Switch to Forum Live View Poll shows big Likud lead as Sept. elections seem likely
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 6:45PM #1
rocketjsquirell
For those of you who were hoping new elections would bring a new PM in Israel, it does not look like you will get your wish. As far as I am concerned , if you want the "peace process" to have a chance of success, sticking with Bibi, for all his many faults, is probably the best bet. It just takes too long to break in new people. (The same argument can be made for keeping Pres. Obama, but I like Obama a lot more than I like Bibi)

Poll shows big Likud lead as Sept. elections seem likely
By LAHAV HARKOV
05/03/2012 01:00
Dahaf poll shows Netanyahu, Likud leading with 31 seats, Mofaz and Kadima dropping to 10; 62 % of Israelis do not think an election is necessary; Knesset legal adviser says early vote would extend "Tal Law" 6-8 months.

. . .

The Likud would have 31 seats in the next Knesset, with Kadima dropping from largest to fifth-largest faction at only 10 seats, a Dahaf Institute poll sponsored by the Knesset Channel showed Wednesday.
According to the poll, Labor will be the second-largest faction with 17 seats, followed by Yisrael Beytenu with 13 and Yair Lapid’s Yesh Atid party with 12.

In addition, 62 percent of Israelis do not think an election is necessary, and only 27% say an early vote would be for the good of the country.
. . .
 full article:
www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPolitics/Artic...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 8:50PM #2
Miraj

The only thing I like about Obama is that he doesn't like Bibi lol.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 9:32PM #3
rocketjsquirell

Well then there is one less thing you like about President Obama, He and Bibi have had something of an agreement of the minds.

Moderated by Merope on May 02, 2012 - 10:09PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 11:24PM #4
Miraj

May 2, 2012 -- 9:32PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Well then there is one less thing you like about President Obama, He and Bibi have had something of an agreement of the minds.

That'll last until November 6, 2012.  Obama has never liked Bibi, but he's a great poser.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 9:22AM #5
rocketjsquirell

In that case you should love President Obama.

Moderated by Miraj on May 03, 2012 - 12:39PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 11:35PM #6
habesor

Just a note about the OP. 

Polls of the Israeli electorate taken several months in advance of the election itself, have proven to be very poor predictors of the actual election results. I would suggest that up until about a week before the lections, one should take the poll results with a large grain of salt.

Habesor 

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 6:43AM #7
BDboy

May 2, 2012 -- 9:32PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>> In election years, ALL US presidents and candidates have "agreement of the minds" with Israeli PMs. It became an US "Tradition". Even Bush sr ( Whom I liked) was 'Forced" to change his policies regarding "Settlements" in Palestinian land in Election year. He wanted to stop aid to Israel until he changed his views on settlement issue.

But there is an end to every good thing in life. In this day of information, average people have more access to information and they started to ask questions about this. I am hopeful that, in near future there will be  good discussions on this and people will make right choices.

At the end of the day, politicians have to reflect views of voting population. I have faith in goodness of common Americans and common Israeli people. In time they will opt for peace and security.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 4:49PM #8
BDboy

Guess Kadima and Lekud and joining hands to get more votes during next election. An assult on liberal parties.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 5:03PM #9
rocketjsquirell

BDboy

The new coalition was formed for a number of reasons, not least of which was to be able to allow the Israeli government to more easily deal with a number of persistent problems, both foreign and domestic and of which you complain bitterly. Look at it as a golden time in which at least some of your complaints are likely to be addressed. My guess is that you will be pleased with the results, although you may be loathe to admit it. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook