Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Israel's Continued Independence Rests On Palestinian Independence
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 4:59PM #1
KindredSai
www.huffingtonpost.com/alon-benmeir/isra...

The Palestinian right for a State is as equal to the Israeli.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 5:01PM #2
browbeaten

May 2, 2012 -- 4:59PM, KindredSai wrote:

www.huffingtonpost.com/alon-benmeir/isra...

The Palestinian right for a State is as equal to the Israeli.

Malarkey.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 5:31PM #3
rocketjsquirell

Brow

Malarkey is much to nice a word

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 8:48PM #4
Miraj

Good op-ed, KS.  It makes a lot of great points to consider.  More and more folks are seeing a binational state on the horizon,  whether they like it or not.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 2:42PM #5
BDboy

May 2, 2012 -- 5:31PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Brow

Malarkey is much to nice a word

>>>>>>>> So you don't want them(Palestinians) to have a "Home" anytime soon?  Frown

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 4:38PM #6
rocketjsquirell

BDboy

Unlike you I support the creation of yet another Palestinian state, even though doing so requires Israel to cede a portion of its territory to those who are undeserving and who already have at least two Palestinian states to call "home". 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 9:42AM #7
KindredSai

May 4, 2012 -- 4:38PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

BDboy

Unlike you I support the creation of yet another Palestinian state, even though doing so requires Israel to cede a portion of its territory to those who are undeserving and who already have at least two Palestinian states to call "home". 

I don't believe that until you believe in the halt of settlements or the illegality of them.

The 2 State solutions rests on the basis that Israel ceases settlement expansion or you'll get a Palestinian State that looks like Swiss Cheese and will not be viable, will collapse and will be highly threatening to Israel.

Unlike you Rocket, I want Israeli schoolchildren to go to schools in peace, I want Palestinian farmers to live in peace. Having the stable conditions for a 2 State solution will only achieve that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 10:01AM #8
Miraj

It's too late for a two state solution.  The current government's support for Jewish settlement in the West Bank bars that.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 1:50PM #9
rocketjsquirell

Miraj

If non-Jewish Arabs can live within Israel WHY CAN'T Jews live in an eventual Arab Palestinian State?

There are a few words which describe the argument that Jews can not live in areas which may become an eventual Arab PAlestinian Srtate RACIST, ANTI-SEMITIC, APARTHEID all come to mind.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 2:33PM #10
Miraj

May 6, 2012 -- 1:50PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Miraj

If non-Jewish Arabs can live within Israel WHY CAN'T Jews live in an eventual Arab Palestinian State?

There are a few words which describe the argument that Jews can not live in areas which may become an eventual Arab PAlestinian Srtate RACIST, ANTI-SEMITIC, APARTHEID all come to mind.

I don't believe there will be a separate Palestinian state.  As you know, I believe there will be one state that absorbs Gaza and the WB due to the settlement policies of the Israeli government, the inability to legitimately continue the occupation and the lack of will to negotiate in good faith.  The resulting state will force Jews and Arabs to live together in peace.  I look forward to that Laughing

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook