Switch to Forum Live View My new hero - Shep Smith
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 1:00PM #1
Erey
I think I will start watching the news again if I can get more commentary like his.  He is full of these zingers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuF03PTNpp8&feat...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 2:56PM #2
Ironhold

In this case, it might just be that Romney is trying to forgive Gingrich his assorted sins, much like he seems to want to try and forgive Perry and Santorum. Remember, anti-Mormon rhetoric flew hard and fast in the early days, and so perhaps this is Romney's way of trying to be the better man.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 3:19PM #3
Erey

Yes he is trying to be nice and a better man and all that but it is also sort of crazy unbelievable.  I am not really talking about Romney here but Shep Smith is hilarious and sort of brave in this crazy world.  He has lots of these kind of deadpan address the camera comments.  Not a Gingrich fan. 

He also sort of goes off on Joe the Plummer and Glen Beck too. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 5:23PM #4
Cesmom

Nice...the guy is very witty...thanks for sharing

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 6:28PM #5
Druac

ROFL...that it is Shep! ;)

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 7:13PM #6
Erey

OK, back to Romney.  Why would he just say such an untruth?  Why not just say something like "WEll he ran a great campaign, he will remain an important part of the party and I am glad to have his support"   

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 7:25PM #7
Druac

May 3, 2012 -- 7:13PM, Erey wrote:

OK, back to Romney.  Why would he just say such an untruth?  Why not just say something like "WEll he ran a great campaign, he will remain an important part of the party and I am glad to have his support"   

Because he said it for those voters that he hopes come from Newt's camp to his, not for Newt's benefit or to be "nice"...purely a political calculation.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook