Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View "500,000 Monthly Job Growth" Stunted By Reality!
3 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 8:37PM #1
voice-crying

Thanks Mr. Romney for bringing this up; I had no idea!!!

Wouldn't it be funny if it happened again next month, in the middle of a recoveryCool 

500,000 monthly job growth: "13 times, under democrats; 3 under republicans." 

"Since 1939, monthly job growth has exceeded 500,000 a grand total of sixteen times, according to BLS. It's happened only five times since the end of the Eisenhower administration: March 1978, April 1978, September 1983, September 1997, and May 2010.

To put that in perspective, monthly job growth that exceeds 500,000 happens with roughly the same frequency as perfect games in baseball, of which there have been 19 since 1900. (Not an exact comparison, of course, but it illustrates the infrequency.)

The vanishing rarity of such explosive job creation should have been mentioned when reporting Romney's call for sustained growth at that rate." mediamatters

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 05, 2012 - 10:55AM #2
voice-crying

Great Charts:  www.truthfulpolitics.com/http:/truthfulp...

Especially this one:

"David Fiderer in The Huffington Post in September 2008 compared job creation under Democratic and Republican presidential terms. “Since Truman was elected in 1948, 53.2 million new jobs were created during the 24 years when Democrats held The White House, and 38.3 million were created during the 36 years of Republican administrations.”

President Years in Office Millions of Jobs Added
Truman 1949 – 1952 5.2

Eisenhower

1953 – 1956
Kennedy/Johnson 1961 – 1964 5.7
Johnson 1965 – 1968 9.8
Nixon 1969 – 1972 6.1
Nixon/Ford 1972 – 1976 5.2
Carter
1977 – 1980
Reagan 1981 – 1984 5.2
Reagan 1985 – 1988 10.8
Bush 1989 – 1992 2.5
Clinton 1993 – 1996 11.6
Clinton 1997 – 2000 11.5
Bush 2001 – 2004 (0.1)
Bush 2005 – 2008 5.1
"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 05, 2012 - 4:58PM #3
Bodean

VC .. you post this is as if it has any meaning!

As of NOW ... Obama is killing the economy with his social justice crap.  As of NOW he is running up more debt than any other president in history.  As of NOW, the labor force participation is at an all time low.  As of NOW ... this month, we created only 115K jobs, in a market that needs 177K jobs just to keep up with population growth.  We have 15 TRILLION in debt .. NOW .. a third of which is thanks to Mr Obama.

Bash Romney and the GOP all you would like.  Drag up statistics of Democrats who do not even remotely resemble Obama and the modern day Leftist Freaks of the Democrat party today.  It is meaningless.  The Democrats of today do not want to be as their predecessors .. they are much more left than a Clinton, or any other Democrat President.  Even Carter is a right winger compared to the batch of leftists who've highjacked the Democrat Party.

With 4 more years of Obama, we will have doulbled the National Debt .. from 10 Trillion to 20 Trillion ... UNLESS .. the nation puts the GOP in control of both houses so that Obama actually has to cooperate for a change.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 05, 2012 - 9:14PM #4
voice-crying

May 5, 2012 -- 4:58PM, Bodean wrote:

As of NOW ... Obama is killing the economy with his social justice crap.

What "social justice?"

When President Obama took office the economy was in a coma. It has been upgraded to stable.

As of NOW he is running up more debt than any other president in history.

He's the President; he's not congress.

As of NOW, the labor force participation is at an all time low.  As of NOW ... this month, we created only 115K jobs, in a market that needs 177K jobs just to keep up with population growth.  We have 15 TRILLION in debt .. NOW .. a third of which is thanks to Mr Obama.

Do you have any proof that the President is running up the debt? Next he'll be accused of the high gas prices.

Bash Romney and the GOP all you would like.

No one needs to "Bash Romney." No one knows who he is. Will the real Romney please stand up!   

Drag up statistics of Democrats who do not even remotely resemble Obama and the modern day Leftist Freaks of the Democrat party today.  It is meaningless.

The democrats are fellow citizens of the USA.

The Democrats of today do not want to be as their predecessors .. they are much more left than a Clinton, or any other Democrat President.  Even Carter is a right winger compared to the batch of leftists who've highjacked the Democrat Party.

With 4 more years of Obama, we will have doulbled the National Debt .. from 10 Trillion to 20 Trillion ... UNLESS .. the nation puts the GOP in control of both houses so that Obama actually has to cooperate for a change.

If only there were a way we could ask the rich to pay an extra 2% in taxes!

I really don't think...taking away food stamps, and affordable housing from the working poor is the answer to solving the national debt issue. Baby Steps.

We might also consider...lifting the cap on social security deductions from pay checks.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 9:22AM #5
Bodean

May 5, 2012 -- 9:14PM, voice-crying wrote:

As of NOW ... Obama is killing the economy with his social justice crap.

What "social justice?"

When President Obama took office the economy was in a coma. It has been upgraded to stable.

As of NOW he is running up more debt than any other president in history.

He's the President; he's not congress.

As of NOW, the labor force participation is at an all time low.  As of NOW ... this month, we created only 115K jobs, in a market that needs 177K jobs just to keep up with population growth.  We have 15 TRILLION in debt .. NOW .. a third of which is thanks to Mr Obama.

Do you have any proof that the President is running up the debt? Next he'll be accused of the high gas prices.

Bash Romney and the GOP all you would like.

No one needs to "Bash Romney." No one knows who he is. Will the real Romney please stand up!   

Drag up statistics of Democrats who do not even remotely resemble Obama and the modern day Leftist Freaks of the Democrat party today.  It is meaningless.

The democrats are fellow citizens of the USA.

The Democrats of today do not want to be as their predecessors .. they are much more left than a Clinton, or any other Democrat President.  Even Carter is a right winger compared to the batch of leftists who've highjacked the Democrat Party.

If only there were a way we could ask the rich to pay an extra 2% in taxes!

I really don't think...taking away food stamps, and affordable housing from the working poor is the answer to solving the national debt issue. Baby Steps.

We might also consider...lifting the cap on social security deductions from pay checks.  

Exactly what I'm talking about VC.  Social Justice!  If only the rich payed an extra 2%, as if this would even make a dent in what is going on.  It's all the "rich" fault!  Those wasculy rich people who stole our wealth.

Granted .. I agree, the BANKERS .. a bastion of Democrats, have stole our wealth, through the Federal Reserve System, opposed by Jefferson and Jackson.  But with the stacking of the courts, FDR, and other Democrats have been able to side step the Constitution, .. and implement a "perspective" change in the Public Arena ... such that this social justice crap is considered valid.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 6:15PM #6
voice-crying

May 6, 2012 -- 9:22AM, Bodean wrote:

Exactly what I'm talking about VC.  Social Justice!

Look up the meaning of the term: "Social Justice." There has never been any "social justice" in this world, and there won't be any, for a long time.

If only the rich payed an extra 2%, as if this would even make a dent in what is going on.  It's all the "rich" fault!  Those wasculy rich people who stole our wealth.

Actually it would make: "a dent."

There are many good rich people and then there are those who aren't worth their weight. I drove by a bus stop one day and saw a young woman with two small children in a snow storm waiting for a bus; I didn't stop to give them a ride...I was headed to work in the other direction (I probably wouldn't have stopped if I had been going their way) shame on me.

Good: health, family, character, back scratchers and morals are the definition of: rich.

Granted .. I agree, the BANKERS .. a bastion of Democrats, have stole our wealth, through the Federal Reserve System, opposed by Jefferson and Jackson.  But with the stacking of the courts, FDR, and other Democrats have been able to side step the Constitution, .. and implement a "perspective" change in the Public Arena ... such that this social justice crap is considered valid.

FDR had nothing to do with the 2000 election or the supreme court giving the presidency to GWB.

Let's just hope that the next election will be won or lost based on truth and fairness; not, voter suppression or lies.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 6:36PM #7
TENAC

May 6, 2012 -- 6:15PM, voice-crying wrote:

Exactly what I'm talking about VC.  Social Justice!

Look up the meaning of the term: "Social Justice." There has never been any "social justice" in this world, and there won't be any, for a long time.

If only the rich payed an extra 2%, as if this would even make a dent in what is going on.  It's all the "rich" fault!  Those wasculy rich people who stole our wealth.

Actually it would make: "a dent."

You could not tax the rich 50% and cover obama's deficits for one year.

There are many good rich people and then there are those who aren't worth their weight. I drove by a bus stop one day and saw a young woman with two small children in a snow storm waiting for a bus; I didn't stop to give them a ride...I was headed to work in the other direction (I probably wouldn't have stopped if I had been going their way) shame on me.

Good: health, family, character, back scratchers and morals are the definition of: rich.

Why should it matter if someone is rich who is not worth their weight (Michael Moore comes to mind)?  So someone should judge to see who is worthy to be rich and if deemed unworthy take it from them? 

The two small children with their mom.  You are showing us the precise example of how liberals look at charity.  No doubt you feel the govt should provide their transportation or certainly do something about the weather.  Either way it is not for you to extend a personal hand to help.  Statistics will show you the person to stop and help them is more than likely a conservative.

Sure their are a lot of definitions rich.  But if it cant be taken away by govt and given to someone else, you're not interested.

BUT, based on YOUR definition, you would be........poor? (back scratchers threw me though).

FDR had nothing to do with the 2000 election or the supreme court giving the presidency to GWB.

Let's just hope that the next election will be won or lost based on truth and fairness; not, voter suppression or lies.

Truth.  And you found that in barrak obama, 2007?  Or found that forward in his rhetoric he has maintained truth since?

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 6:55PM #8
voice-crying

Tenac,

I don't have any idea what your post is saying.

But: the word: "forward." means that the work is not done, and we don't want to go back to the Bush area that Romney says he wants to take us back to...that would be: backward.

Many more hils and valleys to cross; many more roads to pave; many more tea people to remove from congress and many more waterloos to splash. Forward we go sounding the alarm of hope.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 7:01PM #9
TENAC

May 6, 2012 -- 6:55PM, voice-crying wrote:

Tenac,

But: the word: "forward." means that the work is not done, and we don't want to go back to the Bush area that Romney says he wants to take us back to...that would be: backward.

Many more hils and valleys to cross; many more roads to pave; many more tea people to remove from congress and many more waterloos to splash. Forward we go sounding the alarm of hope.  

Based on where obama has "led" us, I would gladly go back to gas prices, unemployment numbers, GDP growth, debt and deficits of the Bush era, particularly if I could go back before the democrats took over congress in 2007.

The worst statement made by GWBush in eight years,

"I must violate free market principles to save the free market."

The most assinine statement I have ever heard, and cooperatively with obama has put us where we are.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 7:49PM #10
Bodean

May 6, 2012 -- 6:55PM, voice-crying wrote:

Tenac,

VC ... it is because you are a political lightweight that you don't see that the GWB years .. the Obama Years .. the Clinton Years, Bush I, Reagan, Carter, Nixon Ford, LBJ, etc etc ... all the way back to FDR, in fact all the way back to Wilson ... were ALL the product of us moving towards a LIBERAL SOCIETY!!  A society dominated by Central Planning ... Collectivism! The few times that we've prospered have been in SPITE of our ever evolving Liberal Government, or because of their meddling around causing bubbles, like the stock bubble of the 20s, and the Housing Bubble of late.

Line it all up VC ... S.S., Fannie Mae and Freddie, National Education, Medicare/Medicaid, the CRA, Reagan's rasing the S.S, Clinton's Housing Initiative, GWB's Medicare Part D, Obama's Obamacare, and rabid environmentalism .... ALL of this is LEFTIST!

Though I know we can't turn back time .... I really wish Al Gore would have won in 2000.  We would be sitting exactly where we are today .. if not worse.  BECAUSE .. it would not have mattered. .. gwb .. algore .. it wouldn't have mattered.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook