Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Here's how we could save $4 billion a year
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 7:59AM #21
amcolph

May 3, 2012 -- 10:43PM, Bodean wrote:

May 3, 2012 -- 4:48PM, amcolph wrote:

May 3, 2012 -- 3:36PM, Bodean wrote:

Add that $4 Billion to the $8 Billion spent on free cell phones in SSI ...

We're up to a 12 Billion cut.

Let's see just how many billions we can cut without touching the Big Entitlements and Military.

Eight billion for cell phones?  You've got a source for that?

www.marketwire.com/press-release/Everybo...

I mean .. you really don't think I make this stuff up do you??

Well, you are a Conservative, so one never knows. 

In any case, I took you to mean Eight billion per year (mistakenly, it seems) which struck me as unlikely.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 12:23PM #22
Girlchristian

May 3, 2012 -- 4:39PM, SecondSonOfDavid wrote:

May 3, 2012 -- 4:17PM, Cesmom wrote:

1 -- All Americans, whether legal or illegal, who earn income are required by law to file taxes, but doing so requires having a social security number which illegal immigrants aren’t supposed to have. The IRS remedied this by created the individual taxpayer identification number.

Are you seriously claiming that the IRS created identificaiton numbers specifically to be used by people ineligible to work here?

According to the NYTimes, the child tax credit doesn't require a SS number to receive it and the report of illegal immigrants receiving the credit came from a gov't report.

Here is additional information the center for immigration studies, www.cis.org/child-tax-credits-2011.

The July 7, 2011, report of the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration provides summary data from IRS tax returns that show illegal immigrants collected far more in dollars from the IRS than they paid in federal income taxes for each year in the period of 2005-2010, the total six-year net benefit amounting to about $7.3 billion.

An illegal immigrant cannot qualify for a legitimate Social Security number to use to file income tax returns or for any other purpose. However, the IRS allows illegal immigrants to apply for a nine-digit Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) to be used to file federal income tax returns, and all but a small minority of returns filed with ITINs are filed by illegal immigrants.3

Using Table 1, it can be seen that for the 2010 processing year more than three million returns were filed with ITINs. Of these, 2.3 million paid no federal income taxes and collected an aggregate of $4 billion4 from the Treasury in refundable tax credit money from the ACTC. Of those who did not file for the ACTC, most used the CTC to reduce or eliminate their tax liability and thereby recover all or part of any federal income tax money withheld by employers. Of all of the 2010 ITIN filers, fewer than one-quarter paid any federal income taxes, which amounted to about $0.87 billion in total. Thus, on a net basis, ITIN filers gained $3.13 billion ($4.0 billion minus $0.87 billion) from the IRS in the 2010 processing year.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 1:25PM #23
Ed.W

May 4, 2012 -- 7:59AM, amcolph wrote:

May 3, 2012 -- 10:43PM, Bodean wrote:

May 3, 2012 -- 4:48PM, amcolph wrote:

May 3, 2012 -- 3:36PM, Bodean wrote:

Add that $4 Billion to the $8 Billion spent on free cell phones in SSI ...

We're up to a 12 Billion cut.

Let's see just how many billions we can cut without touching the Big Entitlements and Military.

Eight billion for cell phones?  You've got a source for that?

www.marketwire.com/press-release/Everybo...

I mean .. you really don't think I make this stuff up do you??

Well, you are a Conservative, so one never knows. 

In any case, I took you to mean Eight billion per year (mistakenly, it seems) which struck me as unlikely.

It's probably a line item on your phone bill.  Of course I'm sure some bureaucracy extracts any necessary adminstration costs from the fund. 

Yes right here, line #6:  Federal Universal Service Fee:  $1.15

That's my landline, here on my cell bill, line #9, Federal Universal service charge: $2.32

That's $3.47 a month I pay so they can talk to their homies. 

So they can call 911, even if their phone is otherwise turned off, I pay per month:  Line #10, Emergency 911 Service: $0.63

Currently, all telecommunications companies that provide service between states, including long distance companies, local telephone companies, wireless telephone companies, paging companies, and payphone providers, are required to contribute to the federal Universal Service Fund. Carriers providing international services also must contribute to the Universal Service Fund. Since an FCC order released in June 2006, providers of VoIP services are obligated to contribute as well.

Telecommunications companies pay contributions into one central fund. The USAC makes payments from this central fund to support the four Universal Service Fund programs. The FCC does not require companies to charge their customers for these contributions - this funding decision is left up to the individual companies.[17]

*They/their refers to anyone making use of these "free" phones, or having a phone with no working plan, wireless or landline, that of course may still access 911.

Have you got anything I can sink my teeth into?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook