Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Economy Slowing; Recovery A Mirage?
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 3:21PM #21
Fodaoson

May 3, 2012 -- 1:18PM, SecondSonOfDavid wrote:

Am I the only person on this board who passed Economics in College?

No ,but few posters let fact, knowledge or reason change their opinions.   Up and down retail price are cyclical and seasonal but prices on everything will continue to rise.  The base price of petroleum will continue to rise because of increases in worldwide demand , inflation, and economic growth in the world economic market places  and  dwindling supplies. The dwindling supplies may be temporarily alleviated drilling, refining etc., but those add costs  to the products.

Economic growth means more money in circulation of lesser value and increased competition for products.  

I can remember 30 cent a gallon gas, 15 cent hamburgers, 10cent French fries, 5cent soda pop   and 55 cent an hour wages.( my senior high school year )   I made $77 dollars a month delivering 360 newspapers every day and  and an extra  $4 or $5 a  month by delivering ads once a week (by bicycle, actullly faster and cheaper than by car) .

So rising prices are going to occur.       

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 3:54PM #22
Bodean

May 3, 2012 -- 11:37AM, Druac wrote:

LOL...always with the blame game on the economy and the phantom "Recovery"...as if we can or should return to the insanity that was and still is unsustainable.

We will continue the insanity as long as the Federal Reserve is allowed to exists!

The Fed is what creates the booms ... and the busts!  Central Planning has failed all around the world, yet, for some reason, the idiots we have running our country still think it can work here.

So .. don't get your hopes up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 1:11PM #23
paeng

Not just Bush but multiple factors, including deregulation during Clinton's and Reagan's terms and the move away from the gold standard during Nixon's.

In essence, we're looking at an economy that's heavily dependent on borrowing and spending for all sectors: government, households, corporations. More dollars are created (and much of it by commercial banks) to purchase more goods from abroad in order to support expensive infrastructure, a middle class lifestyle, and a military.

Now, many of these components are falling apart, and each group is now trying to blame the other.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 1:13PM #24
Druac

May 3, 2012 -- 11:05AM, arielg wrote:

Whoever is in charge gets the credit or the blame for whatever happens, but the reasons for the changes in the economy go deeper than any person or party.

The attempts to pigeohole some action or party for whatever happens with the economy is  missguided.  Nobody is making anything happen.  They are all reacting to events according to their beliefs and ideologies.There are economic forces that work beyond individuals desires or plans.

Now you are just talking nonsense to partisan thinkers...you obviously do not belong here...go somewhere where reason and reality actually matter.

/sarcasm...

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook