Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Muhammad Abu Shahala - Arab Palestinian facing execution for selling his property
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 10:52AM #1
rocketjsquirell
Posts: 15,957


How can anyone support a death sentence for selling one's house to someone of a different ethnicity? I do not care where you stand on the political issues in the middle east, how can anyone support this?

There is almost no media attention being paid to the case of Muhammad Abu Shahala, since the media is to busy accusing Israel of everything under the sun to worry about actual human rights infringements.  And, of course, there is the unstated bias which requires that we hold Arab Palestinians to no standard of behavior whatsoever.
 
The day after this death sentence was handed down President Obama released aid to the PA that the US had been holding up. It appears that there is absolutely no pressure from the western governments to stop the execution. (As there would be if Israel had such a retrograde law and the death penalty)

No matter how one feels about the issues in the region, under no circumstances should anyone be sentenced to death for selling their house to the highest bidder.

Would some one please explain to me why the world and particularly the Arab Palestinian world thinks that this is o.k.?

Would some one please explain to me how a prohibition against selling ones house to a Jew is not an apartheid policy?

Would some one please explain to me why this kind of behavior on the part of the PA is not considered an impediment to peace?  

Moderated by Merope on May 03, 2012 - 12:11PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 11:23PM #2
JAstor
Posts: 3,957

May 3, 2012 -- 10:52AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:



How can anyone support a death sentence for selling one's house to someone of a different ethnicity? I do not care where you stand on the political issues in the middle east, how can anyone support this?

There is almost no media attention being paid to the case of Muhammad Abu Shahala, since the media is to busy accusing Israel of everything under the sun to worry about actual human rights infringements.  And, of course, there is the unstated bias which requires that we hold Arab Palestinians to no standard of behavior whatsoever.
 
The day after this death sentence was handed down President Obama released aid to the PA that the US had been holding up. It appears that there is absolutely no pressure from the western governments to stop the execution. (As there would be if Israel had such a retrograde law and the death penalty)

No matter how one feels about the issues in the region, under no circumstances should anyone be sentenced to death for selling their house to the highest bidder.

Would some one please explain to me why the world and particularly the Arab Palestinian world thinks that this is o.k.?

Would some one please explain to me how a prohibition against selling ones house to a Jew is not an apartheid policy?

Would some one please explain to me why this kind of behavior on the part of the PA is not considered an impediment to peace?  




There's a double standard. And the religion of political correctness is letting people literally get away with murder. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 2:39PM #3
BDboy
Posts: 5,560

May 3, 2012 -- 10:52AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:



How can anyone support a death sentence for selling one's house to someone of a different ethnicity? I do not care where you stand on the political issues in the middle east, how can anyone support this?

There is almost no media attention being paid to the case of Muhammad Abu Shahala, since the media is to busy accusing Israel of everything under the sun to worry about actual human rights infringements.  And, of course, there is the unstated bias which requires that we hold Arab Palestinians to no standard of behavior whatsoever.
 
The day after this death sentence was handed down President Obama released aid to the PA that the US had been holding up. It appears that there is absolutely no pressure from the western governments to stop the execution. (As there would be if Israel had such a retrograde law and the death penalty)

No matter how one feels about the issues in the region, under no circumstances should anyone be sentenced to death for selling their house to the highest bidder.

Would some one please explain to me why the world and particularly the Arab Palestinian world thinks that this is o.k.?

Would some one please explain to me how a prohibition against selling ones house to a Jew is not an apartheid policy?

Would some one please explain to me why this kind of behavior on the part of the PA is not considered an impediment to peace?  




>>>>>>>>>>> I do not know enough to tell you anything about it. I know Palestinians are very sensitive about selling any land in city of Jerusalem. Because they "Lost" a lot of land with different excuses to non-Muslim population who are trying deny their religious rights on holy masjid of Islam.


Where is the "Land" in Israel/Palestine?


Can a Muslim buy back such land whenever he wants? Do any Arabs have "Right of return" on their ancestral land?


Appreciate your explanation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 4:35PM #4
rocketjsquirell
Posts: 15,957

BDboy


No one is denying Muslims their religious rights or freedoms in Jerusalem or any place else in Israel.

Moderated by Merope on May 08, 2012 - 08:25PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 4:32AM #5
NahumS
Posts: 1,759

Muslims and Arabs are free to be sensitive. I have my sensitivities as well, and we all have to right to sell or not sell our property to whom we wish. That is besides the point.


The issue is a law that prohibits sale to Jews -and punishes one who does so with death.


This law shows the true face of Palestinian nationalism and their desire for peace.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 5:14AM #6
BDboy
Posts: 5,560

May 6, 2012 -- 4:32AM, NahumS wrote:


Muslims and Arabs are free to be sensitive. I have my sensitivities as well, and we all have to right to sell or not sell our property to whom we wish. That is besides the point.


The issue is a law that prohibits sale to Jews -and punishes one who does so with death.


This law shows the true face of Palestinian nationalism and their desire for peace.




 


>>>>>>>> If you are talking about Kansas, USA, I would have told you there is NO way to punish someone for selling or buying property.


But in the "Holy land" things are NOT what they seem from outside. While I do not support such penalty for selling land to someone, I think there is MORE to this story.


I have met a tons of Jewish people and Palestinians as well. Most of them are like rest of us. There are reason why people in the "Holy land" act like crazy people. From our discussion, I found out that lot of "Jewish crazies" are results of holocaust and years of persecution in Europe and Palestinian crazies are traumatized by losing their land to Israel and they feel they are sinking in false promises from Israeli leaderships. So they overreact. No denying of that fact!!


I always tell my friends I had many good memories while doing business with Jewish people and warm memories of Arab hospitality. So at person level I have seen many positives in both people. Just wished they figured out a way to settle main issues in the holy land.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 5:44AM #7
habesor
Posts: 5,660

BDBoy,


The problem with your analysis is that if it was the State of Israel which had a law that said Jews selling land to Arabs would be punished by death, you would be screaming about apartheid, racism or some other evil ism. However, with the Palestinians,these sorts of things for you are just a bunch of good old boys blowing off some steam. The continued application of double standards, along with the misstatement of facts is becoming quite obvious to all. 


Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 6:21AM #8
BDboy
Posts: 5,560

May 6, 2012 -- 5:44AM, habesor wrote:


BDBoy,


The problem with your analysis is that if it was the State of Israel which had a law that said Jews selling land to Arabs would be punished by death, you would be screaming about apartheid, racism or some other evil ism. However, with the Palestinians,these sorts of things for you are just a bunch of good old boys blowing off some steam. The continued application of double standards, along with the misstatement of facts is becoming quite obvious to all. 


Habesor




 


>>>>>>>>> If this happened in a functioning Palestinian state, I would have said pretty ugly stuff about them too.


Maybe I did not make myself clear in my earlier post.


I donot support this idea of punishing people for selling land but in ME, you cannot read the text without CONTEXT. Because the news (At least the way it was presented to us!) contradicts my own experience with Palestinians.


Unless someone is traumatized,they do NOT act this way. Which also means it is not "Normal".


Now if Israel had this law (There are many incidents where Rabbis are preaching this to their flocks and current administration don't do much about it), I would have reacted as you predicted. I would acted the SAME way if a functioning Palestinian state done this against Jews.


I am not shy to embarras many Arabs by talking about how Kurds are being treated but I do not talk about it here. I do not cut corners in human rights issues. Because it is an order from the holy Qur'an to establish justice and practice fairness with ALL people.


[ Source: Al Qur'an 5:8]


:-)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 1:56PM #9
rocketjsquirell
Posts: 15,957

BDboy


Excuse me while I try to stop laughing.


The Palestinian State is functioning enough to kill the man for selling his property. That is all there is to it. The PA is a racist, apartheid entity. Until you admit it and speak out about it, no one should believe a word you say about desire to live in peace. 


As I replied to Miraj on another thread:


If non-Jewish Arabs can live within Israel WHY CAN'T Jews live in an eventual Arab Palestinian State?


There are a few words which describe the argument that Jews can not live in areas which may become an eventual Arab Palestinian State RACIST, ANTI-SEMITIC, APARTHEID all come to mind.


So which side are you on BDboy? The racists, as is implied by your posts, or those who wish to see peace and prosperity for all peoples regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, etc...?  


Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 1:10AM #10
habesor
Posts: 5,660

BDBoy,


In truth I am continually impressed with the creativity used to whitewash Palestinian actions. This is no exception.


Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook