Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View How Obama wrecked the economy
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 1:00AM #1
rangerken
Four-Years-of-Obama-Undoes-Eight-Years-of-Reagan

The linked article and graph pretty much says it all.

Comments?

Ken
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 8:20AM #2
TENAC

May 6, 2012 -- 1:00AM, rangerken wrote:

Comments?

Ken

Undeniably.

I posted that exact link in other thread.  I hope it gets more play here. 

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 9:01AM #3
catboxer

Once again, a right-wing author who has no interest in finding the truth, but simply carries water for an agenda, pens an elaborate lie which totally ignores the real-estate crash which occurred in December, 2007, and led to the subsequent Lesser Depression.

He also maintains that the Reagan presidency was an economic success, another lie people with tunnel vision specialize in.

True enough, Obama has done almost nothing to improve the dire economy he inherited, but to say he ruined the successful economy which the Bushes inherited from Reagan is an exercise in think-tank propaganda so tortured, convoluted, bizarre, and at odds with actual history I have to wonder about my fellow Americans.

Faith-based politics is what this is, a faith that causes people to "strain at a gnat and swallow a camel."

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 1:20PM #4
teilhard

"Undoing Eight Years of Reagan" is going to take a long Time, unfortunately ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 1:26PM #5
mainecaptain

May 6, 2012 -- 9:01AM, catboxer wrote:

Once again, a right-wing author who has no interest in finding the truth, but simply carries water for an agenda, pens an elaborate lie which totally ignores the real-estate crash which occurred in December, 2007, and led to the subsequent Lesser Depression.

He also maintains that the Reagan presidency was an economic success, another lie people with tunnel vision specialize in.

True enough, Obama has done almost nothing to improve the dire economy he inherited, but to say he ruined the successful economy which the Bushes inherited from Reagan is an exercise in think-tank propaganda so tortured, convoluted, bizarre, and at odds with actual history I have to wonder about my fellow Americans.

Faith-based politics is what this is, a faith that causes people to "strain at a gnat and swallow a camel."

Needed to be repeated. Funny how much lying seems to be part of the Christian beliefs system.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 1:40PM #6
teilhard

No ... I'm a Christian and I try very hard NOT to lie ...

May 6, 2012 -- 1:26PM, mainecaptain wrote:

May 6, 2012 -- 9:01AM, catboxer wrote:

Needed to be repeated. Funny how much lying seems to be part of the Christian beliefs system.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 2:21PM #7
newsjunkie

Comments?

Ken

So, one graph "explains it all" about how "obama wrecked the economy." I haven't visited this board for a while. Has it turned into the land of simple-minded propaganda?

At the risk of wasting 2 minutes of my time, I will make a couple of comments. The labor force is going to continue to decline as the massive wave of baby-boomer retirements continue. Second, many people have left the work force because the jobs they can get don't pay enough to make it worth it. For example, a family may decide that one spouse who can't find a job that pays more than the cost of child care should just stay home with the young child/children. Wage stagnation and job losses were going on before Obama took office. 

Does Obama deserve some of the blame for the slow recovery, sure. Congress deserves some of the blame. Unfortunately laying blame for the slow recovery doesn't hasten the recovery's pace. It's just a lot of hot air. Both Dems and Repubs do it, and it's pretty shallow and frankly boring. Yet it never stops.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 3:32PM #8
mainecaptain

May 6, 2012 -- 2:21PM, newsjunkie wrote:

Comments?

Ken

So, one graph "explains it all" about how "obama wrecked the economy." I haven't visited this board for a while. Has it turned into the land of simple-minded propaganda?

At the risk of wasting 2 minutes of my time, I will make a couple of comments. The labor force is going to continue to decline as the massive wave of baby-boomer retirements continue. Second, many people have left the work force because the jobs they can get don't pay enough to make it worth it. For example, a family may decide that one spouse who can't find a job that pays more than the cost of child care should just stay home with the young child/children. Wage stagnation and job losses were going on before Obama took office. 

Does Obama deserve some of the blame for the slow recovery, sure. Congress deserves some of the blame. Unfortunately laying blame for the slow recovery doesn't hasten the recovery's pace. It's just a lot of hot air. Both Dems and Repubs do it, and it's pretty shallow and frankly boring. Yet it never stops.

This board has become the hang out of right wing propaganda. And fox "news" talking points for the most part.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 6:47PM #9
Fodaoson

May 6, 2012 -- 3:32PM, mainecaptain wrote:

May 6, 2012 -- 2:21PM, newsjunkie wrote:

Comments?

Ken

This board has become the hang out of right wing propaganda. And fox "news" talking points for the most part.

that about sums it up

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 8:19AM #10
newsjunkie

Thanks mainecaptain and fodaoson. I'll cut my losses at the 2 minutes already wasted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook