Switch to Forum Live View More Foreign Policy Mishaps
3 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 8:44PM #1
TENAC
Foreign policy is more than approving a plan for the Navy SEALS to carry out.

I think the Chen issue continues to show incompetence or a lack of knowing what to do.  It seems the administration cannot anticipate.  Anything.

Chen, China and America

Watch and wait as the country that is financing obama's spending treats the US as its bitch.
Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 9:25PM #2
TENAC

More....

Obama under fire over collapse of Chen deal

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 10:19PM #3
teilhard

That's right ...

Had President O'Bama just used The Crystal Ball in The Oval Office, he would have KNOWN that the Dissident Guy was going to *change*his*Mind* about staying in China and/or that The Chinese Government would default on any Arrangements ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 10:31PM #4
TENAC

This is typical obama MO.

No statement.

No policy.

Maybe it will just go away.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 9:11AM #5
Jasr

May 3, 2012 -- 10:31PM, TENAC wrote:

No statement.

No policy.

Anything the president said publicly would make the situation worse. And I'm not talking about the situation of one dissident. I'm talking about the trade barriers Clinton was sent to China to negotiate.

This thing is being addressed behind the scenes, where it should be.

The latest is that Chen might be allowed to travel to the US with his family for a university fellowship. The Chinese save face, the Americans save the talks (and potentially hundreds of thousands of US jobs over the long term) and Chen and his family are safe.

But if that happens I'm quite sure you will find something else to bellyache about.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 9:27AM #6
mecdukebec

May 4, 2012 -- 9:11AM, Jasr wrote:

May 3, 2012 -- 10:31PM, TENAC wrote:

No statement.

No policy.

Anything the president said publicly would make the situation worse. And I'm not talking about the situation of one dissident. I'm talking about the trade barriers Clinton was sent to China to negotiate.

This thing is being addressed behind the scenes, where it should be.

The latest is that Chen might be allowed to travel to the US with his family for a university fellowship. The Chinese save face, the Americans save the talks (and potentially hundreds of thousands of US jobs over the long term) and Chen and his family are safe.

But if that happens I'm quite sure you will find something else to bellyache about.

I saw that, too, i.e. that China says prominent dissident Chen Guangcheng can apply to study abroad, potentially indicating a way out of the diplomatic crisis with the US over him.  In fact, a Chinese foreign ministry statement said Mr Chen could "apply through normal channels in accordance with the law".

I'm not sure what Wingoism can do wth "normal channels," but that being said, American Wingoism, at this juncture, is beginning to sound rather like North Korean Wingoism, i.e. bat shit Wingy. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 12:18PM #7
Find1Answer

Romney was whining about Obama's lack in this situation as well,  prolly where T got his talking points.    

Jon Huntsman who was a fine governor and China ambassador has always called Romney out on his short sightedness and seemingly clueless grasp of foreign policy in regards to China.    

I know why Romney is making clueless statements to his clueless base but I wonder if T is not Jeannie of I dream of Jeannie fame.    You know a problem or situation crops up and with a twitch of the nose it's all fixed.    otherwise you are just a cheap empty suit.      The Chen situation could not be solved in 24 or 48 and the State Dept with T's new heroine Hilliary Clinton are the ones that are supposed to deal and speak of this matter.

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 1:00PM #8
teilhard

It's not even The "Monday Morning Quarterback," but the "Sitting-in-Front-of-the-TV 'Would Be Quarterback',"  who if only given the Chance would score a Touchdown with EVERY Play in every Game All-the-Way to The Super-Duper Bowl ... every Year ...

It's like that ...

May 4, 2012 -- 12:18PM, Find1Answer wrote:

Romney was whining about Obama's lack in this situation as well,  prolly where T got his talking points.    

Jon Huntsman who was a fine governor and China ambassador has always called Romney out on his short sightedness and seemingly clueless grasp of foreign policy in regards to China.    

I know why Romney is making clueless statements to his clueless base but I wonder if T is not Jeannie of I dream of Jeannie fame.    You know a problem or situation crops up and with a twitch of the nose it's all fixed.    otherwise you are just a cheap empty suit.      The Chen situation could not be solved in 24 or 48 and the State Dept with T's new heroine Hilliary Clinton are the ones that are supposed to deal and speak of this matter.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 1:41PM #9
mecdukebec

May 4, 2012 -- 12:18PM, Find1Answer wrote:

Well, Wingoism certainly believed, upon allegation, faith, and a bright-rainbow dream of a new tomorrow, that a little invasion, a little death, and little doggone-it-you-know-it good-ole-elbow-grease, that an invasion of Iraq would secure those evil WMDs and make it into a show-piece of American Christianity, free enterprise and a pinch of salt in the Iranaians' noses.  -- You bettcha!

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook