Page 1 of 28  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Writing on the Wall
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 9:20PM #1
Ed.W

It's 9:19 in NC....  still waiting on the results of will North Carolinians slam the door on their ban on gay marriage with a constitutional amendment.

In Indiana, 6-term Republican Lugar loses to the Tea Party.....  Indiana... Tea Party ... Indiana.... Tea Party .... Obama carried Indiana in 2008...

Who will Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker get to mop the floor with.... stay tuned.

It's a bloodless, mostly pitch-forkless revolution!

news.yahoo.com/indianas-lugar-loses-nc-v...

‘Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.’ --Lao Tzu
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 9:34PM #2
catboxer

Dan   5:25  And this is the inscription that was written:

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.

:26  This is the interpretation of each word.
                 MENE: God has numbered your kingdom, and finished
                 it;
            :27  TEKEL: You have been weighed in the balances, and
                 found wanting;
            :28  PERES: Your kingdom has been divided, and given to
                 the gays and hippies.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 9:54PM #3
TENAC

May 8, 2012 -- 9:20PM, Ed.W wrote:

It's 9:19 in NC....  still waiting on the results of will North Carolinians slam the door on their ban on gay marriage with a constitutional amendment.

In Indiana, 6-term Republican Lugar loses to the Tea Party.....  Indiana... Tea Party ... Indiana.... Tea Party .... Obama carried Indiana in 2008...

Who will Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker get to mop the floor with.... stay tuned.

shhhh.....that TParty is losing its momentum.....hardly exists anymore.....

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 10:01PM #4
Bodean

I am happy to see the Tea Party Candidate win the IN nod.  We need fiscal conservatives in the Senate.

Walker will walk all over the Democrats, his approval is on the rise, the state is in the black, schools systems are saving money and actually hirering more teachers, and WI unemployment rate is down to 6.8, improving considerably better than the rest of the nation.

As for the gay marriage thingy in NC ... I don't agree with it.  I really don't understand this war against homosexuals.  They are people too, and deserve to be treated as such. I can understand some concerns, such as opening doors through which liberals will "intellectually interpret" a law allowing gay marriage to mean whatever they want it to mean, but ...really ... I mean .. let them get married.  I think the anti-gay marriage group should focus it's attention on the factors contributing to the degredation in Hetero Marriage.  I mean .. what's the divorce rate up to these days??  Why??  I can tell you, it's not because of Gays.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 10:02PM #5
Bodean

May 8, 2012 -- 9:54PM, TENAC wrote:

shhhh.....that TParty is losing its momentum.....hardly exists anymore.....

Yeah ... really!!  LOL.  So .. I wonder how many candidates the loony toons OWS crowd will get elected! ... or for that matter, if any candidates will even allow the OWS crowd to endorse them!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 10:04PM #6
Ed.W

Door slammed:

North Carolina OKs constitutional same-sex marriage ban

Updated at 9:38pm ET North Carolina voters Tuesday overwhelmingly approved a proposed amendment to the state’s constitution which limits marriage to traditional one man-one woman marriages.

With half the precincts reporting, the amendment was winning in a landslide, with 60 percent of the vote.

I've been waiting for 7 days to do this thread!

nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/...

‘Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.’ --Lao Tzu
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 10:15PM #7
TENAC

May 8, 2012 -- 10:04PM, Ed.W wrote:

Door slammed:

North Carolina OKs constitutional same-sex marriage ban

Updated at 9:38pm ET North Carolina voters Tuesday overwhelmingly approved a proposed amendment to the state’s constitution which limits marriage to traditional one man-one woman marriages.

With half the precincts reporting, the amendment was winning in a landslide, with 60 percent of the vote.

I've been waiting for 7 days to do this thread!

nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/...

Is it any wonder obama will not come out with his true position on ssm?? 

Part of whats wrong with our country is leadership is no leadership. 

No courage.

No core.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 10:24PM #8
Ed.W

>>>Bodean:  As for the gay marriage thingy in NC ... I don't agree with it.  I really don't understand this war against homosexuals.

It's not a war on homosexuals.  It's a defense of the values that some people still hold dear. 

The homosexuals have declared the war on those values, and they have set the institution of Marriage in their cross-hairs as being the single thing that could fall and allow them to feel 1000% victorious in their war.

Homosexuals are perfectly welcome to concoct their own ceremonies, called anything they want other than "Marriage" and do as they please and live happily ever after. 

But, they are saying rather, that the institution of another--a man and a woman--must be destroyed.  The definition of Marriage must be so significantly and permanently changed that for all intents and purposes Marriage as it was understood the day before the change will cease to exist.  The meaning of Marriage--a societal institution--will become entirely a personal matter.

I don't have one thing "against" gay people.  But clearly they are at war with the larger society.  They want us to "set down" Marriage the same way non-Christians want Christians to "set down" the Trinity.  Because it would gut Christianity.  Because it would gut Marriage.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 10:29PM #9
TENAC

May 8, 2012 -- 10:01PM, Bodean wrote:

I am happy to see the Tea Party Candidate win the IN nod.  We need fiscal conservatives in the Senate.

Walker will walk all over the Democrats, his approval is on the rise, the state is in the black, schools systems are saving money and actually hirering more teachers, and WI unemployment rate is down to 6.8, improving considerably better than the rest of the nation.

As for the gay marriage thingy in NC ... I don't agree with it.  I really don't understand this war against homosexuals.  They are people too, and deserve to be treated as such. I can understand some concerns, such as opening doors through which liberals will "intellectually interpret" a law allowing gay marriage to mean whatever they want it to mean, but ...really ... I mean .. let them get married.  I think the anti-gay marriage group should focus it's attention on the factors contributing to the degredation in Hetero Marriage.  I mean .. what's the divorce rate up to these days??  Why??  I can tell you, it's not because of Gays.

Let me attempt to turn it around for you.

Why take the view it is a war on homosexuals and not a war on marriage? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 10:33PM #10
amcolph

May 8, 2012 -- 10:24PM, Ed.W wrote:

The meaning of Marriage--a societal institution--will become entirely a personal matter.

So it should be.  My marriage was a 'personal' matter, conducted by a clergyman 'in the sight of God and in the face of this company.'   The certificate we got from the county was just a legal formality.  It matters not a bit to us who else they give one to.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 28  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook