Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Hate Speech in Gaza and the West Bank
3 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 7:08AM #1
JAstor

The Palestinian communities in Gaza and the West Bank draw hate speech from the Palestinian Authority and Hamas. As one Israeli put it:

The Palestinians do not draw their hatred for Israel from the soldier at the checkpoint. That's my own opinion, of course. They take in the hatred from Palestinian Authority and Hamas TV, where Jews are compared to monkeys and pigs worthy of death. They get the hatred from incitement at mosques, schools, and the photos of martyrs adorning every wall and square in Judea and Samaria cities.

They draw the motivation to hate from Palestinian cultural icons, Marwan Barghouti and mass murderer Yasser Arafat. They are inspired by squares and soccer stadiums named after terrorists; years of incitement and dehumanization of Israel are having their effect.

Moderated by Merope on May 04, 2012 - 09:17AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 9:51AM #2
rocketjsquirell

It is true. This type of indoctrination is one of the major impediments to peace. When you are taught to hate as a child you grow up to become an adult who hates. When you are taught not to compromise as a child you grow up to become an adult who will not compromise. When you are taught to glorify murder as a child you grow up to become an adult who glorifies murder.When you are taught as a child to consider others a lesser than you grow up to be an adult who considers others as being lesser.

There is no excuse for the conduct of the PA and other Arab Palestinian representative organization in this regard. There is no excuse for the conduct of Arab governments who engage in this same type of activities.  However, the "International Community" always either ignores or excuses these actions. 

The conduct of the PA and other Arab Palestinian representative organization in this regard prevents the implementation of the two state solution and the establishment of yet another "Palestinian" state. For those who yearn for a so called bi-national state, it also prevents any hope of that as well. Which leads me to wonder, why do so many of  those who support either or both of these two proposed resolutions fail to speak out and condemn it?

Moderated by Merope on May 04, 2012 - 09:57AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 3:55PM #3
JAstor

It should be pointed out that the type of hatred we are talking about in Arabic culture and Islamic culture. I don't mean all Arabs and Muslims. But most of this hatred is getting expressed with quotes from the Quran as well as justification for such.

It's a real shame because there have always been and still are many Arabs and Muslims who represent their culture/religion wonderfully. This escalating development is a stain on their legacies akin to the stain that European anti-Semitism was a stain on European culture and Christianity. 

I do hope they can turn it around. Time is running out. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 10:27AM #4
Dostojevsky

'It is true. This type of indoctrination is one of the major impediments to peace. When you are taught to hate as a child you grow up to become an adult who hates. When you are taught not to compromise as a child you grow up to become adult who will not compromise'.

What kind of things should a child in Palestine be taught?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 12:19PM #5
rocketjsquirell

Dos

Arab Palestinian children should be taught the same thing other children are taught.

What is hateful unto you, do not do unto your neighbor.

act responsibly

be respectful of others

be kind to others

seek peace

value life

see the good in others

play nicely with others

etc...

didn't you go to kindergarten?

If you didn;t or you forgot, try this

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

www.amazon.com/Really-Need-Know-Learned-...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 12:44PM #6
rocketjsquirell

Arab Palestinian Children SHOULD NOT be taught to destroy Israel, kill Jews, etc.. but that is what their parents, teachers and thier political leaders force them to learn.

PA Cartoons for Children: Destroy Israel
The Palestinian Authority provides parents with cartoons to teach children to destroy Israel, although Abbas denies charges of incitement.
The Palestinian Authority provides parents with cartoons that teach children to destroy Israel, even though PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas has said that evidence of incitement against Israel is outdated.

The Palestine Media Watch (PMW) has published and translated a recent article from the official Palestinian Authority daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadida,   complete with a cartoon of a mother saying to her children, under the word “Palestine,” “This is your bride...When you grow up you will know the dowry."

The cartoon includes a map showing that all of Israel is Palestinian Authority territory.
. . .

full article:

www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.asp...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 1:30PM #7
Miraj

Hatred isn't a one way street.  Palestinian children in Israel learn that they have no history of their own; that only the Zionist revisionist point of view has validity.  

Tinderbox in Israel

Discrimination against Palestinians in the country is reaching frightening levels. 

. . .

Relations between Jewish and Arab citizens of Israel are worsening.  According to Shalom Dichter, executive director of Hand in Hand: Center for Jewish-Arab Education in Israel, “a harsh stream of ugly racism seems to dominate public debate.”  One phrase I heard over and over on a recent trip to Israel was, “It’s a tinderbox.”

Under the current government—the most right-wing in Israel’s history—a flood of new legislation has targeted Palestinian citizens. The ban on family unification— making it virtually impossible for Israeli Arabs to marry non-Israelis—is just part of a pattern of tightening restrictions on the Arab minority.

Over the past year, for example, the Knesset has passed:     

• the Naqba Law, fining any organization that openly marks Israel’s Independence Day as a day of mourning. The Naqba (Catastrophe) is how Palestinians remember the loss of their lands and homes in 1948. Palestinians remember the Naqba the way Jews remember the Holocaust, and to make it illegal to mark the day is their equivalent of Holocaust denial.
  • the Boycott Law, limiting the freedom to call for a boycott of any Israeli entity;
  • the anti-infiltration law, which mandates long incarceration without trial for human rights activists who help asylum seekers and refugees;
  • a law that makes it possible to strip Israeli citizenship for alleged “disloyalty” to the state, or “breach of trust,” an indirect threat to the citizenship rights of Palestinians.

In addition, at least 20 other repressive bills are under discussion in the Knesset. They include a bill that would allow libel suits and even criminal charges to be filed against anyone who speaks ill of the State of Israel or its authorities and a bill that would enable the Knesset to veto appointments of Supreme Court justices, a move that would curb the independence of an entity that has been the principal protector of human rights and civil liberties in the country.

. . . 

At one panel, a man protested that the Arabs in Israel still had it better than their cousins in the Arab countries of the Middle East.

“The day when Israel compares itself with Iraq and Saudi Arabia and other Arab dictatorships we’re in deep trouble,” replied Nahshon, to applause.

That last part sounds familar . . . Just sayin'

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 2:07PM #8
rocketjsquirell

Miraj

That's a nice pack of lies, mis-statements and mis-characterizations.  Congrats.

Moderated by Miraj on May 07, 2012 - 02:45PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 2:50PM #9
Miraj

Please elaborate Smile

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 1:48PM #10
rocketjsquirell

Teach your Children well

PA TV to kids: Christians and Jews are inferior, cowardly and despised

During a PA TV children's program a girl recites a poem that includes glorification of violence and insults to Christians and Jews.

Transcript:
PA TV host: "You are going to recite a poem, which also teaches us responsibility and belonging."
Girl: "... The occupier stole my land and my grandfathers' land...
Where is your sword, Khaled (Arab warrior)?
Where is your courage, Saladin (Muslim conqueror)?
But no one answered me.
Where is my weapon? I found it - a stone. I took it and threw it at the enemies of destiny. I taught the world that the Muslim in the name of Allah cannot be defeated...
They challenge us with the White House, and we challenge them with the [Islamic] awakening and the Kaaba [in Mecca]. They aren't stronger than Khosrau and Caesar (rulers of Persian and Byzantine Empires).
They [Christians and Jews] are inferior and smaller, more cowardly and despised. They are remnants of the [Christian] crusaders and Khaibar (i.e., Jewish village destroyed by Muslims in 629)...
Oh Muslims of the world: Awaken, you have slept too long.
Your fathers and your sons are being massacred, your Al-Aqsa [Mosque] is defiled and destroyed."
Host: "Bravo! Applause for our friend Lara."

PA TV (Fatah), May 11, 2012

see the video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq2P4e1acXM&feat...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook