2 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 10:55PM #261
TENAC

May 16, 2012 -- 10:49PM, christzen wrote:

May 16, 2012 -- 9:56PM, TENAC wrote:

May 16, 2012 -- 9:25PM, christzen wrote:

May 16, 2012 -- 6:54PM, TENAC wrote:

Interesting thing about young people

They become old people.

True.But this is no way proves that they revert to the same way of thinking as the previous older generations.If this were so,then many old white people that were accepting of blacks,interacial marriage,and such in their youth  would become racist as they aged.Show me the proof of this.

Old hippies are still hippies.Just grayer ones.

You want to know what really will happen?The same as happened with blacks.As people adjust to life with them and interact with them,they realize that they are just regular people.And when they realize this,their prejudices begin to go away.It is easy to dislike what you know only in the abstract,or as part of a hate campaign.It is harder to maintain that attitude in the face of familiarity that shows them to be 99.9% just like you and me.I have relatives who,when they had no contact with black people,thought it criminal that blacks could vote,date white people,live where white people lived,go to the same schools,etc.Then my grandmother had an elderly black woman as a nursing home roommate.They fell in love with her,and even continued to visit her after my grandmother died.Now they go to a black doctor and rave about how nice he is,and highly recommend him to others.And it all started because they got to know first hand one sweet little old black lady instead of accepting the lies they had been fed.

It's too late for your side TENAC.The tide has turned.People are getting to know what gays are all about,and the hate and bigotry will go away.Not all the way,there are still racists after all.But away enough to put people like Pat Robertson in the minority,and that's all that matters.

32 - 0

LOL. Enjoy it while it lasts.There used to be laws against blacks drinking from the same water fountains as whites.

Race and Gender are like apples and oranges.  They arent comparable in this.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 10:58PM #262
christzen

May 16, 2012 -- 10:55PM, TENAC wrote:

They become old people.

True.But this is no way proves that they revert to the same way of thinking as the previous older generations.If this were so,then many old white people that were accepting of blacks,interacial marriage,and such in their youth  would become racist as they aged.Show me the proof of this.

You want to know what really will happen?The same as happened with blacks.As people adjust to life with them and interact with them,they realize that they are just regular people.And when they realize this,their prejudices begin to go away.It is easy to dislike what you know only in the abstract,or as part of a hate campaign.It is harder to maintain that attitude in the face of familiarity that shows them to be 99.9% just like you and me.I have relatives who,when they had no contact with black people,thought it criminal that blacks could vote,date white people,live where white people lived,go to the same schools,etc.Then my grandmother had an elderly black woman as a nursing home roommate.They fell in love with her,and even continued to visit her after my grandmother died.Now they go to a black doctor and rave about how nice he is,and highly recommend him to others.And it all started because they got to know first hand one sweet little old black lady instead of accepting the lies they had been fed.

It's too late for your side TENAC.The tide has turned.People are getting to know what gays are all about,and the hate and bigotry will go away.Not all the way,there are still racists after all.But away enough to put people like Pat Robertson in the minority,and that's all that matters.

32 - 0

LOL. Enjoy it while it lasts.There used to be laws against blacks drinking from the same water fountains as whites.

You wish.Bigotry to blacks ended as younger folks cast aside their parents bigotry.They are doing the same with the bigotry towards gays.The youth of America are not your friend.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 11:00PM #263
Find1Answer

May 16, 2012 -- 10:55PM, TENAC wrote:

They become old people.

32 - 0

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virginia

here you go 

marriage between two consenting adults

"I don’t care if the federal government is telling me to buy my employees Jack Daniel’s or birth control. What gives them the right to tell me that I have to do that? That’s my issue, that’s what I object to, and that’s the beginning and end of the story."

This hint that Potter had merely swaddled an anti-government rant within a "religious" blanket illustrates the main problem with Justice Samuel Alito's majority opinion in Hobby Lobby: it takes claims of religious scruples for granted.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-expanded-hobby-lobby-20140702-column.html#page=1
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 11:18PM #264
christzen

They become old people.

32 - 0

Pre 1948 around 33 states had laws forbidding blacks to marry whites.

Please tell me how many of these states still had these laws in 1968.And how many have them today.

Woe is your side.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 11:52PM #265
TENAC

May 16, 2012 -- 11:18PM, christzen wrote:

They become old people.

32 - 0

Please tell me how many of these states still had these laws in 1968.And how many have them today.

Woe is your side.

Apples and oranges.

Btw, it is in the black community this effort is being soundly defeated.  And wouldnt surprise me if it costs obama the election in the final analysis.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 11:08AM #266
Find1Answer

May 16, 2012 -- 11:52PM, TENAC wrote:

May 16, 2012 -- 11:18PM, christzen wrote:

They become old people.

32 - 0

Woe is your side.

Apples and oranges.

Btw, it is in the black community this effort is being soundly defeated.  And wouldnt surprise me if it costs obama the election in the final analysis.

how bout this apple Tenac

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virginia

"I don’t care if the federal government is telling me to buy my employees Jack Daniel’s or birth control. What gives them the right to tell me that I have to do that? That’s my issue, that’s what I object to, and that’s the beginning and end of the story."

This hint that Potter had merely swaddled an anti-government rant within a "religious" blanket illustrates the main problem with Justice Samuel Alito's majority opinion in Hobby Lobby: it takes claims of religious scruples for granted.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-expanded-hobby-lobby-20140702-column.html#page=1
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 11:53AM #267
TENAC
How about it?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 5:41PM #268
Bodean

May 16, 2012 -- 11:52PM, TENAC wrote:

Apples and oranges.

Nah .... with the Black Community, the color of his skin is a much bigger Plus than any policy position he may hold.

Contrary to belief, it is the Black Community that engages in "racial politics" more than any other group.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 7:50PM #269
catboxer

Bodean, we have other conservatives here saying (if I read them correctly) that with his gay marriage pronouncement, he shot himself in the foot re: black voters.

Aunt Agnes still goes to church every Sunday and every Wednesday night too, and she's not voting for anyobody who's enabling TEH GAY, no matter what color he is. Or so they say.

I know conservatives don't march in lockstep, but that's a pretty wide divergence.

My opinion? He'll carry the black vote again, but not by much. In fact, across all the divisions in this divided nation, he's lost support among every group you can name. Will he still have enough to beat the android in November?

Stay tuned. Everyone is waiting with bated breath. Only six more months!

God, the excitement is killin me...not

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 9:54PM #270
Find1Answer

May 17, 2012 -- 11:53AM, TENAC wrote:

How about it?

Civil Marriage for same sex couples  and Loving vs Virginia are both apples.     

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 27 of 28  •  Prev 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook