclaim their OUTRAGE at the defunding! ! ! !)...why don't they do yard sales...etc?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 5:25PM #16
k-bearsmom

I brought the above to this thread because 'our' female healthcare is ALWAYS used as a battering ram for government 'taking care of us' and there truly are thousands of non-profit-volunteer-conservative-even Christian groups working tirelessly to provide these services...sans tax dollars.

'We' just never get any press nor credit...acknowledgement nor thanks from the media 'cause we're wrong and mean, and insensitive and all the rest of the drivel that comes from the self-righteous lefties!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 5:27PM #17
k-bearsmom

NO...I'm NOT whining.......just sayin'

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 6:12PM #18
Druac

May 10, 2012 -- 5:09PM, k-bearsmom wrote:

I just want to say a little about this defunding of PP....(with our tax dollars).

For 20+ years I worked,volunteered, for our local Crisis Pregnancy centers...those unheralded places that aid, help, feed, encourage, support the moms who decide to keep their babies and THEN supply clothes, formula, more support,(financial and emotional) for the moms and babes. They also, in SO many instances, pay for the Drs., the hospital, and adoption if that is the desire!

OK...here's my objection to  PP....over these many years 'we' have struggled to keep afloat 'cause NO ONE will give 'us' one cent of your tax dollars....and in truth, that's been OK!  Mostly because that releases us from any 'government' restrictions.

BUT....we sweat and work for every penny brought in...yard sales, bake sales, spaghetti dinners,(oh my...the dinners!)...fund raisers, dances, even bingo nights and so much more and it's all year...every year.

So WHY cannot PP call upon all their liberal, wealthy, Hollywood, media buddies,(who loudly proclaim their OUTRAGE at the defunding! ! ! !)...why don't they do yard sales...etc?

Thanks for volunteering and helping your community...if everyone did that we would all be better off for it. Hopefully it encompasses more than just your religious beliefs pertaining to abortion.

Also, PP does get money from its weathy supporters...in fact, they recieved several large donations when the defunding thing started and last I heard were still recieving them...I sent in a small one myself...to show my support for what they provide to the community.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook