Switch to Forum Live View Ahmadinejad rivals cement hold on Iran parliament
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 2:11PM #1
rocketjsquirell
This might be the most important step to Iran NOT developing a nuclear bomb

Ahmadinejad rivals cement hold on Iran parliament

Iranian president's political standing takes another blow as parliamentary allies' key posts can no longer be guaranteed. New House make up further threatens Ahmadinejad's chances for re-election
. . .
full article:
www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-42248...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 10:30AM #2
Dostojevsky

This is mostly weteern propaganda.

They do not like anyone with balls to stand up to them.

The prefer weak, submisive types, the ones who will yield to pressure of bribery or threats.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 11:35AM #3
SherriMunnerlyn

May 6, 2012 -- 2:11PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

This might be the most important step to Iran NOT developing a nuclear bomb

Ahmadinejad rivals cement hold on Iran parliament

Iranian president's political standing takes another blow as parliamentary allies' key posts can no longer be guaranteed. New House make up further threatens Ahmadinejad's chances for re-election
. . .
full article:
www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-42248...[/quote]

rocketjsquirrel,

Ahmadinejad cannot legally run for reelection now. There is no dispute about this at all.

And the power to declare war and/or develop nuclear weapons has never been with him, it rests now, and always has, with the Supreme Leader. Ahmadinejad only has had the power he has ever had because the Supreme Leader allowed it.

My husband tells me the Supreme Leader is trying to get rid of the position of Presidency altogether, perhaps have a Prime Minister chosen from within the Parliament.

Sherri

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 2:57PM #4
LeahOne

May 7, 2012 -- 10:30AM, Dostojevsky wrote:

The prefer weak, submisive types, the ones who will yield to pressure of bribery or threats.

Perhaps you could explain how you 'know' this is "western propaganda" ?  Dos, do you have some information to back up that opinion, or is that just your 'eastern propaganda' mindset?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 2:58PM #5
LeahOne

A 'Supreme Leader' who doesn't stand for election is a dictator....not to mention the phrase itself (Supreme Leader) is redolent of bad comic book scripts, and reminiscent of 'Toddlers in Tiaras'.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 3:48PM #6
rocketjsquirell

Now, "Fearless Leader" is a term we can all get behind. Right Boris?

Natasha Fatale (secret agent from Pottsylvania)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 12:48AM #7
SherriMunnerlyn

May 7, 2012 -- 2:57PM, LeahOne wrote:

Perhaps you could explain how you 'know' this is "western propaganda" ?  Dos, do you have some information to back up that opinion, or is that just your 'eastern propaganda' mindset?

Leah,

I already explained that Ahmadinejad cannot even run in the next election, under Iranian law, so obviously this article is propaganda.

The laws in Iran prevent persons from serving in more than two consecutive terms as President.

Ahmadinejad is presently serving his second consecutive term as President.

He cannot run as President in the next elections or be reelected as President in the next elections.

Sherri

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 1:14AM #8
LeahOne

Sherri, why do you think your post answered my questions to Dos?

I don't mind that you apparently wish to pontificate about Iranian internal politics - but let's not pretend that your remakrs had anything to do with my post.

It seems you don't realize that I understand A'jad isn't the 'Supreme Leader'.  My comments were about the whole concept of a 'Supreme Leader' in the first place.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 11:26AM #9
Dostojevsky

May 8, 2012 -- 12:48AM, SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

May 7, 2012 -- 2:57PM, LeahOne wrote:

Leah,

I already explained that Ahmadinejad cannot even run in the next election, under Iranian law, so obviously this article is propaganda.

The laws in Iran prevent persons from serving in more than two consecutive terms as President.

Ahmadinejad is presently serving his second consecutive term as President.

He cannot run as President in the next elections or be reelected as President in the next elections.

Sherri

Sherri, your answer was spot-on. I said it is western propaganda and you gave the reason that   according to Iranian law he can not run as a President in the next election

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook